Automotive General discussion.

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Automotive General discussion.
Posted: Dec 9, 2018 at 13:24 Quote
> implying scrap yards don’t have stolen items

Posted: Dec 10, 2018 at 23:57 Quote
ehh not the worst crime i've committed so i'll steer clear of the moral high ground and grab the wheels on a trip to portland in jan

Posted: Jan 12, 2019 at 2:36 Quote
crustpizza wrote:
not sure if this has already been discussed in this thread, but I'm looking into buying a 2004ish tacoma and I was wondering if anyone here has one and uses a tailgate pad and hauls their bikes on it. Just wondering if the tailgate is too small for the pads and hauling a 29er (sentinel) safely.

Old post but just looked. My buddy had one of those Gen Tacoma’s. He built a wood frame/extension of sorts to raise the bikes higher. The tail gate is short so they either didn’t fit or hung down super low. Believe they just hung down too low to comfortably shuttle trails and such. Found pics and it looks like the fork would hit the bumper pretty bad an interfere as well.

Posted: Jan 13, 2019 at 22:46 Quote
Kinda kicking around selling my caddy and buying a 66 gmc to bag. Use that as my bike trabspo. Lol.

Posted: Jan 22, 2019 at 13:56 Quote
Anybody ever done a swap to rack and pinion? Thoughts on UniSteer products?

Posted: Jan 25, 2019 at 11:13 Quote
Can't comment on UniSteer but we usually either do Flaming River or find some OEM piece that'll fit. I generally prefer that method for better parts availability.

Posted: Jan 25, 2019 at 14:10 Quote
trozei wrote:
Can't comment on UniSteer but we usually either do Flaming River or find some OEM piece that'll fit. I generally prefer that method for better parts availability.
Beer

Posted: Apr 10, 2019 at 19:25 Quote
Any of you guys ever replace u joints? Mine sound/feel like they're failing and I wanna do it myself. Any tips? I have never done it before.

Posted: Apr 11, 2019 at 8:00 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
Any of you guys ever replace u joints? Mine sound/feel like they're failing and I wanna do it myself. Any tips? I have never done it before.
It's real easy. Plus you get to hit things with hammers.
Here's a video with a cute ginger in it.

https://youtu.be/m49STKK4pWY

Posted: Apr 11, 2019 at 18:39 Quote
dkidd wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:

Thanks! Best video I've seen yet! Seems really easy.

Posted: Apr 12, 2019 at 12:28 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
dkidd wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:

Yeah, generally not a big deal. Might take the cake for worst noise to easiest fix.

Posted: Apr 13, 2019 at 12:34 Quote
dkidd wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:
dkidd wrote:

Yeah, generally not a big deal. Might take the cake for worst noise to easiest fix.

Did it last night after work. Pretty easy. My truck drives so much smoother now. I think my u joints were bad since the day it left the dealer. I have always had a small clunk and noise from the drivetrain. Dealer could never figure out what was going on. Now it's gone.

Posted: Apr 13, 2019 at 15:32 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
dkidd wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:

Did it last night after work. Pretty easy. My truck drives so much smoother now. I think my u joints were bad since the day it left the dealer. I have always had a small clunk and noise from the drivetrain. Dealer could never figure out what was going on. Now it's gone.
nice work!

Posted: Apr 14, 2019 at 1:54 Quote
Bit late but easy way to check if it is the U joints is grab both sides of the U joint and twist, there should not be any free play. Sub frame bushings can sound the same and ones an easy fix, the other can be a pain.

Posted: Apr 14, 2019 at 7:28 Quote
Need to do that, and in the meantime replace the transfer case seal on the montero! Thanks for the link!

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016887
Mobile Version of Website