Automotive General discussion.

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Automotive General discussion.
| Next Page
Posted: Apr 15, 2019 at 18:12 Quote
yo13bo wrote:
Bit late but easy way to check if it is the U joints is grab both sides of the U joint and twist, there should not be any free play. Sub frame bushings can sound the same and ones an easy fix, the other can be a pain.

I couldn't understand it because my old u joints seem perfectly fine. No play in the driveshaft, bearings were still smooth and moving freely. Really no signs of wear at all. But I had a pretty bad clunk and squeaking noise. All gone now.

Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 21:45 Quote
Anyone have a Jeep Cherokee KL (2014+)? I'm thinking about getting a '19 Cherokee Trailhawk and was wondering if anyone had any experience with their new KL platform.

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 18:33 Quote
I'm gonna be looking at a 7.3l IDI NA ford with a five speed this weekend. Looking for a decent moto and parts hauler. Anyone have any IDI experience? I'm not expecting a powerstroke for 2k but hopefully a bit better fuel economy than a 460.

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 19:29 Quote
I’ve had two. Definitely better mileage then any gas motor you will get in an obs. I’ve had 460’s, 351’s, and 302’s. That said I would opt for a powerstroke all day long. Way more power in stock form and better aftermarket. Once fuel drip sets in they are an absolute pain in the ass to start. Same in wintertime, if it gets cold where you live you better have good batteries, glow plugs, and a spare starter on hand. They are good when they are running but the injection pumps are shitty and pretty expensive. All in all I’d save a little more for a 94.5-97 if it were me. Don’t think I’d sink money into an idi again even at 2k

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 12:21 Quote
I live in Colorado, but this would mostly be a moto hauler, my Volvo is my winter vehicle. I’d definitely prefer a power stroke but those go for 4x as much around here and have 300k+ miles and rust, this IDI is pretty clean.

Would you take an IDI over a gas obs?

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 13:47 Quote
Nope. I wouldn’t. My favourite truck I have had yet was a 1990 3/4 ton 4x4. Was a 351 with a zf5. Not the most powerful or efficient but was the most reliable vehicle I’ve ever had. Sold it with 600k on it still running and the kid still drives it. I was second owner to a ford dealership. Guess it was a shop truck? I bought at 450,000 ran perfect.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022029
Mobile Version of Website