Automotive General discussion.

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Automotive General discussion.
Posted: Nov 23, 2019 at 12:52 Quote
I tried. Dude got to many offers and put it on eBay instead. Got more than it was worth.

Posted: Nov 26, 2019 at 1:39 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
I tried. Dude got to many offers and put it on eBay instead. Got more than it was worth.
That sounds about right. At least your Caddy is still cool as f*ck.

Put a hitch on it? LOL.

Posted: Nov 26, 2019 at 7:05 Quote
Or those sea sucker racks?

Posted: Nov 26, 2019 at 13:39 Quote
recklessness wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:

Put a hitch on it? LOL.

Think I'm gonna focus on the old wrx first. Get it back up and running and put a hitch rack on it. Once I have that done I can start moving things around. Sell the other wrx. Start working on the caddy again or sell it and just buy a truck. I've figured out that if I sell my caddy and just fly to Oregon I can find a truck up there and drive it home. They're up there and for way less than in California.

Posted: Nov 27, 2019 at 18:43 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
recklessness wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:

Put a hitch on it? LOL.

Think I'm gonna focus on the old wrx first. Get it back up and running and put a hitch rack on it. Once I have that done I can start moving things around. Sell the other wrx. Start working on the caddy again or sell it and just buy a truck. I've figured out that if I sell my caddy and just fly to Oregon I can find a truck up there and drive it home. They're up there and for way less than in California.

I thought about flying to Oregon to drive a truck home to Colorado before I found my truck. It seems like Japanese trucks especially are way cheaper there than anywhere else in the country.

Posted: Nov 27, 2019 at 22:42 Quote
C10 prices are crazy in Australia. Cheapest one I saw when I looked into it was about $30,000, and that was for an in-line 6 rust bucket.

It’s cheaper for me to fly to the US, buy one, get it shipped over, complianced and registered than buy one here.

Please send me a C10 someone lol

Posted: Dec 8, 2019 at 14:28 Quote
photo
photo
photo

some more work getting done

Posted: Dec 8, 2019 at 19:50 Quote
this week we start on the rear end so should be close to finished

O+
Posted: Dec 21, 2019 at 0:08 Quote
Been ages since I’ve posted, or checked this lol. But the builds looking sweet Chris! Shame you couldn’t find something other than D35 rear. Probably wouldn’t run over 35s on those axles. But that’s just me, I don’t know what sort of wheeling you do there exactly! 3 link is sweet though haha.

I’ve just been doing some updates on my 05 Silverado Duramax. Just got some Bilstein 5160 reservoir shocks for the front. Well worth the upgrade, I’m stoked haha they ride great. Got some great shape used leafs for the rear since mine are sacked out. Can’t handle the weight of my camper or anything without squatting, and ride terrible now. So going to throw new bushings in those and paint!

Have a few odds and ends like front bumpstops/jounce bumpers they call em. Basically soft and take the harshness out of bumps, and need some rear cab mounts and same rear shocks! Also have new headlights and switchback LEDs coming, and lots of plans in the future of course lol. Need some performance upgrades now. Have 5” exhaust and was tuned, but no longer, and need to get on that haha. Little update on my end

Posted: Jan 23, 2020 at 19:52 Quote
photo

almost there! just need to get the driveshaft done and will be rolling on it!!

Posted: Jan 25, 2020 at 15:59 Quote
So got the exhaust (finally) (almost) buttoned up in my car.
The main issue with it was that the hanger for the stock exhaust coming off the transmission was absolutely nowhere near where the one it needed to mate to on the aftermarket one. Got pretty close, but not perfect. It's close enough that we used some redneck engineering to get a temporary fix on it. There is also still a very very tiny exhaust leak between the J-pipe and he mid-pipe. But hopefully this summer my friend and I will get over to a local blacksmith/bad ass with any and all metal, and get the hanger fixed, which should fix the leak as well.
I may take it to the shop and have them do what they do and crank the headers onto the block on like a mother f*cker, so those don't pop off again.
Sounds about 1000% better than when it was leaky as f*ck, and 200% better than where it was before with only the muffler delete and the intake done.

Posted: Jan 25, 2020 at 16:05 Quote
I got a new cartruckthing and it's neat. Lots of plans for this thing.
photo

O+
Posted: Jan 25, 2020 at 21:14 Quote
Anyone got tips for testing for an exhaust leak? I've tried attaching a decent CFM blower to the tailpipes and doing the soapy water method, and haven't come up with anything.

Installing an EFI kit in the falcon so I wanna be sure I dont have a header/exhaust leak on the side where I install the O2 sensor.

Posted: Jan 25, 2020 at 21:30 Quote
dkidd wrote:
Anyone got tips for testing for an exhaust leak? I've tried attaching a decent CFM blower to the tailpipes and doing the soapy water method, and haven't come up with anything.

Installing an EFI kit in the falcon so I wanna be sure I dont have a header/exhaust leak on the side where I install the O2 sensor.
One could always cap the exit fill with smoke and apply pressure, a small leak likely will not impact o2 readings.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.028006
Mobile Version of Website