Automotive General discussion.

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Automotive General discussion.
Posted: Jan 26, 2020 at 3:42 Quote
Usually if its at the headers you'll hear it, ít'll sound like a lifter ticking but it'll just be a leak on one runner. If you have access to a smoke machine they are a god send for finding vacuum leaks and I can't see why it wouldn't work in an exhaust system.

Also it's a long shot as I don't think they're as popular over where most of you guys are, but if anyone's owned a 105 or 80 series LandCruiser, or driven both offroad, I would appreciate feedback, only looking at diesels.

Posted: Jan 26, 2020 at 4:17 Quote
yo13bo wrote:
Usually if its at the headers you'll hear it, ít'll sound like a lifter ticking but it'll just be a leak on one runner. If you have access to a smoke machine they are a god send for finding vacuum leaks and I can't see why it wouldn't work in an exhaust system.

Also it's a long shot as I don't think they're as popular over where most of you guys are, but if anyone's owned a 105 or 80 series LandCruiser, or driven both offroad, I would appreciate feedback, only looking at diesels.
I can attest that you'll hear it at the headers. lol
If you can get it up on jack stands, and just check it out. If the exhaust's brand new, may be the easiest.

O+
Posted: Jan 26, 2020 at 8:58 Quote
marxthekittah wrote:
yo13bo wrote:

I can attest that you'll hear it at the headers. lol
If you can get it up on jack stands, and just check it out. If the exhaust's brand new, may be the easiest.

Its gonna be really small if anything. From a visual inspection theres no issue. Hard to see around the header bends though.

I actually do have a couple of smoke machines (Halloween gets pretty crazy down here), so I'll try that.

Cheers!

Posted: Jan 26, 2020 at 10:26 Quote
seraph wrote:
I got a new cartruckthing and it's neat. Lots of plans for this thing.
photo

Plans- like shifting it on asap to avoid ridicule of the interweberz and car enthusiasts

Posted: Jan 26, 2020 at 11:03 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
seraph wrote:
photo

Plans- like shifting it on asap to avoid ridicule of the interweberz and car enthusiasts

No, plans like new exhaust system, 2" lift, new wheels, and K02s. Traded in my 03 Tacoma TRD PreRunner with 135k miles. This is newer with more tech, leather interior, heated seats, push button ignition, etc. All the upgrades. Certified pre-owned for $27k.

O+
Posted: Jan 26, 2020 at 16:13 Quote
seraph wrote:
titaniumtit wrote:
seraph wrote:
photo

No, plans like new exhaust system, 2" lift, new wheels, and K02s. Traded in my 03 Tacoma TRD PreRunner with 135k miles. This is newer with more tech, leather interior, heated seats, push button ignition, etc. All the upgrades. Certified pre-owned for $27k.

I'll admit I drive my minivan more than any of our other vehicles. Sometimes convenient is more important than cool.

Posted: Jan 26, 2020 at 16:23 Quote
seraph wrote:
titaniumtit wrote:
seraph wrote:
photo

Who’d you run for the exhaust and lift for it?

Posted: Jan 26, 2020 at 17:16 Quote
yo13bo wrote:

Get an 80, solid front and rear axles... they are pretty good, super strong drivetrain, diesel is powerful and reliable! Get a manual one... lot’s of hearing options, super comfy

Posted: Jan 26, 2020 at 17:23 Quote
dkidd wrote:
seraph wrote:
titaniumtit wrote:

I'll admit I drive my minivan more than any of our other vehicles. Sometimes convenient is more important than cool.

Cool, but this isn't a minivan. It's classed as an SUV. AWD with 270hp and 5000lb towing capacity. It's got 3-row seating but I keep all the back seats folded down for bikes and such until I get a hitch.

Posted: Jan 26, 2020 at 17:25 Quote
marxthekittah wrote:
seraph wrote:
titaniumtit wrote:

Who’d you run for the exhaust and lift for it?

ReadyLift makes a 2" lift kit and I'll probably just do Magnaflow or whatever the muffler place recommends.

This is the lifted Highlander I'll be modeling mine after. I might do bronze wheels too, but probably Method instead.
photo

O+
Posted: Jan 26, 2020 at 20:04 Quote
seraph wrote:
dkidd wrote:
seraph wrote:

Cool, but this isn't a minivan. It's classed as an SUV. AWD with 270hp and 5000lb towing capacity. It's got 3-row seating but I keep all the back seats folded down for bikes and such until I get a hitch.

Of course, my mistake. I'll just keep quiet over here with my minivan.
With more horsepower. lol

Posted: Jan 26, 2020 at 20:28 Quote
dkidd wrote:
seraph wrote:
dkidd wrote:

And less body roll, probably better traction aswell.

O+
Posted: Jan 26, 2020 at 22:09 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
dkidd wrote:
seraph wrote:

Don't forget more space for bikes. Wink

Posted: Jan 26, 2020 at 23:44 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
dkidd wrote:
seraph wrote:

Doubt it. The AWD in the Highlander is quite efficient. And I like body roll. I drove a TRD PreRunner for 18 years, I'm used to it.

But anyway it's not a contest. I'm stoked on my new car. I don't give a shit how anyone else feels about it.

Posted: Jan 27, 2020 at 4:26 Quote
Be rad to play around with photoshop just see the extremes what you could do with it

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021347
Mobile Version of Website