Automotive General discussion.

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Automotive General discussion.
Posted: May 20, 2020 at 4:29 Quote
yo13bo wrote:
JaseZ wrote:
yo13bo wrote:
*Snip*,
no problem, just get an inspection and change the engine number over and you’re good to go.
*Snip*

Lmao i've just remembered that my engine number doesnt match my vin plate which doesnt match the number stamped on the chassis in the engine bay of my Mira.

Cant wait to get pulled over and them be like "wtf"

Dude you’re fine I got pulled over and my car was registered as a 4 cylinder but it had an I6 in there lol NSW Highway Patrol can’t even count to 6

Lmao its alright, it's been in the shed for the last 4 months hahahah

Posted: Jun 1, 2020 at 2:23 Quote
JaseZ wrote:
yo13bo wrote:
JaseZ wrote:

Lmao i've just remembered that my engine number doesnt match my vin plate which doesnt match the number stamped on the chassis in the engine bay of my Mira.

Cant wait to get pulled over and them be like "wtf"

Dude you’re fine I got pulled over and my car was registered as a 4 cylinder but it had an I6 in there lol NSW Highway Patrol can’t even count to 6

Lmao its alright, it's been in the shed for the last 4 months hahahah

Nobody checks VIN. I have a swapped '03 GSX1216f, '85 swapped GS750ES, and '06 swapped Charger on 9psi. Cops couldn't care less......never heard a word. Does the basic 'script match the registration? same color...ish? cool! ....done. They care about how fast you were, and how much to charge ya for being a horrible, untrustworthy, unjust delinquent...NOT what junk was involved. And really, you should feel bad for breaking speed limits....I mean, we broke the 100mph barrier over a hundred years ago; most vehicles can easily manage that....but let's just limit progress and charge people for it! AWESOME plan!

Posted: Jun 15, 2020 at 13:29 Quote
Bois, my fuel cap hisses when I open it. A dude says it puts too much strain on the fuel pump/tank and I should drill a hole to let air in slowly as the fuel leaves the tank to avoid needing to replace stuff. Big no-no or is this a thing?

Posted: Jun 15, 2020 at 13:42 Quote
brodoyouevenbike wrote:
Bois, my fuel cap hisses when I open it. A dude says it puts too much strain on the fuel pump/tank and I should drill a hole to let air in slowly as the fuel leaves the tank to avoid needing to replace stuff. Big no-no or is this a thing?
Don't drill a hole...

Posted: Jun 15, 2020 at 14:14 Quote
99% of cars will do that due to expanding and contracting gases in the tank, it’s fine.

If it didn’t need a hole from factory it doesn’t need one now.

Also don’t light any cigarettes near your mates fuel tank unless you want to instantly remove your eyebrows.

Posted: Jun 15, 2020 at 14:46 Quote
Ordered up some Bilstein B6’s and King Springs for the Outback. It hurt.

Posted: Jun 23, 2020 at 21:41 Quote

Only took me 3 months to get it running lol M52B28 swap is pretty much done just tidying up a couple loose ends, but I took it to some back roads the other day and it’s so much better.

Posted: Jun 24, 2020 at 15:03 Quote
That’s a tidy E30! Nice work man

Posted: Jun 25, 2020 at 14:56 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
They actually look at that stuff? There are zero f*cks given by law officers or police here about what's under the hood.
Shhhh don't give them ideas!

Posted: Jun 29, 2020 at 7:15 Quote
I didn't drill the hole.

Also, boost pipe went woosh. Can't find another one to replace it in the town I'm stranded in. How hacky can I get here? Can the turbo output handle a jubilee clip around it and some zipties forcing the tube to stay in place? Basically one of the two notches that keep the tube in place broke.

(album with more pics for context: https://imgur.com/a/HVG7WmP)

One jubilee clip on the turbo + one jubilee clip on the tube + zipties holding both jubilee clips together might work. Not much boost, like, under 10 psi. Could maybe also find something to put over the whole assembly but I'm not driving and shit here is so far away from eachother and no one has anything in stock.

How hot does a small turbo usually get? 2.0 diesel

Posted: Jun 29, 2020 at 10:25 Quote
Turbo is likely to get 800*F and hotter.

Rig it up, don’t make any boost. Go slow or it will more than likely pop off with boost pressure again.

Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Good luck. Breakdowns are shit

Posted: Jun 29, 2020 at 10:51 Quote
Engine is dead

So engine is almost dead, needs a rebuild

plans are

1) 4D56TDI
2) Rebuild the engine
3) V6 swap, most likely auto box and ability to run a rubicon transfer so 4:1 gearing

Posted: Jun 29, 2020 at 10:57 Quote
in the mean time, going to get some tubes to build the flares and sliders, probably the stinger and some tube work on the front.... its boring to let it sit

Posted: Jun 30, 2020 at 10:20 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
Turbo is likely to get 800*F and hotter.

Rig it up, don’t make any boost. Go slow or it will more than likely pop off with boost pressure again.

Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Good luck. Breakdowns are shit

Bruh. Didn't quite realize it got this hot.

I put it back together to go for a drive, and it didn't pop off taking it easy. A bit of a long story, but I tend to drive like a grandma, on that day I happened to be going up steep hills very fast, and it happened to be hot. Probably had never worked the turbo as hard before, and, after putting things back together with a screw that was previously missing, a loud "huummmm" whilst driving disappeared, so this was probably in the making for a couple of months and it just didn't happen because grandma driving.

Gonna hunt around for a salvage yard, but at least I know I can drive around if taking it easy. Max speed here is 80km/h anyway.

That's one nice truck, bro!

Posted: Jun 30, 2020 at 20:19 Quote
its-chris wrote:
Engine is dead

So engine is almost dead, needs a rebuild

plans are

1) 4D56TDI
2) Rebuild the engine
3) V6 swap, most likely auto box and ability to run a rubicon transfer so 4:1 gearing

This is so sick! Turbo diesel would be cool, I’m partial to inline engines for simplicity though so there’s some bias there.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016653
Mobile Version of Website