Automotive General discussion.

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Automotive General discussion.
Posted: Oct 14, 2020 at 12:24 Quote
I already have a pickup that I use for my daily. I have the opportunity to pick up a 2005 Chana Star for $50USD. Am I crazy for thinking there is potential in making this the dumbest shuttle rig out there?

Posted: Oct 14, 2020 at 12:31 Quote
What a POS.... I LOVE IT !! get her done

Posted: Oct 14, 2020 at 12:49 Quote
its-chris wrote:

Beer Beer I can't wait to go check this thing out. If I go through with it there will be plenty of vids up on my YT channel haha. Currently my only concern is sourcing parts for the thing. They seem very popular in South Africa.

Posted: Oct 14, 2020 at 12:59 Quote
I would not worry about the engine and stuff... You can get a wrecked motorcycle and stuff that engine in there

Posted: Oct 14, 2020 at 13:09 Quote
live-free-mt wrote:
its-chris wrote:

Beer Beer I can't wait to go check this thing out. If I go through with it there will be plenty of vids up on my YT channel haha. Currently my only concern is sourcing parts for the thing. They seem very popular in South Africa.

if you don't snag that thing up, I'm gonna ! tup tup

Posted: Oct 14, 2020 at 14:36 Quote

Update! I was able to get a few more pics from the auction house. God what a pile of crap, I've never been so in love.

Posted: Oct 14, 2020 at 21:01 Quote

Last week project, mounting the winch, built the winch plate, reinforced the front frame section with 1/4 " plate and bumper and winch plate is built with that same gauge, is held in place with 2 bolts on the stock location + 2 bolts horizontaly on the frame + 2 on the sway bar mounts

all the bolts are 8.8 grade 1/2 "

Posted: Oct 15, 2020 at 3:25 Quote
live-free-mt wrote:

Update! I was able to get a few more pics from the auction house. God what a pile of crap, I've never been so in love.

dude ! I would be all over that like a cheap suit ! no shit...I would DD that bad boy in a heartbeat.

My wagon was my "shuttle rig" and my work truck, etc..but I had to get rid of it. I would haul everything from kids to mulch to lumber and bricks. We'd even load the family Christmas tree on that thing. Full Griswold style with a little euro flare....lol...

I need something utility again like that truck. Nice find man !

2003 Euro 525i M-Sport Individual - Carbon Black w Cinnamon leather

Posted: Oct 15, 2020 at 3:26 Quote
its-chris.....

digging what you have going on there too ! cool truck if I might say tup

Posted: Oct 15, 2020 at 11:36 Quote
its-chris wrote:

Last week project, mounting the winch, built the winch plate, reinforced the front frame section with 1/4 " plate and bumper and winch plate is built with that same gauge, is held in place with 2 bolts on the stock location + 2 bolts horizontaly on the frame + 2 on the sway bar mounts

all the bolts are 8.8 grade 1/2 "

Looks mint! tup

adm750 wrote:
live-free-mt wrote:

dude ! I would be all over that like a cheap suit ! no shit...I would DD that bad boy in a heartbeat.

My wagon was my "shuttle rig" and my work truck, etc..but I had to get rid of it. I would haul everything from kids to mulch to lumber and bricks. We'd even load the family Christmas tree on that thing. Full Griswold style with a little euro flare....lol...

Lol love the Griswold style. Only ever owned pickups and a brief 1 month period where I drove a POS VW Jetta around before getting rid of it. Always had a soft spot for wagons though.

Heading to look at the mini truck in person tonight, will be grabbing footage of all of its glory.

Posted: Oct 15, 2020 at 18:19 Quote
adm750 wrote:
live-free-mt wrote:

That is a great looking E39! Was it a 540? A friend of mine had a really nice one as well, but in silver.

Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 5:12 Quote
greywolf999 wrote:
adm750 wrote:
live-free-mt wrote:

That is a great looking E39! Was it a 540? A friend of mine had a really nice one as well, but in silver.

hey thanks greywolf ! that 540 is a bad-ass ride !!! but no....mine was actually a Euro 525..! A true Euro 2003 525i M-sport Individual. Carbon black with Cinnamon interior. A custom ordered car purchased brand new at BMW Niederlassung in Bonn, Germany by the PO then shipped to the US after their vacation and federalized. I oversaw service on the car for them until I left the biz in 2012. Shortly after I left, the owner reached out to me and asked if I wanted it so I took it over.

The US e39's did not get cinnamon interior nor were the brake cooling ducts in the front opened up (not even the e39 M5 - we used to drill holes in the block off panels for the track day guys...) nor were there any true M-sport 525's. It's actually not an uncommon combo in Europe but we believe it was 1 of 1 in the US. Everyone that saw it thought I had converted it to replicate the 540 sport.

This car came factory with the M-tech body, m-sport suspension, rear self level system, rear fog lamps and the first aid kit mounted in front of the r/f seat. All fuse panels, etc.. were in German as were all the books for it.

90mph on the turnpike through the mountains and she'd pull down 36-38mpg with the wife and our two kids in the car loaded down for vacation. Sweet spot was right at about 115mph... totally planted through the turns.

One of my most prized cars....but she was needy as f**k. I did a LOT of maintenance on this car. I referred to her as Frau Christine on the forums....

Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 10:51 Quote
The bid on that minitruck jumped up to $900, no way in hell is it worth that. Ah well, there's always the next dream.

Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 11:01 Quote
live-free-mt wrote:
The bid on that minitruck jumped up to $900, no way in hell is it worth that. Ah well, there's always the next dream.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..............shoot man, I'd even be tempted at $900 if I were right there... Frown

Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 11:20 Quote
Its one of those things where I'm still tempted but if I'm gonna spend that kind of money just to have to spend more money to soup it up, I'm gonna spend more money to actually get a nice Japanese one with 4x4 capability to begin with.

EDIT: Don't want to whore out my YouTube channel on the forums, but here's the video I did if anyone wants to see how much of a junker she really was.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016131
Mobile Version of Website