Automotive General discussion.

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Automotive General discussion.
Posted: May 15, 2021 at 10:21 Quote
Anybody built a custom flatbed for their truck? I'm fixing to build one myself this summer and was looking for some inspiration. I'm mechanically inclined, but lack the resources to weld or do any excessive metal work. Does anyone have any advice to give?

Posted: May 17, 2021 at 11:10 Quote
FloridaHasMTBToo wrote:
Anybody built a custom flatbed for their truck? I'm fixing to build one myself this summer and was looking for some inspiration. I'm mechanically inclined, but lack the resources to weld or do any excessive metal work. Does anyone have any advice to give?
Coworker and myself built one for his second generation a few weeks ago. You're going to need a welder, chop saw and angle grinder at a minimum.

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 7:47 Quote
Has anybody done a manual swap on a later model subaru? I'm planning out a possible manual swap in my 2012 subaru impreza wagon.

Posted: Oct 17, 2021 at 8:39 Quote
DaFreerider44 wrote:
Has anybody done a manual swap on a later model subaru? I'm planning out a possible manual swap in my 2012 subaru impreza wagon.
I’d say the better route would be to sell yours and buy one that’s manual from the factory. Swap over any other mods you’ve already done.

Posted: Oct 17, 2021 at 8:51 Quote
Id say the same

on other news, I got a Nissan Patrol Y60 high roof with a TB42 (6 in line 4200cc engine gasoline engine)

Turrialba Volcano
Nissan Patrol

At the moment is getting to look better, and then start working on mods, runnign 33s now, want to go 35s but going to wait, maybe a 6BT swap into it, or an LS, cost effectiveness would be a vortec 5.7... but the engine is running good at the moment

Posted: Oct 17, 2021 at 19:38 Quote
she's looking proper. here's one of my favorite patrol builds of all time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHf2ejIZ44g

Posted: Oct 18, 2021 at 4:01 Quote
Damn that looks clean, is it the carbi or efi version?

I'm running 3" lift and 35s on mine currently and wouldn't go back to 33s unless I had to (police don't really like big tyres over here). Haven't had a chance to take it up any tracks with it lowered down from 6" but hopefully I can make it out soon.

Funnily enough those stock chrome bumpers are impossible to find here, let alone in good condition, please keep it on there!

Posted: Oct 18, 2021 at 4:21 Quote
that Patrol is awesome Chris..! Nice work

Posted: Oct 18, 2021 at 6:41 Quote
yo13bo wrote:

I'm running 3" lift and 35s on mine currently and wouldn't go back to 33s unless I had to (police don't really like big tyres over here). Haven't had a chance to take it up any tracks with it lowered down from 6" but hopefully I can make it out soon.

Funnily enough those stock chrome bumpers are impossible to find here, let alone in good condition, please keep it on there!

Its a Carby, running dual fuel on this thing, half the cost on fuel haha makes it manageable Razz

I was thinking going 35s with 3" lift but worried it would hit the body :S but with it being a high roof I don't want to make it too tall!!

The front bumper on this thing is spotless and that's the mere reason I haven't put any fog lights haha, want to get a bumper build for the winch!

Last night I went on a mountain track and it performs amazingly

Posted: Oct 18, 2021 at 6:47 Quote
Any consensus on the Chevy LM7 (?) The 5.3 vortec I think it is... Way cheaper than a LS and more modern than the old small block

Posted: Oct 18, 2021 at 15:03 Quote
DaFreerider44 wrote:

It's a PITA. Just sell yours and buy a manual.

Posted: Oct 19, 2021 at 0:04 Quote
its-chris wrote:
yo13bo wrote:

Its a Carby, running dual fuel on this thing, half the cost on fuel haha makes it manageable Razz

I was thinking going 35s with 3" lift but worried it would hit the body :S but with it being a high roof I don't want to make it too tall!!

The front bumper on this thing is spotless and that's the mere reason I haven't put any fog lights haha, want to get a bumper build for the winch!

Last night I went on a mountain track and it performs amazingly

Yeah it'll scrub a bit on the inside of the rear wheel arch but longer bump stops will prevent that, if it's got 3rd row seats the bolt for the seat belt will hit the tyre so either cut the stock one or find a shorter one (it sticks out a fair way), the front I can't give a good answer because I've got an aftermarket bull bar, but I had to trim it slightly to get rid of the scrubbing on full lock. I'm pretty sure my one went further back around the side of the wheel arch than the standard bumper.

Posted: Oct 19, 2021 at 8:26 Quote
Nice to know!! And most likely my approach!! Going with custom bullbar similar to the raptor bumper, and roof rack first.

Then lift and tires. Already have a winch for it which is good haha

I was eyeing the cost of a LS swap and would be far easier and cheaper with not lot of downside to just do a vortec 350

Posted: Oct 19, 2021 at 16:14 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
DaFreerider44 wrote:

It's a PITA. Just sell yours and buy a manual.
Yeah i've kinda given up on that since it's only the daily. I think I'll just save the money and either 2j swap a bmw shitbox or buy a honda S2k

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013008
Mobile Version of Website