Automotive General discussion.

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Automotive General discussion.
Posted: Aug 26, 2013 at 19:40 Quote
Pinkbike - where no new car is complete without an immediate engine swap.

Posted: Aug 26, 2013 at 19:41 Quote
stand-easy wrote:
Quite valid sir.

Oma - what kinda price am I realistically looking at for A LS swap , said and done
Other than my transmission inquiry, what is your budget for the motor? Are you getting a rebuild project, or buying one that is ready to go?

Posted: Aug 26, 2013 at 19:46 Quote
This will be in the winter if I have the money.

Budget? Is there ever a true budget ?
But for your other questions I have absolutely no clue. Didn't plan on it cause its probably just too costly . Was thinking sr or rb as they're the same in cost. He mentioned It so I may as well get some info yknow

Posted: Aug 26, 2013 at 19:50 Quote
stand-easy wrote:
This will be in the winter if I have the money.

Budget? Is there ever a true budget ?
But for your other questions I have absolutely no clue. Didn't plan on it cause its probably just too costly . Was thinking sr or rb as they're the same in cost. He mentioned It so I may as well get some info yknow
You have a lot of planning to do before you start putting numbers on shit. From someone who has been through two swaps: It will cost more than you think! You will also run into shit that doesn't work together and all kinds of awesome head scratching moments. If you're in no rush, find a cheap LS that needs a rebuild and take it from there. Swaps are a good way to get to know your car.

At the risk of sounding lame, make an excel spreadsheet and price out everything you will need. That is your best way to estimate budget. Then add a few hundred bucks LOL.

Posted: Aug 26, 2013 at 19:52 Quote
Take your budget...double it. That's my motto for swaps. Only have minor experience but that's what happened.

Posted: Aug 26, 2013 at 19:53 Quote
EndersShadow wrote:
Take your budget...double it.
That's actually a really good rule of thumb. LOL. Beer

Posted: Aug 26, 2013 at 19:53 Quote
Aye excel spreadsheets aren't lame they're really f*cking handy hahah. I've only had it like 24 hours so I'm really in no rush, I have a lot of work to do before a motor is going in.
& tbh idk really anything about ls motors

Posted: Aug 26, 2013 at 19:54 Quote
stand-easy wrote:
Aye excel spreadsheets aren't lame they're really f*cking handy hahah. I've only had it like 24 hours so I'm really in no rush, I have a lot of work to do before a motor is going in.
& tbh idk really anything about ls motors
Do A LOT of reading and forum lurking for now. Find fuckers that have struggled immense ass with the swap and learn from their mistakes.

Posted: Aug 26, 2013 at 19:56 Quote
Yeah I will start reading once school starts again.. Hahah need something to do in class right ?

Posted: Aug 26, 2013 at 19:59 Quote
Your best bet is a truck engine. Cheap and plentiful. A 5.3 would be plenty. Lots of room for future improvement later on.

Posted: Aug 26, 2013 at 20:00 Quote
stand-easy wrote:
Yeah I will start reading once school starts again.. Hahah need something to do in class right ?
I will leave you with this; no matter how well prepared you are (depending on who's helping I guess), your first swap will probably bend you over and rape you. No vaseline. Your wallet will be empty and you will walk funny, but hopefully you can enjoy the car for a bit before shit starts going wrong. LOL.

Posted: Aug 26, 2013 at 20:00 Quote
Get a 4.8/5.3/6.0 from a truck. They're cheap and easy to get, and will yield more than enough power to break tires loose. You'll be able to have everything running and driving, and not break the bank completely. You'll have more time to have fun and save for an LS. It'll bolt in directly.

Posted: Aug 26, 2013 at 20:07 Quote
trozei wrote:
Pinkbike - where no new car is complete without an immediate engine swap.
i lol'd cuz truth

Posted: Aug 26, 2013 at 20:24 Quote
I know a few 5.3's I maybe get out

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.032360
Mobile Version of Website