Automotive General discussion.

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Automotive General discussion.
Posted: Nov 13, 2013 at 17:37 Quote
I-CanDoRideTheBike wrote:
trozei wrote:
I-CanDoRideTheBike wrote:
Also GF's dad just out of the blue bought a full size hoist for his garage, dayymn
2 post symmetric?
Four post I believe
Those aren't my favourite but they work just fine.

Posted: Nov 13, 2013 at 17:38 Quote
recklessness wrote:
My truck is a bitch to hoist. Only my uncle has figured out how to get her on there. Tanks are too low being my main issue. Solution: Further forward at the front and on the rear axle at the back. It lifts on a funny angle too. LOL. Good times.
I'll find out on Friday how mine hoists. Rockin' an oil change at school.

Posted: Nov 13, 2013 at 18:02 Quote
Rattsl wrote:
I'd love a lift. But..car is too low for my normal jack, and I need wooden planks 3 feet before my ramps to lift my car. I'm not even low. Wtf. Piece of shit.

You need a new jack. Even my old Craftsman fits under my cars and I know both my cars are lower than yours.

Costco has 2 post moveable lifts for like $2k or something like that. My buddy just put them in his shop. Pretty freakin cool. Not high enough to stand under but they'd be perfect for a home garage.

Posted: Nov 13, 2013 at 18:05 Quote
I need one of them low stanced jacks. lol.

Srsly doe...my jack is about 18yrs old.

Posted: Nov 13, 2013 at 18:11 Quote
I still think cuttin my floor woulda been rad.

Posted: Nov 13, 2013 at 18:12 Quote
Bro...get 4 airbags, and drive on top of them, and inflate said bags. You're now bagged.

Posted: Nov 13, 2013 at 18:31 Quote
Forgot to actually get an answer from a while ago.

I want to sell the Subaru immediately as the cambelt needs doing, the cv's and shocks are on the way out and all up, although fun it's not worth keeping and doesn't suit my needs.

I'm currently looking at something that will need the following requirements:

RWD (All the FWD cars I've driven have been boring compared to RWD and don't want the stability and extra hassle of AWD/4WD)
Non-turbo/no V8's. (Cause fuel economy and insurance)
Cheaaap( To maintain, fuel and buy, I would try budget around $40 a week to maintaining it. Must cost under about $4-5k to buy cause broke teenager)
Not look like a total POS in terms of looks. If I'm not proud of my cars looks I will be more tempted to do silly things with it.

So far my list is uh.. basically just E30's. I do like the E36's but they only come in slow (1.Cool which if I was to have I'd at least want something that doesn't look fast haha.

As of right now this is pretty much what I'm considering
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://images.trademe.co.nz/photoserver/full/287119732.jpgUnsecure image, only https images allowed: http://images.trademe.co.nz/photoserver/full/287119591.jpg
Thoughts? It's 5k for that one ('86 320i man') though I'm kinda tempted to just put 3k into an unmodified E30 325i manual that is in mint bone stock condition and owned by an old person and just spend some money on rims/adjusties so I know it hasn't been thrashed though they come up less often.
Bimmers are very popular here and everything except the manual transmission will be cheap as chips as there is a surplus of auto E30's going dead cheap. Also if I have maintenance questions I can ask GF's dad as he has one as a racecar

Posted: Nov 13, 2013 at 18:33 Quote
e30s is tight.

semi-sketchy 240 with a sr for a dirty price is calling my name

Posted: Nov 13, 2013 at 18:44 Quote
stand-easy wrote:
e30s is tight.

semi-sketchy 240 with a sr for a dirty price is calling my name

yay

Posted: Nov 13, 2013 at 18:50 Quote
I doubt it'll happen, unless half his pictures are after paint, something is wrong lol

Posted: Nov 13, 2013 at 19:23 Quote
Are you f*cking kidding me...

click me

Posted: Nov 13, 2013 at 19:32 Quote
downhillbmxican wrote:
Are you f*cking kidding me...

click me

Holy c*nt flaps batman! That's too damn high.

Posted: Nov 13, 2013 at 19:38 Quote
Thinking I might debadge and sell them if people want them, seeing as how I wanna put these on instead..
Sergio at Cummins Western is pretty cool.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013460
Mobile Version of Website