Automotive General discussion.

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Automotive General discussion.
Posted: Nov 14, 2013 at 0:07 Quote
Seat belt install took under two hours. Easy peesy. On the bright side, I got my seat belts in. On the other hand, I've now got seat belts. Blah.

Posted: Nov 14, 2013 at 0:35 Quote
trozei wrote:
Seat belt install took under two hours. Easy peesy. On the bright side, I got my seat belts in. On the other hand, I've now got seat belts. Blah.

better safe than sorry

Posted: Nov 14, 2013 at 0:39 Quote
I've done a whole SRS system in that time lol

Posted: Nov 14, 2013 at 1:20 Quote
JaseZ wrote:
trozei wrote:
better safe than sorry
No matter what, if I'm in a head on collision I'm getting a steering column through my throat. I'm not too worried about safety in this truck.

Posted: Nov 14, 2013 at 1:22 Quote
bamfbmx wrote:
Took me forever to get the old belts out because of the plastic shrouds covering the belts and stuff. Hard to explain through text. Either way, not a massive issue.

Speaking of SRS, my girlfriend's family does not believe in air bags so they disable them in every vehicle and see them as the opposite of a selling feature when they look at a vehicle to buy. Lol.

Posted: Nov 14, 2013 at 1:30 Quote
trozei wrote:
bamfbmx wrote:
Took me forever to get the old belts out because of the plastic shrouds covering the belts and stuff. Hard to explain through text. Either way, not a massive issue.

Speaking of SRS, my girlfriend's family does not believe in air bags so they disable them in every vehicle and see them as the opposite of a selling feature when they look at a vehicle to buy. Lol.
Wut. Why ?

Posted: Nov 14, 2013 at 1:32 Quote
I-CanDoRideTheBike wrote:
trozei wrote:
bamfbmx wrote:

Wut. Why ?
'Cause they're a little different. They think air bags do more bad than good. They're all "hurr durr it's basically a bomb" well yeah no shit it is.

Posted: Nov 14, 2013 at 2:19 Quote
I know I could have googled this but I couldn't find sweet f*ck all, so here goes. What's got two doors and is all wheel drive, preferably turbo?

Posted: Nov 14, 2013 at 2:47 Quote
UnknownDHRider wrote:
I know I could have googled this but I couldn't find sweet f*ck all, so here goes. What's got two doors and is all wheel drive, preferably turbo?
Assuming you aren't looking for an old rally car like a RS2000, 22b etc haha

Misti Gto/3000gt? AWD, 3L Twin turbo (and N/A model) boaty as f*ck and looks to be a pain but first thing that comes to mind with that criteria. Or GTR if you have the monays.
Why does it need to be two door?

Posted: Nov 14, 2013 at 2:59 Quote
BMW M3? Is that AWD?

Posted: Nov 14, 2013 at 3:05 Quote
trozei wrote:
trozei wrote:

Wut. Why ?
'Cause they're a little different. They think air bags do more bad than good. They're all "hurr durr it's basically a bomb" well yeah no shit it is.
We had to disconnect airbags so they don't kill my mom. She is under 5'3" and they will probably kill her when they deploy and crush her aorta.

Posted: Nov 14, 2013 at 5:39 Quote
trozei wrote:
BMW M3? Is that AWD?
The m wasn't, but the 3 series was available with it. 325IX would be an example

Posted: Nov 14, 2013 at 7:09 Quote
recklessness wrote:
trozei wrote:

Wut. Why ?
We had to disconnect airbags so they don't kill my mom. She is under 5'3" and they will probably kill her when they deploy and crush her aorta.
You had a legitimate reason, which is totally cool. Her family is all taller than that though.

Posted: Nov 14, 2013 at 7:10 Quote
stand-easy wrote:
trozei wrote:
BMW M3? Is that AWD?
The m wasn't, but the 3 series was available with it. 325IX would be an example
Huh. I wonder what their reasoning for that was.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.025329
Mobile Version of Website