DH - preston

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
DH - preston
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 29, 2012 at 14:14 Quote
i've just moved to Garstang, Preston and was wondering if someone could tell me where to ride DH locally

Posted: Aug 1, 2012 at 14:04 Quote
There's supposedly a DH track up at longridge fell, I've not found it yet though. I'm quite new to the area too, if you ever want someone to ride with let us know.

Posted: Aug 1, 2012 at 14:17 Quote
leesus wrote:
There's supposedly a DH track up at longridge fell, I've not found it yet though. I'm quite new to the area too, if you ever want someone to ride with let us know.

yeah, i've looked too. try watching the videos to identify the area thats what im going to do

Posted: Aug 1, 2012 at 14:19 Quote
Been up a few times and ridden round looking for quite a while but to no avail, some of the normal trails are ok anyway, better than riding round Preston anyway!

Posted: Jan 6, 2014 at 1:01 Quote
I know it's old post but I'm new in this.
I live in Preston and I've found short track (a lot of fun on it)
It's in brockholes wood.
Pm me if interested in riding together

Posted: Jan 7, 2014 at 10:27 Quote
Hi mate how long is the track and is there any jumps on it?

Posted: Jan 17, 2014 at 2:49 Quote
It's short... Up to 500m, there are 2/3 small jumps

Posted: Jun 20, 2014 at 1:59 Quote
Hey guys, just digging up this thread to see if there's anyone still riding Dh/FR in the area? Moved to Preston a while back but getting the bike back out there soon!

Posted: Jun 20, 2014 at 2:39 Quote
I live just outside Blackpool when I'm not at uni in Sheffield and haven't found or heard about anything remotely like a DH track anywhere near Frown

Posted: Jun 20, 2014 at 7:16 Quote
lukebrisco wrote:
I live just outside Blackpool when I'm not at uni in Sheffield and haven't found or heard about anything remotely like a DH track anywhere near Frown

Cheers, aye seem like it!! damn annoying! especially coming down here from Scotland lol
would be up for going further a field if I knew the area better and was with riders with local knowledge.

Posted: Jun 20, 2014 at 9:53 Quote
From what I've heard the nearest place with a DH track is Gisburn Forest which is about an hour away from Preston, but I've not been there since I was 13. I also used to know a guy from Liverpool that used to ride at lee quarry which I think is about an hour away too. It's kind of annoying considering in Sheffield there is a trail a 10 minute ride away and the place that Steve Peat learned to ride at is just down the road :/

Posted: Jun 20, 2014 at 10:26 Quote
lukebrisco wrote:
From what I've heard the nearest place with a DH track is Gisburn Forest which is about an hour away from Preston, but I've not been there since I was 13. I also used to know a guy from Liverpool that used to ride at lee quarry which I think is about an hour away too. It's kind of annoying considering in Sheffield there is a trail a 10 minute ride away and the place that Steve Peat learned to ride at is just down the road :/

Aye, we've both found ourselves in similar situations by the sounds of it!! I've been looking at this place Farmer Johns that is south of Manchester (I think) looks awesome fun but I'm sadly without my own transport so really need the benefit of locals who are cool with someone to tag along with! This awesome weather and no prospect of riding soon kills lol!

Posted: Jun 20, 2014 at 10:37 Quote
Yup we're in the same situation, I have a motorbike so cant really help you out :/

Posted: Jun 20, 2014 at 10:39 Quote
lukebrisco wrote:
Yup we're in the same situation, I have a motorbike so cant really help you out :/

Heh, thank you though. Safe riding both bikes over the summer man-hope you have some luck!

Posted: Jun 21, 2014 at 2:23 Quote
@nickkk, if you're interested in our tiny 'trail' in Preston, I'll pm you after I come back from my holiday

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012461
Mobile Version of Website