DH - preston

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
DH - preston
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 21, 2014 at 5:33 Quote
If you are going as far as Farmer John's there is also Delamere forest which you can get to via train from Preston with a couple of changes.

Slightly further you can get to Llangollen and North Wales where there are loads of trails both hidden and public. They'd be just over an hours drive away, not that is much help if you cannot drive.

Posted: Jun 21, 2014 at 9:55 Quote
maykos wrote:
@nickkk, if you're interested in our tiny 'trail' in Preston, I'll pm you after I come back from my holiday

Hey, yeah cheers any info/directions would be realy welcome man! I'm not 100% when I'd be free to get out myself (I'm planning my wedding-time is thin on the ground atm...) but I would be well up for a shred soon!

Posted: Jun 21, 2014 at 10:13 Quote
Marshall8 wrote:
If you are going as far as Farmer John's there is also Delamere forest which you can get to via train from Preston with a couple of changes.

Slightly further you can get to Llangollen and North Wales where there are loads of trails both hidden and public. They'd be just over an hours drive away, not that is much help if you cannot drive.

Cheers for that! Need to look into those options, if I'm travelling solo-some local knowledge would be useful though. Miss having riding buds! And yeah, boy do I wish I had a vehicle now!! Was riding distance from so much back home-miss that now!

Posted: Jun 21, 2014 at 12:30 Quote
Do any of you know any trails that are close to train stations? The closer to Blackpool the better Smile

Posted: Jun 27, 2014 at 9:26 Quote
Best Dh track in the nw is Todmorden. Dirt trax. 40mins from Preston and a proper Dh track. The free ride /Dh line there needs a Dh bike anything else and you break your bike. There's also the main line there which is super fast and fun but can be done on either a Dh bike or a 5-6incher. Hard to find but well worth it.

Posted: Jun 29, 2014 at 8:46 Quote
Thanks a lot I'll have to give that a try

Posted: Aug 18, 2018 at 17:53 Quote
Oi who keeps digging in Brockholes/Preston? I'll pay you in beer to show up

Posted: Aug 21, 2018 at 7:52 Quote
Not me, still digging at my old spot. You talking about the mini-moto track by the river? or somewhere in the woods?

Posted: Aug 21, 2018 at 8:54 Quote
There is a DH track at Farleton Fell just off Junction 36 of the M6.

Posted: Aug 22, 2018 at 13:04 Quote
thanks Rothdogg, didnt know about it. the "brockholes" is right behind Brockholes Community Primary School 53°45'57.8"N 2°38'48.2"W
my mate went there couple of days ago and theres some new stuff, massive drop and i thought its you stevet1

how about Longridge fell?

Posted: Aug 28, 2018 at 2:44 Quote
there couple of days ago and theres some new stuff, massive drop and i thought its you stevet1
Not me but sounds interesting, when are you next heading there?

how about Longridge fell?
Still keen on this as well, need to get a day free sorted then I'll drop you a pm.
Cheers.

Posted: Aug 30, 2018 at 23:14 Quote
still recovering after crashing in revolution but totally worth it Big Grin

Posted: Sep 7, 2018 at 6:14 Quote
Just been down to take at look at Brockholes. Some sketchy stuff, looks fun, and a mahoosive North Shore style wooden drop. Pity it's broken in the middle... otherwise ... I would still leave it - it's massive Eek
Rode around the rest of the wood, never ceases to amaze me how far people will drag crap into the middle of a wood to dump it Confused

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.067806
Mobile Version of Website