Commuting Info and Discussion (Read first post)

PB Forum :: Vintage and Fixed Gear Bikes
Commuting Info and Discussion (Read first post)
Posted: Nov 22, 2012 at 19:10 Quote
Here's an update on my completely impractical Dd... Rain or Shine

starting to feel comfy

Posted: Nov 22, 2012 at 21:08 Quote
id like to rescue that from you...

Posted: Nov 24, 2012 at 22:52 Quote
I've restored a bike this week, it's not very fast but it is a very fun ride.
Relais Cyclo
Relais Cyclo

Posted: Nov 25, 2012 at 3:50 Quote
bernbikeshop wrote:
I've restored a bike this week,

Very confused

Posted: Nov 25, 2012 at 11:03 Quote
never-stop wrote:
bernbikeshop wrote:
I've restored a bike this week,

Very confused

you don't like my new bike? Cry

Posted: Nov 25, 2012 at 16:02 Quote
The term restoring refers to putting it back to factory specs. what you did was hot rod the shit out of it lol nicely done though tup Salute

Posted: Nov 26, 2012 at 21:12 Quote
sorry, I tought restoring meant putting it back to good riding condition. putting it back to factory specs. would have been boring.

Posted: Nov 27, 2012 at 9:32 Quote
restoring can mean improving to, few modern parts, but what you done to it is just silly Razz

id count my old Peugeot pure gold as a restoration (when it was a road bike) not one part was origanal, but was going to be scrap metal and i saved it by finding parts that would suit it nicely and make it look origanal, also planning to try build that up again if i can get a new headset to fit (its french) plans are use some 27" deep V rims i have, World tour tyres, fixed, brakeless and drop bars, should look rad

Posted: Nov 27, 2012 at 9:41 Quote
Try fleabay and Retrobike for a headset.

Posted: Nov 27, 2012 at 10:05 Quote
hoping i can just fit a new one, ill have to just take it to my lbs and see what can be done

Posted: Nov 27, 2012 at 19:40 Quote
this is one of the others project I have.
peugeot
that's something that could be fun to restore like original or factory spec.
the other one wasn't a good bike to do that, what I try to do is the best commuter for here and always trying new things. I still have few modifications to do on the black relais cyclo.
first I'll swap the crank with the White Industrie from my cross check which now have a nuvinci N360 hub, both bike will be better like that.
I've ordered longer banana seat and extension for my sissybar so I can put the seat just at the right spot.
I've also ordered 1 of each "apehanger" bar available between 11" and 16" so I can choose the right one
I'll change the tires for kenda kozmik lite II 26x1,75" and if I can get the stan crest 26" 36h I'll build new wheels 2x with alu nipples and going tubless I'd save over 1250g.
and I've already add a front basket.
this bike will be a useful commuter and so much fun to ride

Posted: Nov 27, 2012 at 20:43 Quote
my problem is I like commuting uber fast.... so anything other than a bike with either horns or drops wouldnt work lol no bike lanes here either pretty well. so cruising tends to suck balls.

Posted: Dec 5, 2012 at 9:06 Quote
ready for a bit of commuting

Posted: Dec 8, 2012 at 6:12 Quote
Pretty good mirror called Bike Eye. Would be useful on commutes.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.tredz.co.uk/prodimg/50356_1_SuperSize.jpg

Posted: Dec 8, 2012 at 10:45 Quote
i would just find that annoying

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.019120
Mobile Version of Website