Commuting Info and Discussion (Read first post)

PB Forum :: Vintage and Fixed Gear Bikes
Commuting Info and Discussion (Read first post)
Posted: Dec 8, 2012 at 10:47 Quote
I would hit my knees off that skidding....

Posted: Dec 8, 2012 at 11:53 Quote
Silly fixed gear riders lol Razz

j/k

But I'd have one personally on my commuter, they look useful for safety reasons.

Posted: Dec 8, 2012 at 12:45 Quote
Just looks like more hassle than its worth, whats wrong with just turning your head? works perfectly fine

Posted: Dec 8, 2012 at 12:47 Quote
Guess it's a multi-task thing. So you don't have to turn your head, and have a two way vision.

Posted: Dec 8, 2012 at 12:59 Quote
just looks like something that is trying to solve a problem that never needed solving.

you have a much clearer view when looking behind you on a bike than a car, or even a motorbike, so why ruin that with some tiny mirror?

Posted: Dec 9, 2012 at 4:20 Quote
Guess it's to do with being able to keep your head forward so you can see ahead and behind at the same time, without having to look around, but that's just my theory.

EDIT: This explains why...

Posted: Dec 9, 2012 at 6:37 Quote
Freewheel for a few seconds to get a better look... Well that helps me loads specially when the one time I'd maybe use it is when my legs are zinging around at 140rpm.... lol

Posted: Dec 9, 2012 at 6:39 Quote
It's useful. I'd just hate the 'look' of it on my bike, haha.

Posted: Dec 10, 2012 at 12:20 Quote
Thought about it earlier, looks useless, id constantly hit my leg off it climbing any steep hill or maybe even accelerating out the saddle, and when ever i take one foot out at the lights just standing over my bike, then the distance you actually need to look down you can't look forward at the same time.

any one who is comfortable on a bike should be able to turn there head and get a proper look behind them, you need to be able to do it both ways and any direction to ride safely

Posted: Dec 11, 2012 at 8:23 Quote
These are pretty good, but the price could be lower.

Posted: Dec 11, 2012 at 12:35 Quote
thats nifty Razz how much?

Posted: Dec 12, 2012 at 1:13 Quote
£43 GBP, so like $80'ish in Canadian money?

Posted: Dec 12, 2012 at 5:11 Quote
comes in what sizes?

Posted: Dec 12, 2012 at 5:14 Quote
Look on here Wink all options are on the drop-down menu.

Posted: Dec 14, 2012 at 13:30 Quote
Does anyone know of a Gilles Berthoud dealer in southwest Ontario (London). I'm looking for a set of fenders. Thanks.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017996
Mobile Version of Website