O+
Posted: Dec 23, 2007 at 20:59 Quote
well post up stuff about mt washington.
fast lines
stories
complaints
its all good

Posted: Dec 23, 2007 at 21:33 Quote
At the start of last season MT. Washington said on there trail map they were going to have 2 or 3 new trails, I thought they advertised a Dirt Jump park, and I am pretty sure they advertisd the slopestyle. Perhaps they had plans for the slopestyle early in the season and it didn't work out, but I do not understand why they would advertise all the other things.

After riding Whistler, Washington seemed like it didn't have nearly the same flow on trails (berms seemed just a little bit off, jumps seemed a little bit randomn, etc.) My friend broke his collarbone on the last or second to last jump on Big Brother. Monster Mile was a mess when they opened it- perhaps time for a new DH trail? The terrain on Washington though (not manmade stunts but soil/rocks) seemed more diverse than Whistler.

There is perhaps a fair bit more to complain about, but it definitely isn't all bad.

In general the trails are all fun, and riding some of them on a shorter travel bike is not so bad. On Evileye there is a way around the uphill riding that is kinda hidden behind one of the first berms- I never knew that until the end of the season. At the end of every year they always seem to be building something randomn- last year I thought they were building something like a big DJ trail, and this year they had new dirtjumps near Evileye. On Big Brother, where a right hand bermed corner on Wizard comes right beside the wooden roll-down/ mini huck thing (kinda near the start of Big Brother), has anyone gapped from the mini huck thing into Wizard?

Personally I think MT. Washington should try to organize more events closer together, and try to make it a 2-3 day thing. They had DH and XC races in the middle of the week, why not have the Jump Jam thing on Saturday, and then the Slopestyle on Sunday? Personally I think that might draw some people out to stay up there.

Posted: Dec 23, 2007 at 23:21 Quote
Mount Washington needs a flowy smooth trail, with no rocks or roots; like A-Line. Although, that new trail looked like that, maybe...Time Lapse I think it was? I hope they have something like that next year, It would be pretty gnar.

Chom,

Posted: Dec 24, 2007 at 14:07 Quote
aperantly there was a trail called time warp that was open on the last day that was super smooth and really kicked ass in the words of my friends.I couldn't make it up the last day but they did have a dj park this year that was pretty cool. one complaint is some parts of wizard got so flodded when it rained and the top of hustler was like the moon but i found it you took M.M.T you bypass all the lame stuff and get back on hustler thats the only thing i dislike about mt washington

O+
Posted: Dec 24, 2007 at 16:10 Quote
they need some better drainage.
also more fun trails would be nice.
they should put a jump trail off of the eagle lift.

Posted: Dec 24, 2007 at 16:42 Quote
ScotV, Time Warp, thats the trail I was refering to earlier. I heard it is pretty gnar.

I was dissapointed with the jump park they made though, the Big Line looked okay, but the tables were just hurtin'. After being too 4 off Jay Hoots Bike Parks, I have came to the conclusion that his jump building skills are hurting.. 1 of them was ok though. tup

Mount Washington always had huge puddles...I went up on the Sleemans Jump Jam day, but decided not to ride in it so I rode the mountain, don't ride the mountain when theres like rain drops coming down that are the size of a golf ball, it was slick, very wet, and my back brake didn't work...Tree's hurt guys...

Pic of drop on Evil Eye-

photo

Couple from the Jumps:

photo

photo

One from Claw Invite, got lot's more...:
photo

Chom,

Posted: Dec 25, 2007 at 11:56 Quote
I was up there on the last day and rode Time warp, it's really short though but has big berms and some nice jumps, although the last jumps lip was very slippery and you couldn't really pull up or you would slip.

Posted: Jan 1, 2008 at 23:01 Quote
Washington or Whistler?- which is better

O+
Posted: Jan 1, 2008 at 23:30 Quote
I prefer Washington because it's only an hour away, there are never any lines for the chairs, there is no congestion on the trails, and the locals are friendly... 75% of whistler locals were dicks from my experience.

Posted: Jan 1, 2008 at 23:31 Quote
konabiker6 wrote:
Washington or Whistler?- which is better

Pffff, my guess is that you havn't been to Whistler. Anyone who's been to Whistler knows that nothing even compares too it(I don't know about places in Europe though). Whistler has everything that Mount Washington has times 10...

Chom,

Posted: Jan 1, 2008 at 23:33 Quote
madroxxx wrote:
I prefer Washington because it's only an hour away, there are never any lines for the chairs, there is no congestion on the trails, and the locals are friendly... 75% of whistler locals were dicks from my experience.

That's true I guess, if you want to sacrifice better trails for littler lines. I guess Mount Washingtons DH scene is good, but they need a good flowy jump trail. Mount Washington doesn't really have any locals, it's usually just people from around the Island.(I guess thats local)

Chom,

Posted: Jan 1, 2008 at 23:38 Quote
Washington is great for intermediate to advanced riders but lacks smooth flowy stuff for the beginners. Once it develops that and cleans up the present runs it'll be right up there with Whistler and Silverstar.

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 17:06 Quote
another thing i enjoy about mount washington is you can leave stuff and it wont get stolen one time up i brought my hydra pack but it wasn't really needed so i left it down at there chair lift and it stayed there all day and someone stealing it never even crossed my mind

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 at 13:18 Quote
Drainage,drainage,drainage

Need to have the trails up and running before the last day the mtn is open. Better signage, more high speed and flowy trails.

Had fun when i was up there, no lineups, nice people(cute lift girls), lots of tech trails

Mabye if they wait to open a little later they wont have to try and fix the trails and get the new ones opened

O+
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 at 19:22 Quote
they need to have there woodwork built out of cedar slats cus i ate shit on a wet day and everything is built out of slippery plywood and 2x4's

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018693
Mobile Version of Website