Official Mt Washington thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Mt Washington thread
O+
Posted: Aug 1, 2017 at 9:33 Quote
Anybody been up washy recently? I want to get up there as soon as my new forks get here. Haven't ridden the bike park in years.

Posted: Aug 1, 2017 at 21:18 Quote
Johnbron65 wrote:
Anybody been up washy recently? I want to get up there as soon as my new forks get here. Haven't ridden the bike park in years.
I wanna ride there too haha. I'm in Powell River though

O+
Posted: Aug 13, 2017 at 19:52 Quote
I have a seasons pass and been up many times. Trails are good and fast, lots of fun and they are busy building more. Little to no line ups lately so lots of runs.

Posted: May 30, 2018 at 10:26 Quote
is there a facebook group for mt washington somwhere? I can't find much

Posted: Jun 21, 2018 at 17:29 Quote
makripper wrote:

thats the only page I know on facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/MountWashington.ca/?ref=br_rs

they are also pretty active on instagram, bikepark opening on july 6th (one wee earlier)

Posted: Jun 21, 2018 at 21:32 Quote
Demo8AUT wrote:
makripper wrote:

they are also pretty active on instagram, bikepark opening on july 6th (one wee earlier)
I meant riders. I got a seasons pass this year but live across the water haha. it's going to get wierd.

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 18:50 Quote
makripper wrote:
Demo8AUT wrote:
makripper wrote:

I meant riders. I got a seasons pass this year but live across the water haha. it's going to get wierd.

oh, sorry Big Grin
i have seasons pass as well, but live on the island, i have the same problem when going to whistler ^^

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 19:05 Quote
Demo8AUT wrote:
makripper wrote:
Demo8AUT wrote:

oh, sorry Big Grin
i have seasons pass as well, but live on the island, i have the same problem when going to whistler ^^
turns out i get a lot of nice streches of days off for work this summer. won't be an issue now :0

Posted: Aug 1, 2018 at 12:23 Quote
makripper wrote:
Demo8AUT wrote:
makripper wrote:

oh, sorry Big Grin
turns out i get a lot of nice streches of days off for work this summer. won't be an issue now :0

good for you!
have been four times to mt. wash so far, I like it a lot.

Posted: Aug 1, 2018 at 15:57 Quote
Demo8AUT wrote:
makripper wrote:
Demo8AUT wrote:

oh, sorry Big Grin

good for you!
have been four times to mt. wash so far, I like it a lot.
I did 3 days ending yesterday. I have. Another 4 day stretch soon. It's so good! All blown out and loose

O+
Posted: Aug 1, 2018 at 17:07 Quote
Went up on sat. First time since it closed, rented a clapped out maiden with 2 spikes on each pedal ,a blowed up boxer, shredded front tire.
Was sad to see most of the wallrides gone.
Trails were pretty beat up as expected with the lack of rain. Was still fun but dont think im gonna run out and get a dh bike right now.

Posted: Aug 1, 2018 at 20:30 Quote
stevil-1 wrote:
Went up on sat. First time since it closed, rented a clapped out maiden with 2 spikes on each pedal ,a blowed up boxer, shredded front tire.
Was sad to see most of the wallrides gone.
Trails were pretty beat up as expected with the lack of rain. Was still fun but dont think im gonna run out and get a dh bike right now.
the park is pretty wild. What would convince you to get a dh bike?

O+
Posted: Aug 21, 2018 at 12:25 Quote
Thinking of making the move to the Comox area.

I have never been to Mt Washington. It's the only lift access mountain I haven't ridden in BC. I would definitely look at getting a pass at MT Washington if I moved to the island. I spent a few days in Comox/Courtenay/Cumberland last fall and really enjoyed it. Anyone have any thoughts and/or advice on the area in general?

O+
Posted: Aug 21, 2018 at 22:25 Quote
It's good, Cumberland >Comox

O+
Posted: Aug 21, 2018 at 22:55 Quote
Riding is definitely better in Cumberland. Pretty much everything else is better living in Courtenay or Comox though. Comox has the best weather, way more sun and less rain. The housing market is really hot in the Comox Valley right now, particularly in Cumberland.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017423
Mobile Version of Website