Airborne Forum

PB Forum :: Airborne
Airborne Forum
Posted: Mar 22, 2018 at 6:23 Quote
mcbizkit02 wrote:
Why don't they have any Large 29ers in stock? Are they all discontinued?

We're working on a lot of new bikes at the moment. We just released all-new Guardian and Goblin 29ers.

Posted: Mar 22, 2018 at 10:28 Quote
AirborneBicycles wrote:
mcbizkit02 wrote:

We're working on a lot of new bikes at the moment. We just released all-new Guardian and Goblin 29ers.

Are you guys planning to release a new Pathogen? It's been the same for years.

Posted: Mar 23, 2018 at 4:56 Quote
MetalheadWolfRider wrote:
AirborneBicycles wrote:
mcbizkit02 wrote:

We are currently working on new enduro and trail bikes, as well as a carbon hardtail.

We still have Pathogen frames left, mostly size small (I believe there are two or three mediums left too). We have sampled a slopestyle frame for Tommy Zula to test, but we're just in the beginning of that phase. He just built it up Wednesday.

Posted: Mar 23, 2018 at 7:17 Quote
AirborneBicycles wrote:
AirborneBicycles wrote:

We are currently working on new enduro and trail bikes, as well as a carbon hardtail.

We still have Pathogen frames left, mostly size small (I believe there are two or three mediums left too). We have sampled a slopestyle frame for Tommy Zula to test, but we're just in the beginning of that phase. He just built it up Wednesday.

Cool!

Posted: Jun 17, 2018 at 9:17 Quote
photo

I still have my 2015 Guardian. It gets some love on XC days, but I think my riding style has moved in a different enough direction that I'll probably sell it soon. I think the changes I'd have to make to get a more livelier ride on the downhill portions of ride would rival the cost of the bike, but it was a fun bike to start on.

Posted: Jun 17, 2018 at 10:28 Quote
has anyone had issues with the Airborne Pathogen's bearings in the linkage? Specifically the little dog bone, the bolts keep coming loose and bearings blow twice a year on mine. I met another guy with the same frame and he said that he's also having the same problem.

I took the time to really look for the cause of this, and the frame seems to be misaligned where the dog bone link meets the rocker link, so the bearings and bolts recieve lateral forces due to the binding produced that they were not meant to take, resulting in the bolts coming loose and the bearigns blowing up fast. I came to the conclusion that i'm just getting a new frame instead of keeping the struggle with this one, it rides awesome and feels super solid overall, but i can't be dealing with this all the time.

O+
Posted: Oct 30, 2018 at 0:05 Quote
anyone have any experience with 27.5 wheels on their pathogen? there's certainly enough clearance. le tm know if you have

Posted: Oct 30, 2018 at 12:11 Quote
thunder-nuggets wrote:
anyone have any experience with 27.5 wheels on their pathogen? there's certainly enough clearance. le tm know if you have

they work. I tried a 27.5 wheel with 2.4 tire and it fits. only needs a 27.5 fork

O+
Posted: Oct 30, 2018 at 12:15 Quote
thunder-nuggets wrote:

they work. I tried a 27.5 wheel with 2.4 tire and it fits. only needs a 27.5 fork

thanks. was there much clearance left in the rear?

Posted: Oct 30, 2018 at 16:22 Quote
thunder-nuggets wrote:
thunder-nuggets wrote:

thanks. was there much clearance left in the rear?

enough for it to fit

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 13:18 Quote
anybody here knows the bearing numeration for the 4 ones that go in the dog bone linkage? I emailed Airborne and they don't know.

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 5:10 Quote
bigquotes
apatipsychonaut4 wrote:
anybody here knows the bearing numeration for the 4 ones that go in the dog bone linkage? I emailed Airborne and they don't know.
There should be numbers on the bearings that you can match to bearing manufacturers.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009169
Mobile Version of Website