Rockshox reverb

Previous Page |
Posted: Aug 11, 2012 at 12:18 Quote
is the best upgrade on my bike ever ! if you havent got one buy one !!!! tup

Posted: Aug 11, 2012 at 13:05 Quote
Still can't decide if I should or not..........

My normal riding takes me road and a bit of single track where to seat stays where it is then when I get to out FR spot seat goes right down and stays there until It's time to come home....

Lot of cash just for that I think

Also don't like the way the cable goes when it's dropped......

Don't get me wrong I was in Scotland last week and saw some chaps who came out of a down section, up went the seat and away they went... No messing about, so I did miss it there I think but not sure my day to day riding needs one.........

What's the weight of one of these?

(goes to google)

Posted: Aug 11, 2012 at 13:11 Quote
The cable annoys me on mine, not being a stealth one, but i still wouldn't go back.

Posted: Aug 11, 2012 at 13:14 Quote
all depends what you ride stu !

Posted: Aug 11, 2012 at 13:18 Quote
Ok so looks like weight isnt that bad, about 590g for the big boy one they do.....

Cable might still pee me off tho....

I ride a yeti SB-66 dude.

Posted: Aug 11, 2012 at 13:21 Quote
How do you guys find the slight movement In the post???

If you grab hold of the seat you can move it left to right..

I know a guy who's drove him crazy for that one reason so he got shot of it...

Have you even noticed it???

Posted: Aug 12, 2012 at 11:31 Quote
stucon wrote:
How do you guys find the slight movement In the post???

If you grab hold of the seat you can move it left to right..

I know a guy who's drove him crazy for that one reason so he got shot of it...

Have you even noticed it???
very slight movement , didnt notice it when i was on the bike

Posted: Aug 12, 2012 at 14:23 Quote
I love mine, I don't notice any movement (you'd be very picky if you cared) and if you get the cabling right then it's fine (I've got one on my ex8 and it's completely out my way whether it's up or down).

I really do think it's one of the best upgrades around, it turns a bike into a true all mountain machine (some people may say just put your saddle up and sown manually but I don't think it's a proper bike ride if you keep stopping!)

Posted: Aug 12, 2012 at 14:38 Quote
stucon wrote:
Ok so looks like weight isnt that bad, about 590g for the big boy one they do.....

Cable might still pee me off tho....

I ride a yeti SB-66 dude.

I ride an ASR5, and the reverb really compliments the bike. My reverb has however gone back on warrenty, and i'm missing it like crazy.

Can't be without it now.

Posted: Aug 12, 2012 at 16:54 Quote
I think the side to side movement you are referring to is from the Joplin seat post. I tried out a reverb seat post once and didn't notice any play in it at all...

Posted: Aug 13, 2012 at 11:38 Quote
DC1988 wrote:
I love mine, I don't notice any movement (you'd be very picky if you cared) and if you get the cabling right then it's fine (I've got one on my ex8 and it's completely out my way whether it's up or down).

I really do think it's one of the best upgrades around, it turns a bike into a true all mountain machine (some people may say just put your saddle up and sown manually but I don't think it's a proper bike ride if you keep stopping!)
bang on mr dc1988 !!! i think if there was one on a demo day there would be loads sold

Posted: Aug 13, 2012 at 11:55 Quote
Had a word with my LBS and he is going to sort me one out to try...

Just need to make sure the cabling is nice and neat and away we go....

Looking forward to having a try......!!!!

Posted: Aug 13, 2012 at 12:01 Quote
stucon wrote:
Had a word with my LBS and he is going to sort me one out to try...

Just need to make sure the cabling is nice and neat and away we go....

Looking forward to having a try......!!!!
trust me mate you will love it !

Posted: Aug 13, 2012 at 12:47 Quote
No question that they are an awesome bit of kit , the only thing I'm thinking is that my seat only goes down when I get to our local free ride spot which is a good hour ride from home and will stay down until it's time to go home, 3-4 hours riding.......

On my everyday riding the seat stays right where it is...

I would say the seat stays where it is 3 out of every 4 rides.. And then when it does move it's down once and up once about 4 hours apart from each other

Or........ I only drop the post like 3-4 times a month....!!!

Still worth the big price tag?????

Posted: Aug 13, 2012 at 13:05 Quote
I got mine for £185 which isn't too bad, you can also change your seat height as you go, just because you don't change it much now doesn't mean you won't benefit. I never used to change my saddle height, I had it a bit low so it was too low for pedalling in the saddle and a bit high for gnarly descents, now it's up and down like a yoyo

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018785
Mobile Version of Website