Rockshox reverb

Posted: Jan 29, 2015 at 2:16 Quote
yeah mine didnt do it for a start but they have after plenty of use.
ive only had 1 replaced under warranty but this was because it wouldnt always go down. seemed like it was stuck and then you rocked a bit and it went down.

Posted: Jan 29, 2015 at 11:01 Quote
Love my reverb but Currently waiting for it to be replaced under warranty.

Had 18months of trouble free riding out of it then xmas eve I went out and found that is was dropping about an inch everytine I sat on it and wouldn't return to full height when I pressed the button.

Funnily enough mine started having problems the day after my brother had his replaced for the exact same problem.

Posted: Jun 14, 2015 at 5:47 Quote
photo

My rockshox reverb (rev A) is leaking for a month now and i have serviced it but didn't help.
Then i decided to submerge it in the water, and look where is leaking, there where the wall is most thin, in slot for brass key is micro crack. Had anyone something like this to deal with, fix it (how) or to buy new upper?

Posted: Jun 14, 2015 at 12:05 Quote
I'd see if Sram are willing to offer any sort of goodwill as it seems a strange place to fail

Posted: Jun 14, 2015 at 13:09 Quote
DC1988 wrote:
I'd see if Sram are willing to offer any sort of goodwill as it seems a strange place to fail

Yeah, i was thinking about same thing, but this is already 5 years old reverb, i do not know.
About strange place to crack, i have theory that this is not so much strange place but most possible, the most thin walls are in slots, the slots are on the end of tube, when fully extended, all weight, pressure is sitting on them.
I heard for lot of people having problem with reverb leaking but could not identify it, maybe this is the cause.

Posted: Aug 12, 2016 at 2:56 Quote
hi! i just received a brand new bike with a 150mm reverb stealth. i recognized that i can push the reverb in for around 2mm when i press o the seat without pushing the button. i never saw this with my old 100mm reverb. should i send it in?

Posted: Aug 12, 2016 at 3:02 Quote
Jarl666 wrote:
hi! i just received a brand new bike with a 150mm reverb stealth. i recognized that i can push the reverb in for around 2mm when i press o the seat without pushing the button. i never saw this with my old 100mm reverb. should i send it in?

The air pressure might just be a bit low. Put 250 psi in the valve at the top of the seatpost with a shock pump. If its still dipping after that then probably worth a warranty claim since its brand new. If its ok after you put 250psi in, keep an eye on it over time. If you have to keep putting air in too often then probably a warranty claim too. The seals start to leak a bit of air with age but shouldn't lose too much when new.

Posted: Aug 12, 2016 at 4:08 Quote
ok, thnx for your help!

Posted: Aug 13, 2016 at 4:19 Quote
i adjusted the pressure to 250psi (it was around 150) but when i sit on the saddle it still moves in for around 1-2mm .... so i will have to send it in Frown

Posted: Aug 17, 2016 at 1:10 Quote
My post wasnt working smoothly so I attempted my first bleed last night. I followed the GMBN video on youtube pretty carefully and was faily confident I had done a good job. However when I went to test - I couldnt compress the reverb remote. It was stuck solid in the out position. I then re-bled 4 times (at both ends) with no success.

What would cause the remote to stay stuck in the out position? It compresses fine when I have the bleed screw out and syringe attached in.

Very confused!!

EDIT the stealth cable was kinking in the seat post and I couldn't see - hence why the remote was going solid. Easy fix by pulling the cable back through the hole to remove the excess.

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 17, 2016 at 7:47 Quote
i am gonna be honest. i was not very impressed with the reverb considering it is praised as one of the best posts on the market. the button ergonomics are awful. its not very fast. feels like it needs constant attention.

made the switch to fox transfer. easy to set up, great ergonomics, faster, cheaper.

Posted: Aug 18, 2016 at 9:50 Quote
Only thing to consider when buying any dropper post: which company is fastest at replacing it with a new one when it breaks.

Posted: Aug 21, 2016 at 1:30 Quote
My b1 reverb has already had to go back under warranty! Pissed off really as at nearly £300 it was sighted as an improvement over the old model with the improved bushing being a game changer....3 rides in my post started the usual reverb sagging.

Posted: Nov 3, 2016 at 12:43 Quote
My brand new 2017 Bronson came with a Rockshox reverb stealth, I have had the bike for maybe about 2.5 weeks and last weekend the dropper developed this odd 5mm drop when sitting or applying pressure on the post. I found a few sites that said check the pressure and it was about 125 PSI, I pumped it up to 250 and still had the problem. I just dropped the shock off at my bike shop where I purchased it and one tech said it was normal, the guy that built my bike said it needs to be bled. We shall see how they handle it but they did not seem to recognize the problem but I hope they sort it out.

Posted: Nov 3, 2016 at 13:32 Quote
They are just as shit as the old reverb. Mine has been spot on since being replaced under warranty mind. But it's the same old story with SRAM I'm afraid

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.057134
Mobile Version of Website