Sony Vegas users thread

PB Forum :: Biking Videos
Sony Vegas users thread
Posted: Nov 1, 2011 at 1:05 Quote
ShastaOutdoorMedia wrote:
bergamontridernz wrote:
Would this be good to get? I would be using it with a Gopro HD Hero 2.

Yes or No?

No. More likely than not Adobe Premiere will be better for you.

Wicked, Thanks.

Posted: Nov 1, 2011 at 14:59 Quote
Does anybody know how to get the Darkened edges of the video effect in Sony Movie Studio HD 10 Platinum ???
Im not sure what you would call it, Focus effect maybe?

O+
Posted: Nov 1, 2011 at 15:27 Quote
bergamontridernz wrote:
Would this be good to get? I would be using it with a Gopro HD Hero 2.

Yes or No?
Depends. If you want to Use vegas then you will have to convert your footage because Vegas has loads of problems with H.264 codecs. But then you lose a fair bit of quality. Your best off just to use Adobe. I have almost no experience with Adobe but from what I hear its really good.

O+
Posted: Nov 1, 2011 at 15:29 Quote
conorscully wrote:
Does anybody know how to get the Darkened edges of the video effect in Sony Movie Studio HD 10 Platinum ???
Im not sure what you would call it, Focus effect maybe?
I`m not sure if that program has a vinegrette filter or not, but if it doesn`t then use cookie cutter, Pick the circle one then Pull the feather up all the way and adjust the size to what works.

Posted: Nov 1, 2011 at 20:52 Quote
my problem is that I have to convert all my clips to wmv so they can be used in movie maker, it's really time-consuming and lessens the quality of each clip. If I got sony vegas would it accept my video format? I think my camera uses mp4 but I'm not positive, it's a samsung video camera if that helps.

*edit: It says the format is mpeg-4, can I use that in sony vegas without having to take the time to convert it first?

Posted: Nov 1, 2011 at 21:16 Quote
alexshirley wrote:
my problem is that I have to convert all my clips to wmv so they can be used in movie maker, it's really time-consuming and lessens the quality of each clip. If I got sony vegas would it accept my video format? I think my camera uses mp4 but I'm not positive, it's a samsung video camera if that helps.

*edit: It says the format is mpeg-4, can I use that in sony vegas without having to take the time to convert it first?

Yes, it probably will work in Sony Vegas without having to convert it. Or most likely almost any other video editing (payware) out there.

Posted: Nov 1, 2011 at 23:44 Quote
alexshirley wrote:

You know sony has a trial download that is free for 30 days on all of their programs.

Point is that will help you determine whether you like the program or not or if it doesnt even read the footage.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017274
Mobile Version of Website