Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 10:42 Quote
photo
My old super fly

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 14:59 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
Damn that looks alllllright!

Thanks Dickhead!! It's been a hoot!!!

Posted: Jul 30, 2019 at 5:03 Quote
Ibis Ripley in XL. I'm running 10 speed since I have no use for a wider range. Smile
Tires will soon be replaced with Maxxis WT 2.4's.

photo

photo

photo

Sorry about the image size, "m" is tiny and "l" is huge. Can't find anything in between. Madder

Posted: Aug 9, 2019 at 16:44 Quote
Just built up this rigid Trek Superfly SS. Was a single speed but added full XT 1x11 to make it an every day shredder, from commuting to work, to local fire roads and gravel rides, to mellow single track. I have my Ibis Mojo 3 for when it's going to be a real mountain bike outing but needed something for daily use and more efficient on the road for when I don't want to drive my car to the trailhead. Super stoked on this thing so far.

photo

Posted: Aug 9, 2019 at 16:53 Quote
Black and purple Superfly SS buddies that modded it for gears!! Add a dropper and sus fork and unleash the beast!! Mine is up towards the top of the page.

Posted: Aug 9, 2019 at 18:34 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
Black and purple Superfly SS buddies that modded it for gears!! Add a dropper and sus fork and unleash the beast!! Mine is up towards the top of the page.

Your SS is definitely unrecognizable at this point! Interesting build, unique which I like.

And no sus fork for this guy, that's why I own a trail bike. This is set up for efficiency on pavement and gravel, and it also a commuter and 'round town bike.

O+
Posted: Aug 11, 2019 at 7:45 Quote
Here's my current ride, I just finished it up, have yet to really throw it around, but so far I'm REALLY digging the steel feel...rides so much nicer than my AL Honzo did.

Not a crazy build, but it should prove to be solid, ride-able & reliable:

2019 Honzo ST frame.
2018 Pike RCT3 fork @ 120mm (probably bumping this up to 130mm)
WTB Asym i35 rims.
DT Swiss 350 hubs.
Full SRAM GX Eagle drivetrain (though I'm currently running a NX Eagle cassette while I wait for the XD driver body for my hub, then I'll pop the GX cassette on).
SRAM DUB bottom bracket.
Kona 785 mm Bar & Kona stem
Kona Wah Wah 2 Composite pedals (best flats I've ridden yet).
Cane Creek Forty headset
Brand-X Ascend dropper post @ 120mm
WTB Volt saddle
Maxxis Minion DHF 2.5WT front
Maxxis Aggressor 2.3 rear
Shimano XT M8000 brakes
Shimano IceTech rotors 180mm front & rear

photo
photo

O+
Posted: Aug 11, 2019 at 10:20 Quote
Go 140 and thank me later. It’s a game changer on that bike...

Awesome Honzo! I miss mine.

O+
Posted: Aug 11, 2019 at 19:08 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:

Thanks I'm really digging it!

I wasn't sure how far I could push a Pike 120, I figured 130, but I think I'd like 140 even more!

I'm not exactly sure what parts need to be changed to do it yet (still doing research), it seems the 2018's are a fresh redesign (maybe the 2017's too?) and I haven't found any real info specific to this model year, but there is plenty of info for other years 2016 and earlier.

If anyone reading this can point me in the right direction, that would be really appreciated!

O+
Posted: Aug 11, 2019 at 22:12 Quote
BassistBiker wrote:
bkchef2000 wrote:

Thanks I'm really digging it!

I wasn't sure how far I could push a Pike 120, I figured 130, but I think I'd like 140 even more!

I'm not exactly sure what parts need to be changed to do it yet (still doing research), it seems the 2018's are a fresh redesign (maybe the 2017's too?) and I haven't found any real info specific to this model year, but there is plenty of info for other years 2016 and earlier.

If anyone reading this can point me in the right direction, that would be really appreciated!

It’s a simple airshaft change... buy the 140 airshaft and install

O+
Posted: Aug 13, 2019 at 6:37 Quote
BassistBiker wrote:
Here's my current ride, I just finished it up, have yet to really throw it around, but so far I'm REALLY digging the steel feel...rides so much nicer than my AL Honzo did.

Not a crazy build, but it should prove to be solid, ride-able & reliable:

2019 Honzo ST frame.
2018 Pike RCT3 fork @ 120mm (probably bumping this up to 130mm)
WTB Asym i35 rims.
DT Swiss 350 hubs.
Full SRAM GX Eagle drivetrain (though I'm currently running a NX Eagle cassette while I wait for the XD driver body for my hub, then I'll pop the GX cassette on).
SRAM DUB bottom bracket.
Kona 785 mm Bar & Kona stem
Kona Wah Wah 2 Composite pedals (best flats I've ridden yet).
Cane Creek Forty headset
Brand-X Ascend dropper post @ 120mm
WTB Volt saddle
Maxxis Minion DHF 2.5WT front
Maxxis Aggressor 2.3 rear
Shimano XT M8000 brakes
Shimano IceTech rotors 180mm front & rear

photo
photo

What size?? I've been thinking about the steel honzo but the Top Tube/Seat Tube starts to look a bit funky on the XL size that I would need.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022123
Mobile Version of Website