BEST of the BEST, Bike build

PB Forum :: Downhill
BEST of the BEST, Bike build
Previous Page |
Posted: Aug 16, 2012 at 16:18 Quote
Hi guys and gals..

Bought an Intense M9 Frame recently, looking to build up a top bike, any advice on brands and models of forks/brakes and wheel sets etc i should be looking at? All very important to get right, got some cash to spend don't want cheap shit this bike is going to last!!

Dan

Posted: Aug 17, 2012 at 2:33 Quote
You could go down the usual fox 40's/boxxer route , saint /sram XO , as for wheels Ex 823's ( or what ever they call them this year ) will last you ages.

Posted: Aug 17, 2012 at 4:51 Quote
you bought an Intense and you don't know what to put on it? Are you sure you have the right bike, or are you just showing off?

Posted: Aug 17, 2012 at 6:00 Quote
Hope Evo V2 with vented discs, and lots of other hope parts, because they are made in England, and I like to support our own in these times of financial uncertainty. Not to mention they make some awesome, blingy parts. Big Grin

Posted: Aug 17, 2012 at 7:13 Quote
Are you going for lightest or strongest, or a best of both worlds.

Posted: Aug 17, 2012 at 8:56 Quote
Saint brakes, Thompson stems & seatpost, Deemax Ultra wheels, Fox40 fork.

Posted: Aug 17, 2012 at 14:01 Quote
If you can't figure this out on your own you don't deserve it. Not because you need to be good at biking, if you can afford a sick bike good for you. But because this info is readily available and anyone truly interested in mountain bikes a) already has a good grasp on this info, and b) would be resourceful enough to find whatever info they don't already know.

The "best" parts aren't best for all riders, and they sure as hell don't last forever.

Posted: Aug 18, 2012 at 8:28 Quote
For those with the sarcastic comments I am not showing off and know what brands etc to go for and avoid. I am simPly asking others for advice as there are lots of different parts with different advantages and drawbacks. Thanks to those who helped on the subject Smile

Posted: Aug 18, 2012 at 8:32 Quote
the advantages and drawbacks are only relevant to you. Boxxers work well in the my area but maybe not so well in yours. heavy short arm cranks might not work for you but they suit me fine. brakes are all down to preference, theres no best, just what feels right.

the fact that you said you didnt want 'cheap shit' makes you an elitist tool. what is 'cheap shit' to you? anything that isnt top of the range? do you have thousands to spend? well do some f*cking research before you spend them.

this is why youre not getting much help, but sarcasm and indifference. youre a knobber.

Posted: Aug 18, 2012 at 9:58 Quote
I respond to stupid questions with sarcastic dickhead comments, sorry I'm not sorry. The internet is the most powerful research tool man kind has ever had and you are using it so horribly just because you're lazy.

Posted: Aug 18, 2012 at 12:35 Quote
querhoch wrote:
the advantages and drawbacks are only relevant to you. Boxxers work well in the my area but maybe not so well in yours. heavy short arm cranks might not work for you but they suit me fine. brakes are all down to preference, theres no best, just what feels right.

the fact that you said you didnt want 'cheap shit' makes you an elitist tool. what is 'cheap shit' to you? anything that isnt top of the range? do you have thousands to spend? well do some f*cking research before you spend them.

this is why youre not getting much help, but sarcasm and indifference. youre a knobber.

querhoch, your an idiot. sweet input

m9 deserves full fox suspension, full xo, anything from mavic for the rims

Posted: Aug 18, 2012 at 12:51 Quote
gclarida wrote:
querhoch wrote:

Why Fox if he wants lightest go Boxxer WC and if he wants the smoothest go Mazo 888 Ti, or even Bos. Also why go mavic when there are eastons, or if he really wants the best of the best as he says, enve's on chris kings. But like many others said he needs to do some of his own research.

Posted: Aug 18, 2012 at 12:54 Quote
rider1413 wrote:
gclarida wrote:
querhoch wrote:

Why Fox if he wants lightest go Boxxer WC and if he wants the smoothest go Mazo 888 Ti, or even Bos. Also why go mavic when there are eastons, or if he really wants the best of the best as he says, enve's on chris kings. But like many others said he needs to do some of his own research.

i guess you could go with boxxers if you wanted terrible damping and just OK performance. and you have to be joking if you think BOS or marz even comes close to comparing with fox. Have you ever actually rode real DH on a pair of 40s? its like sex.

Posted: Aug 18, 2012 at 12:58 Quote
gclarida wrote:
querhoch wrote:

Can't tell if serious....

Posted: Aug 20, 2012 at 12:24 Quote
S4-Gar wrote:
Hope Evo V2 with vented discs, and lots of other hope parts, because they are made in England, and I like to support our own in these times of financial uncertainty. Not to mention they make some awesome, blingy parts. Big Grin
Agreed! I ride the Hope Tech V2 Evo Special Edition with Titan Bolts on my SXT and a friend of mine also. We only ride Hope brakes. Never had problems with those brakes. Shimano is also a unproblematic brake i think. I would never would go for a Avid brake - i don't matters which. We (i work in a bike shop) got soo many reclaims from the brakes every week about 5 - 10.
I would totally put a Hope Brake on it!

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005320
Mobile Version of Website