What forks?

PB Forum :: Downhill
What forks?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 16, 2012 at 16:41 Quote
Manitou Dorado? - Dont see many sets around, are they a good bit of kit or over priced tripe?
Rock Shox 2013 world cup air? Very popular, must be decent?!

any other suggestions..

Posted: Aug 24, 2012 at 14:36 Quote
I know people who rose dorados and I have ridden the three other major forks. I run the 2013 40 now and am very pleased with it, it depends on budget and what level you are on really!

Posted: Aug 24, 2012 at 18:06 Quote
Can't go wrong with the Fox 40 Fit RC2, on your bike or your wallet!

Posted: Aug 24, 2012 at 18:47 Quote
40, as plush and stiff as it gets!
But a boxxer would be a good call too.
I would stay away from 888's or dorado's
They still use open bath damping and are super inconsistent.
Thay may feel good in the parking-lot, but once that oil gets cavitated, the damping becomes extremely inconsistent.
And no, moto forks aren't open bath unless they are super low end.
There's a reason half the marzocchi team ran FIT dampers. That is till marzocchi found out and made them go back.

Posted: Sep 3, 2012 at 1:44 Quote
z-man wrote:
Thay may feel good in the parking-lot, but once that oil gets cavitated, the damping becomes extremely inconsistent.
There's a reason half the marzocchi team ran FIT dampers. That is till marzocchi found out and made them go back.

are you serios?

the 40 is plush ? its sensitiv like a piece of wood.
boxxer is open bath and 888 too, but the dorado isnt a real open bath. you could say its semi open or something like that. í ride my mrd since the end of 2008. i have a second and 1 pro model. to compare i often ride 40´s t8 and boxxers. because this is my job. and nothing feels so plush and is so adjustable like the new dorado. go out in a bikepark and test a dorado before you write this. the pro model runs bether then the mrd and isnt so expensive

nice article from pb:

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/Manitou-Dorado--Review-2009.html

. At the end of it you can find all the faults you like, the reality is that this is the highest performing no-compromise DH fork available to consumers out of the box.

Posted: Sep 3, 2012 at 8:12 Quote
What's your budget ? Can't say without knowing how much you'd be ready to pay (and also if 2nd hand is fine with you, and finally, would you do the servicing yourself ?)

Posted: Sep 3, 2012 at 11:07 Quote
nineinchofhonkingtravel wrote:
z-man wrote:

are you serios?

boxxer is open bath and 888 too, but the dorado isnt a real open bath. you could say its semi open or something like that. í ride my mrd since the end of 2008. i have a second and 1 pro model. to compare i often ride 40´s t8 and boxxers. because this is my job. and nothing feels so plush and is so adjustable like the new dorado. go out in a bikepark and test a dorado before you write this. the pro model runs bether then the mrd and isnt so expensive

nice article from pb:

. At the end of it you can find all the faults you like, the reality is that this is the highest performing no-compromise DH fork available to consumers out of the box.

Dude man, you have no clue what you're talking about. Boxxers are closed systems, and my 40 is plusher and more sensitive then any other fork around, especially a dorado.

Posted: Sep 3, 2012 at 11:11 Quote

erm, i know someone who had one, and his new Idylle RaRe blows it out the water, in performance and stiffness

Posted: Sep 3, 2012 at 15:30 Quote
z-man wrote:
z-man wrote:

are you serios?

nice article from pb:

Dude man, you have no clue what you're talking about. Boxxers are closed systems, and my 40 is plusher and more sensitive then any other fork around, especially a dorado.

oh now i understand , you are joking or you have one of this miracle wonder super 40´s.... Wink i read something about them. Wink just joking too, i hope you understand that. i know that the boxxer isnt a closed system like 40s . its all in the stanchion. thats correct, you are right. but you will say the oil in a boxxer would not inconsistent? have you ever open one after 10m of riding ? then you would see many of funny bubbles in there. not so terrible like a triple 8 but the oil foam also. and i think the plushest forks are t8 and bos rare. i ride an prototyp mrd with ti spring. the air version is good too. but these conversation isnt here on the right place. someone would have an information what he should buy. cheers jerome

Posted: Sep 4, 2012 at 3:14 Quote
Not everyone can afford a 2k fork mate... Race team exclusive more or less.

Posted: Sep 4, 2012 at 3:30 Quote
jamesrusby wrote:

thats true. i think a boxxer team is a good start for serios dh. easy service and not so expensive. or maybe a second hand other fork.

not a special vid . its from 2009 or 10. but this is how my dorado runs. not bad for an air sprung fork :

Views: 689    Faves: 1    Comments: 2

Posted: Sep 4, 2012 at 3:58 Quote
jamesrusby wrote:

thats true. i think a boxxer team is a good start for serios dh. or maybe a second hand other fork.

I've seen a lot of 888 lovers over the past few weeks, everyone says that they are marzocchi back to their best and are really light- me I ride 40s kashima coated and love em, I tried boxxers and just couldn't gel with them and I think I gain a little bit more confidence with the 40s

As for the sensitivity of em, well they work fine for me and all the other riders I have see and chatted to about them over the years.

Posted: Sep 4, 2012 at 4:02 Quote
i have a fox 40 cashima fork here. fresh complete service .its a prototype with the old wc cartridge. 500€ cheers

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006809
Mobile Version of Website