Saracen Myst owners

PB Forum :: Downhill
Saracen Myst owners
Posted: Aug 21, 2012 at 10:31 Quote
Who gots one then? How is it riding? any issues?

Mine has developed a cracking noise under load. I thought it was the pedals but I changed them today and its still there. theres no dents or cracks in the frame and all the bolts are tight.

Posted: Aug 21, 2012 at 13:03 Quote
Maybe your bottom bracket is dead or there may be some dirt in it, this has happened to my bike before, also in the headset region, I tightened all my bolts assuming it was them but after cleaning the headset and bb the noise went away.

Posted: Aug 21, 2012 at 13:06 Quote
the bike is less than a month old, so its not that.

Posted: Aug 21, 2012 at 13:19 Quote
Hmm I have no idea then. It's a Real conundrum maybe the bolts are too tight somewhere?

FL
Posted: Aug 21, 2012 at 13:39 Quote
querhoch wrote:
Who gots one then? How is it riding? any issues?

Mine has developed a cracking noise under load. I thought it was the pedals but I changed them today and its still there. theres no dents or cracks in the frame and all the bolts are tight.

The bolts aren't over torqued are they mate this could be a potential cause

Posted: Aug 21, 2012 at 13:57 Quote
dont think so. I dont have a torque wrench but all the bolts have been slackened off a little then re-tightened over the day but it didnt help.

Posted: Aug 21, 2012 at 14:51 Quote
Try grease all bearings up

Posted: Aug 21, 2012 at 17:41 Quote
My friend had this creaking when he pedaled that sounded horrible.... can't remeber what it turned out to be but it was something to do with his cranks... new hardtail too. might want to check down there Smile

Posted: Aug 21, 2012 at 20:49 Quote
I would check to make sure the bb cups are both tight and adjusted correctly, that is usually the culprit on new bikes. Also check the chainring bolts.

Posted: Aug 25, 2012 at 9:17 Quote
If you have a Myst, check your headset ASAP.

mine started sticking today then made the most awful noise. when i had a look I couldnt believe what was in there. the cheapest piece of crap bearing race Ive seen this side of halfords. seriously, its SHIT. i wouldnt put it on a kids bike, let alone a supposed DH race machine. for £2,500 i want a sealed cup, not the crappiest piece of shit they could find.

the bike is less than one month old and its going back tomorrow to get a new headset, a proper headset fitted or i'll have my money back.

Posted: Aug 26, 2012 at 9:57 Quote
grease the crank splines, mine had the worst creaking and it wouldn't stop until I put a ton of grease on them

Posted: Aug 26, 2012 at 13:27 Quote
mine had a horrible CRACK at the lowest point of each pedal stroke. I removed and bathed them in grease and its stopped. im still pissed at how cheap that headset it.

Posted: Aug 27, 2012 at 9:18 Quote
Update.

Emailed Madison earlier and theyre gonna send me a new headset in the post asap. Thats the fastest turnaround Ive ever had from a bike company. Im well pleased.

Posted: Nov 11, 2012 at 12:12 Quote
Hi guys! Smile
can you tell me what size of the bike would be nicer for a rider that is 180cm/ 5'9" tall? M or L? Thx

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013670
Mobile Version of Website