Rate My Ride V2 [Read 1st Post]

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Rate My Ride V2 [Read 1st Post]
Posted: Jun 29, 2015 at 14:51 Quote
liamarcher wrote:
A black toploader would be a good start IMO

isn't spacers a top load and 10 rise bars too high. only reason am trying the front load polished animal stem.

O+
Posted: Jun 29, 2015 at 15:11 Quote
depends how tall you are, for street I run about two 3mm spacers, Eclat Mercury TL and 10 inch bars, I run 8.75s for dirt tho.

for me its still just the seat setup you got going on, specifically the seat imo, but I dont know.

OBVIOUSLY SPACERS ARE CARBON AYYYYYYYY

Edit: wrong thread Wink

Posted: Jun 29, 2015 at 15:16 Quote
Theeeeo wrote:
depends how tall you are, for street I run about two 3mm spacers, Eclat Mercury TL and 10 inch bars, I run 8.75s for dirt tho.

for me its still just the seat setup you got going on, specifically the seat imo, but I dont know.

OBVIOUSLY SPACERS ARE CARBON AYYYYYYYY

Edit: wrong thread Wink

fair. am 6.5'' only other seat i have is the stranger tomorrow seat. might sick that back on but its mainly red and green. seat height at the min is too high as well keeps getting hurt on my knee brace.

O+
Posted: Jun 29, 2015 at 15:35 Quote
heh, im 6ft4, like I said, my street setup feels perfect so give it a try and you might like it, and is it the Stranger Native?!?!? THAT SEAT IS THE BOOOOOOOOOOOOOMB I loved it man.

And having the seat too low is too high? I dont understand buddy xD

Posted: Jun 29, 2015 at 15:57 Quote
He said the stranger tomorrow not native

Posted: Jun 29, 2015 at 16:01 Quote
I figured I'd find out how tall I was the other day... 5 foot f*cking 5, man.

It f*cking sucks being short, but it's cool because/low bars, short frames and being able to get on buses for a half fair. Makes getting sold hard but like, beard.

Posted: Jun 29, 2015 at 19:15 Quote
bmxmacneil5432 wrote:
bmxmacneil5432 wrote:
photo

bad pic but rate plz only couple changes.
anyone ??

I rate it 7 lucky charm marshmallows out of 32 packs of cherry blasters

EDIT: because weed!

Posted: Jun 29, 2015 at 23:13 Quote
bluntosaurusrex wrote:
bmxmacneil5432 wrote:
bmxmacneil5432 wrote:
photo

bad pic but rate plz only couple changes.
anyone ??

I rate it 7 lucky charm marshmallows out of 32 packs of cherry blasters

EDIT: because weed!
You must be so f*cked up right now. *hearts*

O+
Posted: Jun 30, 2015 at 0:39 Quote
al9595 wrote:
He said the stranger tomorrow not native

I was tired! And Kieran, i've got a mate who enjoyed being in a similar situation to you, he had ID showing he was 18 but also had ID showing he was 16 for kids fares with just about everything xD I cant remember which one was real though..

Posted: Jun 30, 2015 at 2:17 Quote
I'll be at a shop buying fags and drink "yeah man I'm f*cking 18, lost my ID the other night"

Goes to get a bus "I'm 16, honest."

Posted: Jun 30, 2015 at 4:14 Quote
bmxmacneil5432 wrote:
liamarcher wrote:
A black toploader would be a good start IMO

isn't spacers a top load and 10 rise bars too high. only reason am trying the front load polished animal stem.

Top loaders are not the solution to everything.

Posted: Jun 30, 2015 at 8:12 Quote
Seems with that theory this forum is like:
Back problems? Top load.
Knee problems? Top load.
Bars too low? Top load.
Got a small dick? Top load.

Posted: Jun 30, 2015 at 9:14 Quote
Kieran-Young wrote:
Seems with that theory this forum is like:
Back problems? Top load.
Knee problems? Top load.
Bars too low? Top load.
Got a small dick? Top load.
No. Only certain posters. I will forever only rock a front load. But i did switch my bike up a lot. Gum tires and back to big fours. Feels great. Was slowly getting out of riding but this setup has made it all fresh again.

Posted: Jun 30, 2015 at 9:35 Quote
Front load is love. Front load is life.

Posted: Jun 30, 2015 at 10:19 Quote
FLs are easier to work around/on, IMHO they look better, in my personal experience they generally handle high speed better, especially if you like a bike that can corner (gets your CG lower so you can carve better), and they actually provide a more healthy, straighter back and arms riding position. If you find it uncomfortable you should probably work on flexibility/stretching. With the heights of bars these days, there's really no reason you can't run an FL.

Don't get me wrong, I like TL stems too, but I find it hard to get loose in the air with them since they're more stable, and ramps are awkward from the extra front end height causing most of the rider's weight to end up over the BB and less on the front.

And yes, this is my opinion.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019264
Mobile Version of Website