Mavic DeeMax spokes/rim problem

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Mavic DeeMax spokes/rim problem
Posted: Aug 28, 2012 at 9:07 Quote
rob-c wrote:
He's running the old Deemax, so he could just but an ex823 rim because they are not as expensive and he could just spray it yellow

sssshh Razz ive got some guy to make me some mavic deemax ultimate decals that im putting onto my current rims after i spray them yellow ahahaha,.......tadaah secret deemax's,......no one would ever know except you lot

google for nl designs and email him if you want some there £35.00 total including posting which well is worth it

heres the set he made for me got posted yesterday and will be here in about a week i can't wait Smile
oooosh my soon to arrive custom deemax sticker set

Posted: Aug 28, 2012 at 10:54 Quote
if the thread on the rim is gone theres no way of re threading it, i tryed a small threading tap on one of my old rims to see if it would but no luck as it just messed up even more, sounds liek a new rim mate

Posted: Aug 28, 2012 at 12:35 Quote
I AM ALLREADY SORRY I EVER BOUGHT MAVIC !!

sorry for the caps..

Posted: Aug 28, 2012 at 12:45 Quote
cyberhawk wrote:

sorry for the caps..

why? usually it is quite easy to get spareparts for mavic wheels and they hold up pretty well, at least mine did

Posted: Aug 28, 2012 at 12:46 Quote
cyberhawk wrote:

sorry for the caps..

Mavic are great rims , you just happened to buy the most pain in the arse one they make , when it comes to fixing/replacing that is.:P

Posted: Aug 28, 2012 at 13:15 Quote
huh, Im not sure what you could do. If all else fails I would buy another deemax wheel, and lace in my old hub.

sorry I couldnt be more helpful...

Posted: Aug 28, 2012 at 20:35 Quote
Lol counterfeit deemax decals for undercover wheels. a cop out, but kind of cool

Posted: Aug 29, 2012 at 0:59 Quote
elanto wrote:
rob-c wrote:
He's running the old Deemax, so he could just but an ex823 rim because they are not as expensive and he could just spray it yellow

sssshh Razz ive got some guy to make me some mavic deemax ultimate decals that im putting onto my current rims after i spray them yellow ahahaha,.......tadaah secret deemax's,......no one would ever know except you lot

google for nl designs and email him if you want some there £35.00 total including posting which well is worth it

heres the set he made for me got posted yesterday and will be here in about a week i can't wait Smile

Dude they are going to be pain in the arse to fit Razz

Posted: Aug 29, 2012 at 8:54 Quote
bigburd wrote:
elanto wrote:
rob-c wrote:

Dude they are going to be pain in the arse to fit Razz

haha ive done vinyl sticker laying before just patience is the trick if not you f*ck up major Razz
had my old rims chemical peeled buffed over with fine grit sand paper and sprayed yellow just waiting for these in the post now

got my rims ready to roll -

gunna clean the paint with pure alcohol wipes and apply the vinyl tempo get it all lined up and then put them on proper

im using a heat gun and wedge of plastic to flatten them and be sure theirs no air bubbles i have some photos of my rims before and during but i will get some before, during and after pics up when im done,.......there gunna be shweeeet Razz

Posted: Aug 29, 2012 at 10:18 Quote
My friend has two sets of dee max used if you are in a bind but shipping and paying without seeing them have to make sure bearings are good. also what about a heli coil what is smallest application?

Posted: Aug 29, 2012 at 10:25 Quote
wheeldrop wrote:
My friend has two sets of dee max used if you are in a bind but shipping and paying without seeing them have to make sure bearings are good. also what about a heli coil what is smallest application?

i think due to the 'pulling force' a helicoil might fail ive used one in a pedal thread but that no way near the wheel spoke tension area

Posted: Aug 30, 2012 at 3:17 Quote
I had a similar problem with a rear Crossmax-The trick is to lube the nipples BEFORE you start trying to true;the nipples are very delicate and want to crack in half when they are torqued without the corrosion that INEVITABLY seizes the nipple into the rim,being attended to first.The best way I found to remove the broken nipples is to drive a Torx bit into the remaining stud and then unscrew-if the threads are still intact you might be lucky.Re-tapping with an oversize or Ghetto fix is pretty much impossible due to the exacting angle,and the non-uniform nature of a traditional spoke versus zircal spoking.Send it to Mavic if you can afford it,they will do a top job,but if you can get the spares bear in mind that this is a really tricky repair.Good luck!

Posted: Aug 31, 2012 at 9:18 Quote
I'm sorry-make a photo of the offending rim?Or how to lube the nipple?Or the removing of the useless stud of old nipple?Be more specific and I'll do what I can!

Posted: Sep 2, 2012 at 16:04 Quote
Can you post the details of the guy that can make the decals up? After a replacement set. Cheers

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016585
Mobile Version of Website