Official Punk/Hardcore/Thrash/SkaPunk thread

PB Forum :: Movies, Music & Stars
Official Punk/Hardcore/Thrash/SkaPunk thread
Posted: Mar 29, 2017 at 17:53 Quote
bamfbmx wrote:
curtalcorn wrote:
Got midnight/obituary/kreator on friday. f*ckin pumped
my buddies just opened for them lol
f*ck yeah lol. I hope there's a couple openers for them. Gonna be killer either way

Posted: Mar 29, 2017 at 20:38 Quote
curtalcorn wrote:
bamfbmx wrote:
curtalcorn wrote:
Got midnight/obituary/kreator on friday. f*ckin pumped
f*ck yeah lol. I hope there's a couple openers for them. Gonna be killer either way
Sick, they're opening for nails and gatecreeper tomorrow to.

Posted: Mar 29, 2017 at 21:05 Quote
bamfbmx wrote:
curtalcorn wrote:
bamfbmx wrote:
Sick, they're opening for nails and gatecreeper tomorrow to.
photo

Posted: Mar 29, 2017 at 22:39 Quote
I guess it's tonight not even tomorrow haha

Posted: Apr 1, 2017 at 9:46 Quote
f*ck me, after waiting 10 years to see kreator (never really had a reason to not go to earlier shows, lack of friends to go with lol) they f*ckin killed it. Midnight blew me away, instantly got a sodom/venom vibe out of them. They put on a wicked performance, band was stage diving and shit, threw a guitar into the crowd lol. And surprisingly enough, 3 decades later and obituary still sounds exactly how their albums do. Good night was good.

Posted: Apr 3, 2017 at 12:40 Quote
curtalcorn wrote:
Just saw truck fighters. Holy f*ck. Swedes know hoe to put on a performance.
Hands down the best gig I've ever been to, saw them in Glasgow a couple of years back. Was effectively pressed up against dango most of the performance, desert cruiser heard from inside his guitar is intense.

Finally got myself to a ska gig earlier this week, was pretty good from what I remember. It's the end of term so I might have celebrated a little too much ahaha. Can't mind the name of them...
Also Single Mothers just came up on my spotify, why the f*ck have they been all my life?

Posted: Apr 4, 2017 at 15:05 Quote
jamieridesbikes wrote:
curtalcorn wrote:
Just saw truck fighters. Holy f*ck. Swedes know hoe to put on a performance.
Hands down the best gig I've ever been to, saw them in Glasgow a couple of years back. Was effectively pressed up against dango most of the performance, desert cruiser heard from inside his guitar is intense.

Finally got myself to a ska gig earlier this week, was pretty good from what I remember. It's the end of term so I might have celebrated a little too much ahaha. Can't mind the name of them...
Also Single Mothers just came up on my spotify, why the f*ck have they been all my life?

I saw a ska band (Bullbuckers) a few years back before I enjoyed dancing with not a care in the world. I wish I could go back and join those goons skanking up front instead of sitting with the parents...

Posted: Apr 25, 2017 at 0:42 Quote
DRI was f*cking awesome. 2.5 hour set. Opening acts were dece too. Etown beatdown put on a good show, some sort of hardcore dealio, not usually my cup of tea but they kicked ass, put on a good performance and the tunes had my full attention

Posted: Apr 25, 2017 at 0:52 Quote
Thanks for snapchatting me a bunch haha although it made me super jealous I was stoked hahaha. What albums did they mostly play?

Posted: Apr 25, 2017 at 2:56 Quote
curtalcorn wrote:
DRI was f*cking awesome. 2.5 hour set. Opening acts were dece too. Etown beatdown put on a good show, some sort of hardcore dealio, not usually my cup of tea but they kicked ass, put on a good performance and the tunes had my full attention

I've seen eTown Beatdown a number of times, always enjoy them. They're local for me. I missed my chance to see DRI when they played here in Edmonton on the weekend, but a number of my friends snagged tickets and I've been told it was phenomenal.

I did go to a kick ass fundraiser house show on Friday though, those are always fun!

Posted: Apr 25, 2017 at 7:25 Quote
Oh sick, didn't realize there were other alberta guys in here haha

Posted: Apr 25, 2017 at 7:43 Quote
bamfbmx wrote:
Thanks for snapchatting me a bunch haha although it made me super jealous I was stoked hahaha. What albums did they mostly play?
Everything but fsa lol syringes was the only song they did

Posted: Apr 25, 2017 at 10:45 Quote
curtalcorn wrote:
bamfbmx wrote:
Everything but fsa lol syringes was the only song they did

That's f*cked I love full speed ahead haha

Posted: Apr 25, 2017 at 11:33 Quote
I was slightly disappointed that they didn't play guilt trip lol, but syringes made up for it, so good

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015682
Mobile Version of Website