Official Punk/Hardcore/Thrash/SkaPunk thread

PB Forum :: Movies, Music & Stars
Official Punk/Hardcore/Thrash/SkaPunk thread
Posted: Apr 25, 2017 at 13:19 Quote
Turns out the bassist of one of the local hardcore bands is on his last semester of his masters in English literature and he's hoping to go on to get a PhD. This same guy was smashing beer bottles, spitting beer on the crowd, and hotboxing the basement last time I saw them. I just thought that was cool.

Posted: Apr 25, 2017 at 18:03 Quote
One of my buds that's played in a shit ton of bands but plays drums in a two piece powerviolence/grind band right now is a grade school teacher hahaha.

Posted: Apr 25, 2017 at 18:14 Quote
The lead singer from a band town kicked a meth addiction, that's as far as it goes for me lol

Posted: Apr 25, 2017 at 21:02 Quote
curtalcorn wrote:
The lead singer from a band town kicked a meth addiction, that's as far as it goes for me lol

That's on the other end of the spectrum but arguably more impressive. Good for him.

Posted: Apr 25, 2017 at 22:43 Quote
I went to University for Social Work, so there are educated Punks around. I've actually noticed there's more people with solid post secondary education in the Punk Rock scene than the broader population would expect.

And yes, I agree kicking a meth addiction is very impressive, glad to hear it.

Posted: Apr 28, 2017 at 20:07 Quote
Anyone check out the new municipal waste

Posted: Apr 28, 2017 at 20:14 Quote
Any of you hooligans listen to Homewrecker? Finally gave them a listen after a few months of my friend bugging me to, and they're pretty f*cking hard.

Posted: Apr 30, 2017 at 3:11 Quote
i'll drop a link to this goregrind project bandcamp i've been invited to record the drums for once we've recorded the one and only ep.

Posted: Apr 30, 2017 at 3:30 Quote
https://seizure2.bandcamp.com/album/s-t

Two of my besties made a little 2 piece side project. Not quite powerviolence and not quite grindcore but 100% pissed off. Can't wait till they get some more decent recordings.

Posted: Apr 30, 2017 at 7:34 Quote
well i dont know how to classify all of these 'core' genres. id say it sounds powerviolencey, a bit similar to spazz.

Posted: Apr 30, 2017 at 10:21 Quote
bamfbmx wrote:
https://seizure2.bandcamp.com/album/s-t

Two of my besties made a little 2 piece side project. Not quite powerviolence and not quite grindcore but 100% pissed off. Can't wait till they get some more decent recordings.

And it's at a price you can't beat! Sick shit though. Definitely pissed off for sure.

Posted: May 2, 2017 at 20:09 Quote
i havent listened to homewrecker in a while but theyre not too bad. And kenaula i dig that

Posted: May 2, 2017 at 20:59 Quote
Ya'll best be cranking slayer today

Posted: May 2, 2017 at 21:57 Quote
you bet your ass i was earlier

Posted: May 2, 2017 at 22:15 Quote
I was working all day. Rip.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011652
Mobile Version of Website