Official Punk/Hardcore/Thrash/SkaPunk thread

PB Forum :: Movies, Music & Stars
Official Punk/Hardcore/Thrash/SkaPunk thread
Posted: Jun 15, 2017 at 1:35 Quote
Yea I definitely love the DIY attitude, keep it up. I gave your music a listen and I enjoy it!

As for the ska band, we're meeting tomorrow night to jam. We've got a guitar(myself), bass, drums, and vocals. Still looking for a horn, although I did play trombone in high school. We'll be trying our hands at a cover of "Beer" by Reel Big Fish.

Posted: Jun 15, 2017 at 7:20 Quote
lettusdude wrote:
Yea I definitely love the DIY attitude, keep it up. I gave your music a listen and I enjoy it!

As for the ska band, we're meeting tomorrow night to jam. We've got a guitar(myself), bass, drums, and vocals. Still looking for a horn, although I did play trombone in high school. We'll be trying our hands at a cover of "Beer" by Reel Big Fish.

Rad! I hope the jam goes well. It's always a crap shoot when you play with people for the first time. I've had my fair share of let downs, that's for sure! Had a guy show up once to play drums and he had no shoes on, which I thought was odd. Then he busted his knuckle on my snare drum and bled all over my kit. He had to go!

Thanks for listening to the record, I'm glad you liked it!

Posted: Jun 15, 2017 at 7:22 Quote
piman wrote:
Some kids wanted me to play trombone in a ska band back in high school. Nothing ever came of it though. I should listen to some more ska again.

Everyone should listen to more Ska, especially the classic stuff from the late 60's - early 70's. That stuff is great!

Posted: Jun 15, 2017 at 22:44 Quote
Well that jam went really well!! Drummer sadly couldn't make it, but we did come up with a name(Checkered Past) and wrote a song. I'm stoked.

Posted: Jun 15, 2017 at 23:49 Quote
Municipal waste, adolescents, gwar, knocked loose, strung out, gold finger, and cky tomorrow. So excited lol

Posted: Jun 16, 2017 at 4:14 Quote
lettusdude wrote:
Well that jam went really well!! Drummer sadly couldn't make it, but we did come up with a name(Checkered Past) and wrote a song. I'm stoked.

Hell yeah! Too bad about the drummer but still awesome. The name is cool too.

Posted: Jun 16, 2017 at 9:31 Quote
bamfbmx wrote:
Municipal waste, adolescents, gwar, knocked loose, strung out, gold finger, and cky tomorrow. So excited lol

My buddy told me that Knocked Loose is gonna be sick. I should try showing my brother all the hard shit at Warped Tour and convince him to come with me.

Posted: Jun 24, 2017 at 7:12 Quote
My friend asked me if I want to try bass in a little crossover thrash project he wants to start. I've only ever dicked around on my brother's bass a handful of times before, but I'm actually stoked to play with people anyway!

Posted: Jun 24, 2017 at 15:53 Quote
piman wrote:
My friend asked me if I want to try bass in a little crossover thrash project he wants to start. I've only ever dicked around on my brother's bass a handful of times before, but I'm actually stoked to play with people anyway!

That's awesome man! Go for it!

Posted: Jul 6, 2017 at 21:56 Quote
Not really the kind of music this thread is for lol I personally don't really care for them haha.

Posted: Jul 6, 2017 at 22:01 Quote
to get it back on topic. these guys kick ass.

Posted: Jul 6, 2017 at 22:03 Quote
Speedwolf is such a sick name and they sound dope to haha.

Posted: Jul 6, 2017 at 22:18 Quote
never thought i'd hear a melvins cover of a venom song, but it's so f*ckin good lol
to continue with the flavor because classic black spawned from punk and helped shape thrash and i really just don't give a shit lol
^^^all time favorite

Posted: Jul 7, 2017 at 0:56 Quote
I go into this bar/restaurant my best friend works at all the time and there's a juke box but most all metal and punk and stuff is blocked because it's a family restaurant but there's random bands I've found that aren't and melvins is one of them along with coc, op ivy, fidlar, and I keep finding more and putting them on. Just old people and parents face expressions when they play is hilarious.

Posted: Jul 10, 2017 at 6:34 Quote
Saw one of my favorite local bands last night again. I think this was the fifth time I have seen them. It was a lotta fun as usual. I also can't wait for Warped Tour next week. Been listening to a lot of Knocked Loose and getting myself stoked to see them.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013566
Mobile Version of Website