[STOLEN BIKES] Post Your Stolen Bike Ad Here (U.S.A/Canada/South America Only)

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
[STOLEN BIKES] Post Your Stolen Bike Ad Here (U.S.A/Canada/South America Only)
Posted: May 20, 2020 at 11:48 Quote
Stolen Bike In Denton, Texas

2013 Evil 26'' - was last seen on the 17th or 18th. Bike was secured with a Kryptonite chain lock, lock was picked through. Only difference from the picture is that it has cyan grips.

photo

Posted: May 20, 2020 at 12:14 Quote
Stolen Bike Stories…

Just to start off, Im pretty lucky. I have had two bikes stolen. Both times, I was either out of work, or on partial leave. For some stroke of luck… I got my bikes back! I know this is not typical. Im sorry. If you have had you bike stolen…., this sucks. If you are on pink bike; you probably spend a large part of your income feeding your mounting biking habit. I feel for you. You will get though this.

My First story...

7:30 am - Thursday morning, kids are getting dropped off at a near by school. Im unemployed, put my carbon Transition Covert on my bike rack, in my driveway, at my house. Went inside to grab my phone; texted my riding buddy - Im on the way! Went out to the car, poof the bike is gone. That’s odd, I thought. Did I drink too much last night and remember a different day? No my bike was gone. I thought, if I stole a bike, I’d ride down hill to make a fast get away. I got on my road bike thinking, I can catch them. In under 2 minutes, I found it. Yes. I went down my hill, 3 blocks south; saw my bike in an RV who was “camping” in the neighborhood. The door was open, I went inside got my bike - when a dude emerged from the car parked behind the RV and said “Thats My Bike” … Lets just say, I lost it. It got physical and I took it back. I was super scared because I had already called the cops and they were on the way - and I just entered “technically” a “home”, and assaulted someone. Well, my advise - don’t let you emotions get to you. Have a friend, and phone on video record, wait for the cops, etc. Be prepared to let it go. Let them hit you, you’re a mountain biker and hit the dirt all the time; keep that mind set unless weapons appear. That was my take away from that.

Secondi…

Stupidly, Left my bike in my new apartment complex “bike locker room”. It rained the day I wanted to ride, so, I thought, it will be okay for a few days. When it was sunny again, I went down to get my bike; and poof my baby was gone. I am a pretty emotional person and this killed me. I was wild with rage. I literally went on a hunting spree. I spent Thursday night walking around in carbon fiber knuckle gloves; a taser and baseball bat looking for it. My personal effort we're futile… Remember this.

I posted a picture of two guys walking off with my bike from the building security cameras. I cant describe what I felt when all by biking friends reached out to me with condolences and support. Reach out to people, it will help you. Anyhow, I woke up late the next day, worked from home, bla, bla, blaaah, did some zoom meeting with work - what’s left of it since Covid19 days - got texts out from friends; “dude - someone saw your bike”. They posted something from a local facebook bike group. The post was less than 10 minutes old. It has a description of “definitely my bike” and a location. I was there in 10 minutes shaking my bat around at these 4 guys who were trying to fix my bike (Lol) didn’t shift because the clutch was “off” - I called the cops, describing the guy who had my bike. At this point … this group guys kinda lost interest, and walked away. Some neighbors approached me and said; hey those guys are kinda sketchy, we saw what went down, and thanked me for calling the cops - who called me back saying sorry, we couldn’t dispatch within 15 minutes…. Arg! Oh well, let this all go, I got my bike back.

What is super funny - they swapped out my race seat with a leather Brooks Road bike seat; and did an awesome job cleaning the bike! I had put on all the stupid tech stickers; like; Redis; Java; C#; I love Code, GitHub octopus - etc, My bike was cleaner that it was before it was stolen - crazy - eh?

Ideas and Preparation…

Don’t trust locked “bike lockers”. Lock your helmet to your bike, if you need to - I commute to work and had my helmet & gloves & water bottle stolen off my commuter bike. I see people leaving their fancy Lupine bike lights, thinking - are you nuts. And then, re-thinking my own stupidity.

If you live in a city, or have access to a community blog for stolen items - and you have a fancy bike - get to know that group. I joined Seattle Stolen Bike facebook group recently, and see patterns of theft. Be active in posting - Craig (who posted seeing my bike) saved my life in a hard time during this economic / pandemic downturn in our society; I cant thank you enough. If you see something stupid like a dude with dirty cloths riding a carbon road bike with time pedals - do what you can to post it somewhere relevant, I cant thank Chris enough for “see something, say something”.

Keep a hard copy print out and easy to find PDF bio of your bike(s) like 10 printed copies available. I did this with my last dog who was a Husky, and would frequently run off. Your fancy mountain bike could just walk off too, so, just print them out now. Being able to hand one to a cop, apartment manager, friends, is essential. I think if you sunk over 3K on a bike, print out a bio. I did it for my kid, my house, my cars - just do it. Here is why: If you bought fancy light-bike 12X weave rims; that may be a line item on the insurance claim. If you bought a 400/488 progressive spring, once again, a line item. If they saw’ed the lock-off - keep that, another line item. Keeping a folder - for each bike - you have ever owned - do it meticulously. Even if you sell the bike, copy it and give it to its new owner.

Engage friends, use social media. This got my bike back. If it was not for Justin and John texting and messaging me. I would not have gotten #2 back. Maybe slip the newspaper deliver gut a $100 reward. Trash company picks up at 5am, ask them. Understand what goes on around your residence. Get a cheap camera and record the 2->5am mayhem, before you move into a new place; or even at your current residence. Keep hard copies of anything odd. Join a neighborhood watch; do it before your bike gets stolen.

Insurance. I wanted to slit my wrists when I heard There was a $1000 cap on bikes from my renters insurance. I read the “white paper” which showed a max-payout; but never really saw the fine print. Make sure - if you have renters, you claim your valuable bikes. You might pay a bit more; or you might choose a different renters insurance provider. Be prepared to give them any receipts.

I saw someones post about putting a bunch of laminated cards into the frame with your bio on it. Some one said on the BB, but I think inside the handle bars or inside the sealer tube is a good idea. Heck, do it all. Use an acrylic pen to write your name on the inside of the frame. There are companies that ID bikes like dogs RFID chips, or even UV stickers. Just do any of these. Tracking devices are getting pretty small these days.

Conclusion…

Loosing you bike sucks. I made it though this with the help of friends, which in these times are the most important thing you can have. I miss them deeply (Covid-19), our stupid crazy apes parties, where Im sure I make a fool of myself. I miss you all HLC, I hope we ride again soon. Thanks for your help - HLC! Also, read up on how bike thieves do their craft. The thieves took my lock as well which makes me think they had a set of master lock keys. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJxcpht4zKw

Posted: May 25, 2020 at 15:16 Quote
I had a 2019 Transition Patrol GX XL in TR blue stolen from Lakewood, CO. on May 16, 2020. It had Garmin speed (rear hub) and cadence (left crank arm) sensors. A week old set of Crank Brothers Mallet E LS clipless pedals in blue and black. Serial # TBC3419151
If you see this bike for sale anywhere please email me @ scorpiusfly@gmail.com
I appreciate the community of bikers.

Thank you,
Ray

Posted: Jun 3, 2020 at 7:54 Quote
Bike Stolen in Austin Reward Offered For Return
[PI=18802579]Bike Stolen in Austin

Stolen in Austin. I will give generous reward for return.

Posted: Jun 10, 2020 at 13:21 Quote
Oakland, California USA - Someone broke into my garage and stole my 2017 Stache Carbon 9.6 and 2017 Diamondback Haanjo Carbon Comp bikes last night in Oakland CA. If you see them please let me know.

The Stache did not have the seat bag or frame bag but it did have the camo top tube bag (full of tools) and also the fork mounting brackets.

The Haanjo just had a little underseat Jandd bag with spare tire and tools.

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Jun 12, 2020 at 12:14 Quote
San Jose, CA. Garage break-in at 1am Sunday June 7

Basic Description:
Orange Ibis Ripley LS full suspension mountain bike size Large with Fox Factory fork and rear shock

Unique details:
This bicycle was custom built with a combination of parts and wear marks that will not be found on a similar bike. Among the unique identifying features:
• Orange anodized Wolf Tooth brand headset spacers above and below the stem
• Missing end caps on the handlebars
• Stans Arch Wheelset with Speed Tuned Hubs – not a common combination
• Boost spacers on rear wheel – look for a spacer between rear brake rotor and hub
• Significant rub marks from shoes on both crank arms
• SDG-branded Dropper lever with KS-branded seatpost – mismatched brands
• Garmin out-in-front mount to the left of the stem
• Gold-colored bottom bracket cups with a few marks on the left side from the tool slipping during installation
• WTB Breakout (Front) and WTB Riddler (Rear) tires – these are not common
• Green anodized Spank Brand flat pedals
• Wolf Tooth red rebound knob on rear shock – not common
• Gear ratio: 32T chainring with 11-42 11-speed cassette
• All Shimano XT drivetrain and brake components

Fuzzy top photo is most recent. Screen shot from my video feed after the last ride. In anyone sees this bike, let me know.

Thanks!
Gary

photo
photo
photo

Posted: Jun 13, 2020 at 19:05 Quote
6/13 someone broke into my garage and stole my brand new mint green Specialized 4.0 Como electric bike. Person was a pro- small hole in garage, used tool to pull it open and hand saw on the bike lock (bike was locked to our water pipe). It had a kids seat on it.

We’re in San Francisco but I’m sure they will bring it out of town to sell it. Please help!!!

Tanis (415)715-7946

Posted: Jun 13, 2020 at 20:53 Quote
Helping my friend out from the post above. This is her Specialized Como 4.0
photo

Posted: Jun 29, 2020 at 13:57 Quote
STOLEN Specialized Enduro FSR 29 Medium Frame black

Stolen June 24 from Kitsilano Beach in Vancouver BC

photo

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2020 at 10:58 Quote
Stolen
Sandy, Utah
2019 bright blue Bronson

Posted: Jul 14, 2020 at 15:09 Quote
There's a guy in the PNW trying to identify this frame on Bicycles Stack Exchange

Apparently he got it in a storage locker auction.

photo

https://bicycles.stackexchange.com/questions/69593/can-someone-help-me-identify-this-bike-frame

Posted: Jul 14, 2020 at 17:29 Quote
KiwiXC wrote:
There's a guy in the PNW trying to identify this frame on Bicycles Stack Exchange

photo

https://bicycles.stackexchange.com/questions/69593/can-someone-help-me-identify-this-bike-frame

Looks like a Norco sight

Posted: Jul 15, 2020 at 8:08 Quote
cyberoptixs wrote:
KiwiXC wrote:

Looks like a Norco sight

It's a women's (why are we still doing that) 2018 Norco Sight C2. So if anyone's missing it jump on Bicycle Stack Exchange and hit the guy up before he repaints and sells it.

It sounds like there were a few bikes in the locker too!

Posted: Jul 22, 2020 at 19:07 Quote
Stolen: My TREK grey/black/pink hybrid bike was stolen from my garage yesterday morning.

photo

It's a women's bike, small pink coloring on the handlebar. I once fell from my bike, and the right side brake on the handlebar is broken.

Please notify me if you happen to see my bike anywhere.

O+
Posted: Aug 6, 2020 at 13:11 Quote
STOLEN FROM SEATTLE AREA ON 8/6/2020

2015 YT Capra (Cam Zinks old frame!!!) in Seattle area

Black with Blue/Green accents

Shimano XTR Groupset

Saint Brakes

Wolftooth dropper post

Please contact if seen. (206) 719-0523

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023072
Mobile Version of Website