Beautiful bikes Sean! tup

Today in PINKBIKE TECH:
THAT Was a Bike: 1991 GT Xizang LE

1991 GT Xizang

Posted: Mar 5, 2014 at 4:41 Quote
90 s GT Zaskar rebuild and disc mod.
Gt zaskar
Original 90 s GT Zaskar rebuild
Original 90 s GT Zaskar rebuild an disc fit ment.
90 s GT Zaskar

Early 90's GT Zaskar LE Competition series non evasive disc modification and 9spd conversion. now has original blue and yellow stickers and all oem parts in a box Wink and that blue frame looks outstanding !!

Posted: Mar 5, 2014 at 5:32 Quote
my old mountain cycle sin sadly now in anothers arms and a shot of my rebuilt bullit
bullit rebuild
Frown
Mountain cycle sin
Mountain cycle sin
[PI= size=l0 align=c][/PI][PI= size=l0 align=c][/PI]
Mountain cycle sin

Posted: Mar 5, 2014 at 6:35 Quote
]
Original 1995 owners manual and warrenty paid 2400 NZ 2000 us 1200 Back in 1995. And it was unsuspended
Original not so soft front end the cannondale p bone. soon made way for state of the art mag 21s lol
my one owner never ridden in the rain cannondale killer v 500 and original warrenty book and what passed for a front end in those days Wink will put up much better photos when daylight arrives here.
Also have a fox 32 set up for this also running hope evo 2 and mavic 729 for strength rather than weight.
photo

Posted: Mar 5, 2014 at 6:50 Quote
Noooooo get those modern parts off em!!! Wink

Posted: Mar 5, 2014 at 6:55 Quote
sean-s-1991 wrote:

Have no fear all can be returned to original coda factory spec I just still use the v for urban attack Wink

Posted: Mar 5, 2014 at 10:32 Quote
jaron-g1 wrote:
sean-s-1991 wrote:

Have no fear all can be returned to original coda factory spec I just still use the v for urban attack Wink

You should make the zaskar a period build Big Grin

Posted: Mar 5, 2014 at 10:48 Quote
Yeah the thought has crossed my mind I have all the stx stuff and bars stem etc. even still got original centre pulls Smile

Posted: Mar 5, 2014 at 13:08 Quote
jaron-g1 wrote:
Yeah the thought has crossed my mind I have all the stx stuff and bars stem etc. even still got original centre pulls Smile

Would of been xt originally. If its a zaskar le then xtr conponents. The le was also available as a frame only i think

Posted: Mar 5, 2014 at 13:40 Quote
Oh ok that may explain it then I got it as a box of bits all pretty mint tho mostly stx rc stuff never had one of these back then but it's a quick lil ride that's for sure. Had my trusty cannondale which I did everything on Wink still got the big forks too ! I fitted these after a big off and mag 21s self destructed in a blood covered mess ! Ps that's a cat hair not a scratch Wink
Bullet zzyx I ran these after snapping my mag 21s still work ok and like anything if you look after it and it s a quality unit it lasts

Posted: Mar 9, 2014 at 7:54 Quote
heres my zaskar. its a 1994 model, made in late 1993

1993 4 GT Zaskar with 1992 Graphics

O+
Posted: Mar 9, 2014 at 8:50 Quote
jaron-g1 wrote:
Oh ok that may explain it then I got it as a box of bits all pretty mint tho mostly stx rc stuff never had one of these back then but it's a quick lil ride that's for sure. Had my trusty cannondale which I did everything on Wink still got the big forks too ! I fitted these after a big off and mag 21s self destructed in a blood covered mess ! Ps that's a cat hair not a scratch Wink
Bullet zzyx I ran these after snapping my mag 21s still work ok and like anything if you look after it and it s a quality unit it lasts

Zzzyzzzx fork! I wanted one of those for the longest time that or the rat stigma.

Posted: Mar 9, 2014 at 9:56 Quote
My brand new never used 1990 Marin Palisades trail with full LX components. Got it for $65.

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.029977
Mobile Version of Website