Rad retro MTB stuff [MTB of any discipline]

PB Forum :: Vintage and Fixed Gear Bikes
Rad retro MTB stuff [MTB of any discipline]
Author Message
Posted: Feb 20, 2014 at 7:49 Quote
sean-s-1991 wrote:
drakche wrote:
sean-s-1991 wrote:
an updated picture of my 1994 GT Zaskar Turquoise

1994 GT Zaskar Aqua

Damn it man! THis is so beautifull!

Thanks! ive got a silver one on its way to me as well

sean

Is that the factory color?

Posted: Feb 20, 2014 at 7:51 Quote
drakche wrote:
sean-s-1991 wrote:
drakche wrote:


Damn it man! THis is so beautifull!

Thanks! ive got a silver one on its way to me as well

sean

Is that the factory color?

Yeah aqua was limited edition in 1993 and 1994. Frames had new graphics though

Lots of pics of this bike on my album Smile

Sean

Posted: Feb 26, 2014 at 8:14 Quote
sean-s-1991 wrote:
drakche wrote:
sean-s-1991 wrote:


Thanks! ive got a silver one on its way to me as well

sean

Is that the factory color?

Yeah aqua was limited edition in 1993 and 1994. Frames had new graphics though

Lots of pics of this bike on my album Smile

Sean

Beautiful bikes Sean! tup

Today in PINKBIKE TECH:
THAT Was a Bike: 1991 GT Xizang LE

1991 GT Xizang

Posted: Mar 5, 2014 at 4:41 Quote
90 s GT Zaskar rebuild and disc mod.
Gt zaskar
Original 90 s GT Zaskar rebuild
Original 90 s GT Zaskar rebuild an disc fit ment.
90 s GT Zaskar


Early 90's GT Zaskar LE Competition series non evasive disc modification and 9spd conversion. now has original blue and yellow stickers and all oem parts in a box Wink and that blue frame looks outstanding !!

Posted: Mar 5, 2014 at 5:32 Quote
my old mountain cycle sin sadly now in anothers arms and a shot of my rebuilt bullit
bullit rebuild
Frown
Mountain cycle sin
Mountain cycle sin
[PI= size=l0 align=c][/PI][PI= size=l0 align=c][/PI]
Mountain cycle sin

Posted: Mar 5, 2014 at 6:35 Quote
]
Original 1995 owners manual and warrenty paid 2400 NZ 2000 us 1200 Back in 1995. And it was unsuspended
Original not so soft front end the cannondale p bone. soon made way for state of the art mag 21s lol
my one owner never ridden in the rain cannondale killer v 500 and original warrenty book and what passed for a front end in those days Wink will put up much better photos when daylight arrives here.
Also have a fox 32 set up for this also running hope evo 2 and mavic 729 for strength rather than weight.

Posted: Mar 5, 2014 at 6:50 Quote
Noooooo get those modern parts off em!!! Wink

Posted: Mar 5, 2014 at 6:55 Quote
sean-s-1991 wrote:
Noooooo get those modern parts off em!!! Wink

Have no fear all can be returned to original coda factory spec I just still use the v for urban attack Wink

Posted: Mar 5, 2014 at 10:32 Quote
jaron-g1 wrote:
sean-s-1991 wrote:
Noooooo get those modern parts off em!!! Wink

Have no fear all can be returned to original coda factory spec I just still use the v for urban attack Wink

You should make the zaskar a period build Big Grin

Posted: Mar 5, 2014 at 10:48 Quote
Yeah the thought has crossed my mind I have all the stx stuff and bars stem etc. even still got original centre pulls Smile

Posted: Mar 5, 2014 at 13:08 Quote
jaron-g1 wrote:
Yeah the thought has crossed my mind I have all the stx stuff and bars stem etc. even still got original centre pulls Smile

Would of been xt originally. If its a zaskar le then xtr conponents. The le was also available as a frame only i think

Posted: Mar 5, 2014 at 13:40 Quote
Oh ok that may explain it then I got it as a box of bits all pretty mint tho mostly stx rc stuff never had one of these back then but it's a quick lil ride that's for sure. Had my trusty cannondale which I did everything on Wink still got the big forks too ! I fitted these after a big off and mag 21s self destructed in a blood covered mess ! Ps that's a cat hair not a scratch Wink
Bullet zzyx I ran these after snapping my mag 21s still work ok and like anything if you look after it and it s a quality unit it lasts

Posted: Mar 9, 2014 at 7:54 Quote
heres my zaskar. its a 1994 model, made in late 1993

1993 4 GT Zaskar with 1992 Graphics

Posted: Mar 9, 2014 at 8:50 Quote
jaron-g1 wrote:
Oh ok that may explain it then I got it as a box of bits all pretty mint tho mostly stx rc stuff never had one of these back then but it's a quick lil ride that's for sure. Had my trusty cannondale which I did everything on Wink still got the big forks too ! I fitted these after a big off and mag 21s self destructed in a blood covered mess ! Ps that's a cat hair not a scratch Wink
Bullet zzyx I ran these after snapping my mag 21s still work ok and like anything if you look after it and it s a quality unit it lasts

Zzzyzzzx fork! I wanted one of those for the longest time that or the rat stigma.

Posted: Mar 9, 2014 at 9:56 Quote
My brand new never used 1990 Marin Palisades trail with full LX components. Got it for $65.



 
Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017473
Mobile Version of Website