Rad retro MTB stuff [MTB of any discipline]

PB Forum :: Vintage and Fixed Gear Bikes
Rad retro MTB stuff [MTB of any discipline]
Posted: Dec 27, 2015 at 22:01 Quote
That must be the highest bb in mtb history..

Posted: Dec 30, 2015 at 8:31 Quote
https://ep1.pinkbike.org/p3pb13011829/p3pb13011829.jpg 1996

Posted: Dec 30, 2015 at 8:56 Quote
Kelparkers bike:

old school

Posted: Jan 13, 2016 at 18:17 Quote
1982 Bling:

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/r490/tDuctape/DSC_0142_zpsb6wtrlwm.jpg

Posted: Jan 12, 2017 at 9:13 Quote
1988 called, they want their Off-Road Toad back. Can't have it, suck it '88!

1988 Off Road Toad

Posted: Feb 18, 2017 at 11:11 Quote
Off road toad, nice! Two tone...next level.

Posted: Mar 10, 2017 at 5:10 Quote
Shiny-side-up wrote:
Building this between other projects at the moment..

1999 Rockshox Boxxer 151

Giant ATX with Romic Twintube RaceFace North Shore ISIS Adventure Components guide amp VP SPD

Avid Rollamajig on the Giant ATX build

Giant ATX build.

Hope Bigun on X-Lite Phatso rim with Rockshox Boxxer 151

Still cleaning this up and removing previous owners MBUK stickers

Oh... and this >>

Yeti DH9 Lawwil

The forks on both bikes are new old stock, never used.

wow, rad old Giant!

Posted: Jun 22, 2017 at 5:25 Quote
Lost job in Feb, sold 2016 Specialized Camber Carbon Comp a week ago. It was the bike I was going to keep, but bills stacking high with two daughters in private school. New bike had to go.
Frown

A buddy gave me his old 2002 Trek, better to have a ride than not have a ride.

$60 in new parts and spare parts I had, doesn't ride to bad, much better than it was. It's not going to do advanced trails, but it gets me on a bike.

New parts: handlebars, brake and shift levers, tires.

Spare parts: seat, grips, peddles, bottle holder.

Forgot to take a before pic, but it sort of looked like this one. It had big ugly dial grip shifters. The handlebars were suicidal. Short and extreme back and upsweep. Not to mention 50mm rise.

Posted: Jun 22, 2017 at 5:43 Quote
my 1991 Kirk Revolution, mostly original parts fully restored and now my runaround bike
My latest project completed. Kirk Magnesium from about 1993. Either original parts or of the same era. Very pleased with it.

Posted: Jun 23, 2017 at 2:32 Quote
Recently bought this 1983 Specialized Rockhopper for £35!

The plan is to put dirt drops on it and fat slick tyres for some gnarmac/ touring/ rando fun!

Posted: Sep 21, 2017 at 18:41 Quote
thedad71 wrote:
my 1991 Kirk Revolution, mostly original parts fully restored and now my runaround bike
My latest project completed. Kirk Magnesium from about 1993. Either original parts or of the same era. Very pleased with it.

this thing is way too cool

Posted: Dec 10, 2017 at 11:02 Quote
1994 Stumpjumper. No rust, previous owner used Fluid Film on it. A number of scratches, but no dings.

Built it up using the drivetrain and wheels from the Bridgestone I used to have. Brakes came from my townie. Stem is a loaner from a buddy.

Shifters are Suntour XC Pro and the rear one is supposed to not work with that derailleur. To make it work I removed the stud bolt, replaced it with a regular M5 bolt and used one of those concave V-brake spacers to change the ratio. Works a treat.

On One Fleegle

Sun 0 XC

Onza Ibex 26x2.25

Dura Ace 7402 CS-HG70 and XTRQR

Ritchey Logic crank XT front derailleur and XT pedals

Titec stem

cockpit

nice detail work on that decal

front brake Avid SD Ti with Kool Stop brake shoes

Views: 44    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

More pictures in the album.

Posted: Mar 3, 2018 at 9:08 Quote
gjp89 wrote:
1990 Offroad Master with WORKING FLEXSTEM. You could say this very bike was the predecessor to the current suspension bike. It was built around the stem which has a dampening system in it and allows the handlebars to absorb about an inch of travel. Offroad became PROFLEX in 1991 and started leading the way in suspension bikes for a very short while . The bike has the full Deore LX drivetrain and everything is completely original Sealed bearings cromo frame flexstem... This bike was the turnaround point for suspension mountain bikes and I have yet to see another complete original bike on the web.

Just picked this up yesterday! Spent the whole day overhauling/restoring it and managed to take 1 photo before my camera died.

1990 Offroad Master with WORKING FLEXSTEM. You could say this very bike was the predecessor to the current suspension bike. It was built around the stem which has a dampening system in it and allows the handlebars to absorb about an inch of travel. Offroad became PROFLEX in 1991 and started leading the way in suspension bikes (for a very short while). The bike has the full Deore LX drivetrain and everything is completely original! Sealed bearings, cromo frame, flexstem... This bike was the turnaround point for suspension mountain bikes and I have yet to see another complete/original bike on the web.

(will upload better/more pics of closeups when the sun comes out)
Enjoy!

Hi do you still have your Off-road Master, if so would you consider selling it, I’ve wanted one since the early 90’s but I’ve not been able to find one

Leon

Posted: Mar 3, 2018 at 9:08 Quote
gjp89 wrote:
1990 Offroad Master with WORKING FLEXSTEM. You could say this very bike was the predecessor to the current suspension bike. It was built around the stem which has a dampening system in it and allows the handlebars to absorb about an inch of travel. Offroad became PROFLEX in 1991 and started leading the way in suspension bikes for a very short while . The bike has the full Deore LX drivetrain and everything is completely original Sealed bearings cromo frame flexstem... This bike was the turnaround point for suspension mountain bikes and I have yet to see another complete original bike on the web.

Just picked this up yesterday! Spent the whole day overhauling/restoring it and managed to take 1 photo before my camera died.

1990 Offroad Master with WORKING FLEXSTEM. You could say this very bike was the predecessor to the current suspension bike. It was built around the stem which has a dampening system in it and allows the handlebars to absorb about an inch of travel. Offroad became PROFLEX in 1991 and started leading the way in suspension bikes (for a very short while). The bike has the full Deore LX drivetrain and everything is completely original! Sealed bearings, cromo frame, flexstem... This bike was the turnaround point for suspension mountain bikes and I have yet to see another complete/original bike on the web.

Enjoy!

Posted: Mar 3, 2018 at 9:09 Quote
Scottpro wrote:
gjp89 wrote:

Enjoy!

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.077206
Mobile Version of Website