| Next Page
Posted: Mar 6, 2021 at 20:07 Quote
I'd ride that. Well done!

Posted: Mar 8, 2021 at 5:00 Quote
radrider wrote:
another build finished

1998 Bontrager privateer comp Rasta

Bomber X-fly fork
Bontrager race lite wheelset with Chris King hubs and Bontrager revolt super X tires
Race face IB forged with green "clover" spider
TWP Rasta chain guide
Avid Supreme Ultimate brake set
Kooka billet stem

yeah...nice build. looks like it has some cool shit on there. well done Wink

Posted: Mar 8, 2021 at 9:53 Quote
Shiny-side-up wrote:
Mattin wrote:
A NOS Shiver DC *heavybreathing*

Really want one for my '04 Stinky

Have fun building and riding these pieces of history, looks super fun!

This is the 2nd nos shiver i found, also have a 2005 black one, and thank you Mattin, I will enjoy them

Left 2001 Shiver WC RC2X - Middle 2003 Shiver DC new - Right 2005 Shiver DC Avalanche

I always wanted an ATX 1 dh, the Shiver was a great fork back in the day too

Posted: Apr 5, 2021 at 19:51 Quote
1989 resto mod - 2 speed

Posted: Apr 6, 2021 at 1:08 Quote
Tan walls really pop on the red frame, nicely done!

Posted: Apr 6, 2021 at 4:16 Quote
+1 on that

that's a sharp bike.

the original tires on the old Rockhopper were tanwalls. this makes me want to go back for my next set.

very nice build radrider Beer

Posted: Apr 6, 2021 at 4:45 Quote
radrider wrote:
1989 resto mod - 2 speed

TWINS!!!! Except mine shows much "patina" lol lol

after ride

Posted: Apr 6, 2021 at 5:13 Quote
@PACNW

that's funny you posted. I was gonna tag you here in a minit and let you know about this one. I knew you'd likey likey Wink

Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 20:39 Quote
Watchman123 wrote:
89 Ritchey Ultra

Want to sell that seat? Cool

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 6:17 Quote
nice watchman....!!

@PAC...holy shit...I had that exact seat on my Allez when I got it. That was a not ticket back then if I recall.

Eff'd it all up in a crash....

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 6:55 Quote
adm750 wrote:
nice watchman....!!

@PAC...holy shit...I had that exact seat on my Allez when I got it. That was a not ticket back then if I recall.

My Red Shred came with the lycra version of that seat, and I loved it! It handles the wet and mud much better than just about anything else back then. The SM2000 (my buddy had one) came with the leather one shown on the Ritchey above and was a pretty nice as well. I would love to find one of either of those either NOS or in great shape. Would definitely use it on the Red Shred, might even consider using one on the Stumpy or Jeffsy as well!

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 7:07 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
adm750 wrote:
nice watchman....!!

My Red Shred came with the lycra version of that seat, and I loved it! It handles the wet and mud much better than just about anything else back then. The SM2000 (my buddy had one) came with the leather one shown on the Ritchey above and was a pretty nice as well. I would love to find one of either of those either NOS or in great shape. Would definitely use it on the Red Shred, might even consider using one on the Stumpy or Jeffsy as well!

It was a bad ass saddle. Tough to find this old stuff anymore without damaging your retirement account.

My fave saddle was my old buffalo Cinelli Unicanitor. Got it second hand and had it on two bikes. First on my old Trek roadbike I destroyed in a really bad crash. It was scuffed but survived that episode and went in to service on the Ochsner I built up to replace the Trek. Then the Ochsner was stolen. I bet I had 30-40k miles on that saddle.

I put word on the street that if I could just get that seat back I wouldn't put a horse head in the bed of the person that stole the bike. To this day I have not found a saddle I've liked as much as that one.

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 18:40 Quote
Sadly this saddle is to narrow for me and is just for show. It is in near new condition however My preferred width is 145mm this I believe is 140ish and when I ride it feels like I’m sitting on the narrow side of a 2x4 I’ve recently changed the seat post to a black one and am not crazy about the look. Want a white saddle instead as I think it would look great on this bike. Funny how I can post a bike in this condition and it’s the seat that garners the attention

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008324
Mobile Version of Website