2013 FOX 831 DJ fork width?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
2013 FOX 831 DJ fork width?
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Sep 7, 2012 at 22:44 Quote
Does anyone know what the width is for the 2013 FOX 831 dirt jumping forks? I measured them and it came out to 98.4MMs. I dont think thats right so I looked for 100MM front hubs but I just want to make sure that I get this right. Also I am looking at a Mavic DeeMax wheelset to get but the front hub is 110MM so I just want to make sure what the width is before I buy anything.

Posted: Sep 7, 2012 at 22:51 Quote
p2pownage wrote:
Does anyone know what the width is for the 2013 FOX 831 dirt jumping forks? I measured them and it came out to 98.4MMs. I dont think thats right so I looked for 100MM front hubs but I just want to make sure that I get this right. Also I am looking at a Mavic DeeMax wheelset to get but the front hub is 110MM so I just want to make sure what the width is before I buy anything.
It's a 15mm through axle and the width is 100mm...98.4mm would mean that you would need an 100mm hub thats a 15mm through axle. That 110mm Deemax you are looking at is a downhill wheelset and is spaced accordingly and won't fit.

Posted: Sep 7, 2012 at 22:54 Quote
alright thanks, do you know of any really good 100mm front hubs or wheelsets that will work, I was looking into E-thirteen.

Posted: Sep 7, 2012 at 22:55 Quote
p2pownage wrote:
alright thanks, do you know of any really good 100mm front hubs or wheelsets that will work, I was looking into E-thirteen.
Are you dirt jumping?

Posted: Sep 7, 2012 at 22:58 Quote
Yea i need a 100MM front and a 135MM in the back and I want a really good wheelset and im on a 500-600 dollar budget

Posted: Sep 7, 2012 at 22:58 Quote
p2pownage wrote:
alright thanks, do you know of any really good 100mm front hubs or wheelsets that will work, I was looking into E-thirteen.
profile elite.
you can get adapters for 20 or 15mm.
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://catalog.1664bmx.com/18M-PRE-DR-10.jpg

Posted: Sep 7, 2012 at 22:59 Quote
should I get the profile hub in the rear too, I heard one at the bike park last week and I really like the sound of it but is it any good?

Posted: Sep 7, 2012 at 23:01 Quote
p2pownage wrote:
should I get the profile hub in the rear too, I heard one at the bike park last week and I really like the sound of it but is it any good?
dude if you got the cash go for it.
i got one and i like it.

Posted: Sep 7, 2012 at 23:01 Quote
p2pownage wrote:
should I get the profile hub in the rear too, I heard one at the bike park last week and I really like the sound of it but is it any good?
Yeah, it's got crazy engagement. Off the top of my head I think it's 204 pts of engagement, meaning pretty much instant engagement.

Posted: Sep 7, 2012 at 23:06 Quote
yea but it so expensive but i think its worth it so I will probably go with profile on front and rear.

Posted: Sep 7, 2012 at 23:08 Quote
p2pownage wrote:
yea but it so expensive but i think its worth it so I will probably go with profile on front and rear.
There are other options but I am not the DJ hub expert to be honest so if someone else wants to chime in go ahead.

Posted: Sep 7, 2012 at 23:09 Quote
p2pownage wrote:
yea but it so expensive but i think its worth it so I will probably go with profile on front and rear.

profile is the best hub ever! i have the elites in the front and rear and love them!

Posted: Sep 7, 2012 at 23:12 Quote
wrote:
profile is the best hub ever! i have the elites in the front and rear and love them!
yea but i have a $500 budget on a whole wheelset and the hub alone is like $450

Posted: Sep 8, 2012 at 14:17 Quote
Build up a wheelset with hope hubs and your choice of rims, spokes and nipples. I run a hope ss hub for my rear and a 15mm up front and they're great. I have them laced to ns trail master rims with dt swiss competition spokes and its been a super strong build. Hopes are super high quality, I would argue as good as profile and chris king, not the absolutely instant engagement of profiles but close if you go with an ss hub, for half the price. Ask anyone, you just can't go wrong with hopes. If you go to universal cycles.com they have a custom wheel builder tool on their website that gives you an exact price on a built wheel/wheelset with the correct length spokes and everything. They have great wheel builders up there too. I just built you a quick wheel with hope 15mm front hub, hope 135mm ss rear dt silver swiss champion(straight gauge) spoke and brass dt nipple and a spank tweet tweet rim, and it was $584+shipping(no tax bc theyre in oregon). You could switch up your spokes nipple or rims and mess with the price and get exactly what you want.

Previous Page | Next Page

 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012007
Mobile Version of Website