Powered by Outside

FOX Float 36 RC2 vs. RS Lyrik RC2 DH Solo Air

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
FOX Float 36 RC2 vs. RS Lyrik RC2 DH Solo Air
Posted: Oct 17, 2012 at 11:28 Quote
XpressRacing wrote:
I haven't read all the comments but i would just get the Float 34 and internally adjust the travel to whatever you think is good. Then just change the compression for whatever your riding.

34's is only from 12' year, so it will be too expensive I think

Posted: Oct 17, 2012 at 12:38 Quote
augiss wrote:
XpressRacing wrote:
I haven't read all the comments but i would just get the Float 34 and internally adjust the travel to whatever you think is good. Then just change the compression for whatever your riding.

34's is only from 12' year, so it will be too expensive I think

Im not sure what you mean, are you looking to buy used?

Posted: Oct 17, 2012 at 12:45 Quote
yes, I want to save some money to get other better parts

Posted: Oct 17, 2012 at 14:30 Quote
k2dan wrote:
float all the way they never break

stanchion wear not classed as broken now?

O+
Posted: Oct 17, 2012 at 14:51 Quote
Float. Talas is an all mountain for and the travel adjust isn't ment for big hits, plus all the other parts wear faster. If you want ultimate feel, find a Van, feels just like a 40, and unlike the float, never has tendancys to harded up when it gets hot.

Posted: Oct 17, 2012 at 22:42 Quote
SHARK555 wrote:
Float. Talas is an all mountain for and the travel adjust isn't ment for big hits, plus all the other parts wear faster. If you want ultimate feel, find a Van, feels just like a 40, and unlike the float, never has tendancys to harded up when it gets hot.

Float is getting hot? I never saw that. I'm riding 2011 model 36 float with FIT and even if the things goes hard, there is no such thing as hot float. Smile I have to say, it's better when you're riding longer trail. Once it warms up, it's even plusher ride and better on small bumps. And of course you alwas have low speed compresion adjuster.

Posted: Oct 17, 2012 at 23:50 Quote
milanulrich wrote:
SHARK555 wrote:

Float is getting hot? I never saw that. I'm riding 2011 model 36 float with FIT and even if the things goes hard, there is no such thing as hot float. Smile I have to say, it's better when you're riding longer trail. Once it warms up, it's even plusher ride and better on small bumps. And of course you alwas have low speed compresion adjuster.

he is onnabout the air temprature i assume, when it warms up it expands Smile

Posted: Oct 18, 2012 at 0:33 Quote
nomis123 wrote:
milanulrich wrote:
SHARK555 wrote:

he is onnabout the air temprature i assume, when it warms up it expands Smile

Sure, I understand that, but even in this case I've never seen some hardening. Smile Maybe I have to take it to the extreme, but even on trail with various stuff like rocks, bumps, roots, and lenght about 30km, I've never seen that. As I said,it was better, when float "warms up". First time I heard that. My mate have 180mm 2011 ver. and its the same on freeride.
Ok, we are not hardcore riders as I have float on my enduro bike, but anyway.....it's strange.

Posted: Oct 18, 2012 at 0:44 Quote
Mate just get the float,asking the same question every couple of months is just annoying.

Posted: Oct 18, 2012 at 3:57 Quote
I'm a rockshox man me. Every fox 36 I've tried felt grindy and shit. The best forks I've tried were a fox 32 float and a rockshox lyrik u turn coil.

I ride a Totem because it's the best looking fork you can get, in my opinion. Certainly it doesn't work as well as the lyriks and domains I've tried, but looks are more important to me than performance.

ergo... get a totem. even if it doesn't work that well it looks the shit. Plus you're not going to break it.

Having said that, I right like the look of that new argyle trc in fluoro yellow. I quite fancy one of them on my fluoro yellow konig.

Posted: Oct 18, 2012 at 6:17 Quote
jaame wrote:
I'm a rockshox man me. Every fox 36 I've tried felt grindy and shit. The best forks I've tried were a fox 32 float and a rockshox lyrik u turn coil.

I ride a Totem because it's the best looking fork you can get, in my opinion. Certainly it doesn't work as well as the lyriks and domains I've tried, but looks are more important to me than performance.

ergo... get a totem. even if it doesn't work that well it looks the shit. Plus you're not going to break it.

Having said that, I right like the look of that new argyle trc in fluoro yellow. I quite fancy one of them on my fluoro yellow konig.

Totem doen't fit for me, cause I'm looking for a flow fr,am,dj fork in one, so I will ride on 130mm travel and Totem will be too heavy for me.

O+
Posted: Oct 18, 2012 at 19:26 Quote
no, no. when its in use, it heats up, so say you did some fast hard riding, then stoped for a bit, started riding again over slow terrain, it will feel a bit stiffer until it goes through all the travel and gets oil moving again. to test this, ride a trail get to the bottom, dont touch it. it will be stiff, if you then push down hard a couple times and get it moving, it will feel brand new again. were as the van feels sick, all the time.

No way stiffens while riding, stays stiff after riding. no. All fox's are sick. Talas will wear fast on harder use, the float will "warm/heat" with hard use, And the van feels the best, but is the heaviest.

Posted: Oct 18, 2012 at 20:24 Quote
jaame wrote:

Bwaha haha haha...lol lol lol GROW UP!!!

Posted: Oct 18, 2012 at 21:27 Quote
SHARK555 wrote:
no, no. when its in use, it heats up, so say you did some fast hard riding, then stoped for a bit, started riding again over slow terrain, it will feel a bit stiffer until it goes through all the travel and gets oil moving again. to test this, ride a trail get to the bottom, dont touch it. it will be stiff, if you then push down hard a couple times and get it moving, it will feel brand new again. were as the van feels sick, all the time.

No way stiffens while riding, stays stiff after riding. no. All fox's are sick. Talas will wear fast on harder use, the float will "warm/heat" with hard use, And the van feels the best, but is the heaviest.
I'm gonna have to call bullshit on a float getting hot during a descent, if a boxxer WC feels no significant change then a 36 float wont either. The damper of a boxxer WC is actually hotter than the air spring after a rough 15min downhill.

Posted: Oct 18, 2012 at 22:58 Quote
Man - you would have to work that fork really hard to heat it up like that but if you really are then you need to be using Nitrogen in the air chamber instead of Air.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019786
Mobile Version of Website