Powered by Outside

FOX Float 36 RC2 vs. RS Lyrik RC2 DH Solo Air

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
FOX Float 36 RC2 vs. RS Lyrik RC2 DH Solo Air
| Next Page
Posted: Oct 19, 2012 at 1:39 Quote
SHARK555 wrote:
no, no. when its in use, it heats up, so say you did some fast hard riding, then stoped for a bit, started riding again over slow terrain, it will feel a bit stiffer until it goes through all the travel and gets oil moving again. to test this, ride a trail get to the bottom, dont touch it. it will be stiff, if you then push down hard a couple times and get it moving, it will feel brand new again. were as the van feels sick, all the time.

No way stiffens while riding, stays stiff after riding. no. All fox's are sick. Talas will wear fast on harder use, the float will "warm/heat" with hard use, And the van feels the best, but is the heaviest.

Ok, I understand what you mean, but as I said, I've never felt that. For me, it's alway better and better while riding. It couldn't be oil, since it has FIT cartrige. Maybe you just want to feel that. Smile Or, maybe you have some previous model without FIT. But no doubt about VAN, it is better because of spring of course. Can't complain about rock shox Lyric. Same category. Great fork. When I was thinking about that, it was float or lyric. Both are great, maybe float is littlebit blinkier. Smile

Posted: Oct 19, 2012 at 12:29 Quote
augiss wrote:
I want to ask about Fox 36 160mm RC2 Float and Talas. I can't decide which to choose. Basically I will ride it on 120-130mm on my Banshee Rampant frame, I will use it for Dirt, Trail, Flow Freeride, talas would be better because of travel adjustment, 100mm on dirts and 130mm on trails. But I've heard, that talas is bad when you hit big jumps on 100mm or 130mm travel, there's some thing inside it, which just pops out and you can't use travel adjustment, it was once for my buddy, so is it very big problem or not? Also I've heard that in newer style talas this problem is gone, but don't know is it true or not. Maybe someone faced with this problem? What you can advise, which one to choose?

Posted: Oct 19, 2012 at 12:30 Quote
BurgerBiker wrote:
augiss wrote:
I want to ask about Fox 36 160mm RC2 Float and Talas. I can't decide which to choose. Basically I will ride it on 120-130mm on my Banshee Rampant frame, I will use it for Dirt, Trail, Flow Freeride, talas would be better because of travel adjustment, 100mm on dirts and 130mm on trails. But I've heard, that talas is bad when you hit big jumps on 100mm or 130mm travel, there's some thing inside it, which just pops out and you can't use travel adjustment, it was once for my buddy, so is it very big problem or not? Also I've heard that in newer style talas this problem is gone, but don't know is it true or not. Maybe someone faced with this problem? What you can advise, which one to choose?
get the float

Posted: Aug 26, 2013 at 12:07 Quote
SHARK555 wrote:
no, no. when its in use, it heats up, so say you did some fast hard riding, then stoped for a bit, started riding again over slow terrain, it will feel a bit stiffer until it goes through all the travel and gets oil moving again. to test this, ride a trail get to the bottom, dont touch it. it will be stiff, if you then push down hard a couple times and get it moving, it will feel brand new again. were as the van feels sick, all the time.

No way stiffens while riding, stays stiff after riding. no. All fox's are sick. Talas will wear fast on harder use, the float will "warm/heat" with hard use, And the van feels the best, but is the heaviest.

people need to listen up to this post

the oil in the damper and lowers heats up..cause's more of a choppy ride I assume. Just like hot brakes! If you dont know what a hot fork feels like, then you're not riding fast enough...done

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.058759
Mobile Version of Website