Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
Posted: Mar 28, 2017 at 7:58 Quote
has anyone had issues with a "KS eTEN Remote Dropper Seatpost 27.2 100 mm travel" pulsing as it descends? as if the lever is being engaged and dis engaged rapidly?

Posted: Mar 28, 2017 at 10:06 Quote
scjeremy wrote:
pyromaniac wrote:
While having the rear wheel out, the freehub + cassette fell off. I hit the rear wheel against the floor at a slight angle..
It's a DT 350 hub.
I put everything back together with some fresh grease and it seems to work fine.
Is there anything to worry about, though?
That's normal with a 350. Nothing to worry about. Just make sure you didn't lose a spring when it fell off.

thx Salute

Posted: Mar 28, 2017 at 14:00 Quote
macca85 wrote:
oldmanDan wrote:
macca85 wrote:
I've got some renthal carbon fat bars mounted to renthal alu stem and its recently started creaking like a bitch, can I uses dab of regular grease to stop it, or do I need carbon paste for it?

Grease and carbon paste are completely different.
Grease gives lubrication, carbon paste creates grip between parts...

Which do you think you need knowing this?....

I have plenty of grip as it is, not once have my bars rolled from there current position. I want to know how to stop the creaking?
On a scale of 0-10, 0 being none and 10 being extremely, how helpful have you been?

The creaking is coming from the bars flexing during use.
The flex causes the bars to rub on the inside of the stem.
You won't notice the bars rotate in the stem as that's not the direction of the flex.
Using paste helps to lessen any noise by creating a layer that moves slightly with the flex. It's only microns of movement, but if it's mounted dry then you get noise.
Not with all bar / stem combos though, it depends on the contact surfaces.
Put on some paste.

I think it was a 10...
You need to get over the sarcasm on here

O+
Posted: Mar 28, 2017 at 19:32 Quote
Hi, I was just wondering if there was any available solutions to mounting some Xtr I-spec A shifters (there's a killer deal) either on the bar or with my formula t1 brakes.
-Cheers

O+
Posted: Mar 28, 2017 at 20:07 Quote
So I'll be swapping my fox dhx rc4 from a 2011 flatline into a 2014 operator, am i gonna need new shock mounting hardware or can i use what i have?

Posted: Mar 28, 2017 at 21:04 Quote
EdwardN wrote:
So I'll be swapping my fox dhx rc4 from a 2011 flatline into a 2014 operator, am i gonna need new shock mounting hardware or can i use what i have?

It'll depend on the actual spacing of the shock mounts...ie. the spacing between the two holes of each individual mounting point.

Posted: Mar 29, 2017 at 7:37 Quote
croyx16 wrote:
has anyone had issues with a "KS eTEN Remote Dropper Seatpost 27.2 100 mm travel" pulsing as it descends? as if the lever is being engaged and dis engaged rapidly?

Full sus? Maybe the cable getting tensioned under load

Posted: Mar 29, 2017 at 7:40 Quote
Yeah my buddy had that problem, that seatpost is junk. The design is just not sound.

Posted: Mar 29, 2017 at 9:36 Quote
cant find a good thread for this so hope you dont mind me asking, keep snapping my dh mechs off when riding. how do the pros protect theirs and are there anythings i can do to reinforce mine

O+
Posted: Mar 29, 2017 at 10:36 Quote
Can I use blue superglue to mate the threading of my derailleur to derailleur hanger? My rear derailleur keeps getting loose. Also, if I use the blue superglue, will I still be able to remove my rear derailleur to realign the hanger when it gets bent? Thanks. Will

Posted: Mar 29, 2017 at 10:40 Quote
My 10 speed X9 comes loose every couple of months. I actually put some loctite on today as I've just rebuilt the bike, I'd try that. I wouldn't use superglue.

Posted: Mar 29, 2017 at 10:47 Quote
ekduerden wrote:
cant find a good thread for this so hope you dont mind me asking, keep snapping my dh mechs off when riding. how do the pros protect theirs and are there anythings i can do to reinforce mine

I f*cked mine up in the alps last summer. Sucks.

Shorter cage mechs keep out the shit better than longer cage obviously. If you're riding DH a zee mech is a good call because it's short and sturdy and not that expensive to replace.

Other than that just check there's enough slack in your chain throughout your suspension travel. Could be that as your suspension compresses your mech is getting pulled apart by chain growth and that's why they're breaking?

Or

Maybe there's too much slack in your chain and if your derailleur was more stretched out it would stay out of trouble better?

I'm just throwing ideas out

Posted: Mar 29, 2017 at 11:16 Quote
Broken enve carbon bars
Anyone seen this before? Deore levers were torqued to 5nm and max is 5.5 and this happened

Posted: Mar 29, 2017 at 11:35 Quote
Tmonster2301 wrote:
Broken enve carbon bars
Anyone seen this before? Deore levers were torqued to 5nm and max is 5.5 and this happened
Is that a tube?

Posted: Mar 29, 2017 at 11:51 Quote
angushall19 wrote:
Tmonster2301 wrote:
Broken enve carbon bars
Is that a tube?

It's an ENVE handlebar I believe

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.025459
Mobile Version of Website