Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
Posted: Nov 24, 2017 at 15:51 Quote
ThorneMTB wrote:
Will a X01 12-speed drivetrain fit on a 2016 Stumpjumper?

Thanks

As long as your rear hub has an xd driver. If it doesn't you can still probably get one unless you have shimano hubs

Posted: Nov 24, 2017 at 17:10 Quote
willbikeforbeer wrote:
ThorneMTB wrote:
Will a X01 12-speed drivetrain fit on a 2016 Stumpjumper?

Thanks

As long as your rear hub has an xd driver. If it doesn't you can still probably get one unless you have shimano hubs

Thanks! So all I need is an xd driver. The bike is non-boost does that affect anything?

Posted: Nov 25, 2017 at 2:13 Quote
i got shimano brake cable and the fittings when you the cable,but the things i cut my other SRAM brake and wonder if they should to the same job.Only the shimano fittings on the sram cable

the set contains 3 rubber washers,olive,open enden bolt(the one you screw in brake lever) and a bit long nail you insert in brakes cable

(i apologize for not knowing the rights name of the parts)

Posted: Nov 25, 2017 at 5:17 Quote
genovvv wrote:
i got shimano brake cable and the fittings when you the cable,but the things i cut my other SRAM brake and wonder if they should to the same job.Only the shimano fittings on the sram cable

the set contains 3 rubber washers,olive,open enden bolt(the one you screw in brake lever) and a bit long nail you insert in brakes cable

(i apologize for not knowing the rights name of the parts)

I think you mean hose and not cable as you are talking about olives and a hose insert (a bit long nail). I don't think SRAM and Shimano hose fittings will work on each others systems.

O+
Posted: Nov 25, 2017 at 6:20 Quote
Im sure this has been answered numerous times but I can't find a thread on it so here goes. I need a new rear wheel for my specialized enduro comp and am think about getting a Hope Pro 4 Rear Hub - 142x12. My question is when I check the specs for my bike it states the rear hub is 142+. Would the hope pro 4 be compatible. I run a 10 speed sram 1070 cassette.

Thanks

O+
Posted: Nov 25, 2017 at 6:46 Quote
javmatt wrote:
Im sure this has been answered numerous times but I can't find a thread on it so here goes. I need a new rear wheel for my specialized enduro comp and am think about getting a Hope Pro 4 Rear Hub - 142x12. My question is when I check the specs for my bike it states the rear hub is 142+. Would the hope pro 4 be compatible. I run a 10 speed sram 1070 cassette.

Thanks

142+ is the same width hub as 142, just with the cassette moved outward. So if you put a regular 142 hub in your 142+ frame you will just need to adjust your deraileur a bit and should be fine.
It's only putting a 142+ wheel in a 142 frame that causes problems.

Posted: Nov 26, 2017 at 9:52 Quote
Just picked up a used X Fusion 02 RLX, but the rebound seems to do very little and on the slowest setting is way too fast. Is it the oil in the shock that causes the rebound to work? If so would a service potentially fix this issue? All 3 settings for the lockout work fine.

Posted: Nov 26, 2017 at 12:11 Quote
fooby wrote:
Just picked up a used X Fusion 02 RLX, but the rebound seems to do very little and on the slowest setting is way too fast. Is it the oil in the shock that causes the rebound to work? If so would a service potentially fix this issue? All 3 settings for the lockout work fine.

Sounds like its time for a rebuild.

Posted: Nov 26, 2017 at 17:33 Quote
Anyone has experience with Enduro fork seals? Looking to replace the seals on my Marzocchi DJ but can't seem to find original seals, just the Enduro ones Confused

Posted: Nov 26, 2017 at 17:34 Quote
Nuno2002 wrote:
Anyone has experience with Enduro fork seals? Looking to replace the seals on my Marzocchi DJ but can't seem to find original seals, just the Enduro ones Confused
really good seals. some of the best.

Posted: Nov 26, 2017 at 18:52 Quote
I rebuilt my x-fusion vector this weekend, just did a nice oil change in it and found boatloads of air in it. My guess is last time I adjusted the small air can pressure I used a different air pump and when I removed it it leaked some air and was probably below the suggested 180 psi.

On another note anyone know why the RV1 fork is so noisy? I just bought it from Jenson a week ago and rode on it a few times just has some rattling noise and I'm not sure why. My other coil forks aren't quite this loud and I'm not sure if it's normal or if I should reach out to x-fusion.

Posted: Nov 26, 2017 at 20:27 Quote
Angelo18 wrote:
I rebuilt my x-fusion vector this weekend, just did a nice oil change in it and found boatloads of air in it. My guess is last time I adjusted the small air can pressure I used a different air pump and when I removed it it leaked some air and was probably below the suggested 180 psi.

On another note anyone know why the RV1 fork is so noisy? I just bought it from Jenson a week ago and rode on it a few times just has some rattling noise and I'm not sure why. My other coil forks aren't quite this loud and I'm not sure if it's normal or if I should reach out to x-fusion.

Im not sure, but are there isolators on the spring?, i know RS/fox has them on their springs.

Posted: Nov 27, 2017 at 4:01 Quote
False wrote:
Nuno2002 wrote:
really good seals. some of the best.
From what I've seen, quite a few people have issues with the seals wearing down at the stanchions if not lubed up on a regular basis.

Posted: Nov 27, 2017 at 6:10 Quote
goytay wrote:
fooby wrote:

Sounds like its time for a rebuild.
Cheers, would replacing the seals and oil be enough, or do you reckon it's more of a job for a professional service? Sorry this is my first air shock. I'm fine with forks and have no fear of doing and air can / seals service lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.023926
Mobile Version of Website