Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
Author Message
Posted: 2 days ago Quote
Has anyone had experience with the Shimmano XTR levers and Saint caliper combo?
Also, how much better is the nice Shimmano router(xtr/saint) that the Slx one? Is it worth the price difference?

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
*UPDATE* so brake pads had been overly saturated with oil for too long and had to get new ones. The crazy popping exploding sound was a very worn chain and cassette, replaced and it’s butter again. Freehub was fine and front chainrings were ok, but I will be switching soon to single chainrain and a clutched rear derailer.

Thank you all for the help!

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
cannondalemale wrote:
just put the bike i want to build into the cane creek headset finder and i got these results

IS42 28.6

IS52 40

looking on chain reaction but not entirely sure what for

bike is dartmoor hornet 2018

website just says Headset type: IS42/IS52
cheaper option but out of stock, its a is52/40 for tapered steerers and is52/30 for straight steerers for the lower cup/race
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ca/en/brand-x-headset-integrated-tapered-steerer/rp-prod130924

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
Does anyone know if shimano and scram cassettes are inter changeable? looking to buy some deemax wheels currently has a shimano cassette fitted but running a scram set up on our bike?

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
how would people rate these wheels not sure about the price but i think it can be haggled down a bit as they been on sale for a quite a long time


https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2108942/

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
Shimano and SRAM use the same spline pattern, so as long as you are not using an XD cassette (SRAM) it will fit. If you are just replacing the Shimano cassette with a similar sized SRAM, you're fine.

Monstertom2512 wrote:
Does anyone know if shimano and scram cassettes are inter changeable? looking to buy some deemax wheels currently has a shimano cassette fitted but running a scram set up on our bike?

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
cannondalemale wrote:
how would people rate these wheels not sure about the price but i think it can be haggled down a bit as they been on sale for a quite a long time


https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2108942/

Good hubs and alright rims, are you running xd currently?

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
radatabs wrote:
cannondalemale wrote:
how would people rate these wheels not sure about the price but i think it can be haggled down a bit as they been on sale for a quite a long time


https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2108942/

Good hubs and alright rims, are you running xd currently?

IMO 28-32 spokes should be standard. Those are some really nice XC / light trail wheels but don’t think I would get too rowdy with em.

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
would a GARDENA Wall-Mounted Hose Box be okay to use to clean down after a ride? my water pressure is decent and I tend to use the nozzle on a spray or jet setting.

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
hosing bikes is the worst thing you can do to them, unless you regularly strip and re lube everything, use a bucket and brush

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
Or some common sense while washing..

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
Bromaphobe wrote:
Where in the hell are you buying pads from? very little difference between a good non manufacture's branded pad and the stock pads!
In Canada, SRAM and Shimano pads aren't cheap. Buying online is an option but shipping can cost as much as the pads themselves.
Yes, aftermarket pads can work but sometimes they don't fit right (bind in the caliper) and sometimes they're noisy.

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
I've run non sram/shimano pads for as long as I can remember, sram and shimano pads are rediculous anywhere in the world. Gigapower pads work incredibly well (uk based) or any clarks (rebranded) pad works pretty well too!

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
I only run factory pads, though I've heard good things about Swiss Stop.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.026232
Mobile Version of Website