Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
Posted: Jun 13, 2018 at 17:30 Quote
What is the Fox equivalent to a RS Revelation?

Posted: Jun 13, 2018 at 18:23 Quote
Not really. The revelation share a lot of similarities to the Pike. It's closer to a Fox 34 Performance.

Posted: Jun 13, 2018 at 18:56 Quote
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
Not really. The revelation share a lot of similarities to the Pike. It's closer to a Fox 34 Performance.
+1

Posted: Jun 13, 2018 at 19:17 Quote
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
Oh, I didnt realize that the newer ones have 35mm stanchions, Then yes the 34 would be.

Posted: Jun 13, 2018 at 20:44 Quote
Primo123 wrote:

New model 35mm revelation might have the chassis stiffness, but I'd say the grip damper in the lowest end 34's is nicer than the motion control found in the revelation. I don't think there's a clear equivalent, either you get similar chassis and worse damping, or you get the charger damper on the pike and spend more $$ than a 34.

34 chassis can take quite a beating, and the oil volume in the grip dampers is pretty high and feels consistent. I have a a couple people who've put in hundreds of hours between services and they still feel great.

Posted: Jun 13, 2018 at 21:22 Quote
parkourfan wrote:
Primo123 wrote:

New model 35mm revelation might have the chassis stiffness, but I'd say the grip damper in the lowest end 34's is nicer than the motion control found in the revelation. I don't think there's a clear equivalent, either you get similar chassis and worse damping, or you get the charger damper on the pike and spend more $$ than a 34.

34 chassis can take quite a beating, and the oil volume in the grip dampers is pretty high and feels consistent. I have a a couple people who've put in hundreds of hours between services and they still feel great.

true. Grip damper is actually pretty great, but i think you can get a revelation with the charger damper these days as well, so all in all they are both pretty decent forks

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 8:47 Quote
Working on an 11 Giant Reign. Previous owner has removed the front derailure and 2 of the 3 chainrings up front. Leaving the 32t middle ring. The bike pedals well but as soon as you run into a steep climb where you have to get hard on the pedals, the chain drops off the front. Running a slx rear derailure. The owner doesnt really want to go back to 3 rings up front. What am I missing?
Chain too long?
Need a guide?
Add a bash guard to the 3rd ring?

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 8:59 Quote
I just bought an Fox 40 coil 2013, when i try to bunny hop on the damper side sound like metal on metal. I try to rebuild with the exact stats on oil etc. from fox site but doesn't works. Anyone had this problem? Btw soz for my bad english ^^

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 9:02 Quote
thefatwhacker wrote:
Working on an 11 Giant Reign. Previous owner has removed the front derailure and 2 of the 3 chainrings up front. Leaving the 32t middle ring. The bike pedals well but as soon as you run into a steep climb where you have to get hard on the pedals, the chain drops off the front. Running a slx rear derailure. The owner doesnt really want to go back to 3 rings up front. What am I missing?
Chain too long?
Need a guide?

If it's still the original 32t ring from the 3x set-up, swap it for a NW style chainring and you should be good to go.

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 9:56 Quote
thefatwhacker wrote:
Chain too long?
Need a guide?i

Well if the chain has nevery been shortened it about 10 links too long (based on a 42t outer). Check chain length

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 11:09 Quote
Working on SRAM red hydro and the brake lever won’t squeeze. It is almost like there is nowhere for the fluid to travel. Tried bleeding and it is the same story. The syringes at both the lever and caliper can’t push fluid through the system. Any ideas?

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 11:09 Quote
kelvin wrote:
thefatwhacker wrote:
Chain too long?
Need a guide?

If it's still the original 32t ring from the 3x set-up, swap it for a NW style chainring and you should be good to go.
also is it a clutch rear mech?

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 13:48 Quote
brianl wrote:
kelvin wrote:
thefatwhacker wrote:
Chain too long?
Need a guide?

also is it a clutch rear mech?
Yes it is.

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 18:10 Quote
2018 Lyrik RCT3 Charger Damper 2 with 2019 Air spring....

Do I need a 2019 service kit to use the o-rings for the 2019 air spring or will the 2018 service kit be fine?
Just doing an order and figuring out exactly what I'll need in the future.

Thanks!

Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.030288
Mobile Version of Website