Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
O+
Posted: Aug 22, 2018 at 14:55 Quote
bike2850 wrote:
What is the difference between a fox dpx2 performance and a dpx2 performance elite? Same question for the forks.
I can’t seem to find anything on there website. Thanks

Dpx2 performance elite has an additional compression adjustment within the lockout knob. 12 clicks of low speed compression adjusted with a 3mm allen key. Regular performance does not have that. Basically the same for the fork too. Elite has the low speed compression knob with 20 clicks of adjustment.

Posted: Aug 22, 2018 at 15:16 Quote
Charles94 wrote:
Will a 230×55 fox rear shock fit my 210 eye to eye frame?i have orbea occam am h50 218

nope.

O+
Posted: Aug 22, 2018 at 15:19 Quote
Charles94 wrote:
Will a 230×55 fox rear shock fit my 210 eye to eye frame?i have orbea occam am h50 218

no.

Posted: Aug 22, 2018 at 19:44 Quote
Charles94 wrote:
negative.

Posted: Aug 23, 2018 at 0:31 Quote
Dumb question, how do I get the dust caps off of my Novatec hubs to inspect the bearings..?? Do I use a pick to pop them off.? I don't want to damage them, so that's why I ask..Thanks.

Posted: Aug 23, 2018 at 2:01 Quote
Rear brake caliper seems to release the pads too much and when the lever is pressed can't get them to bite the rear disc hard enough. If it were old style mechanical brakes, I would be tightening the cable to draw the pads closer in. Is there an equivalent for hydro brakes?

Posted: Aug 23, 2018 at 4:20 Quote
DanStapleton wrote:
Rear brake caliper seems to release the pads too much and when the lever is pressed can't get them to bite the rear disc hard enough. If it were old style mechanical brakes, I would be tightening the cable to draw the pads closer in. Is there an equivalent for hydro brakes?
Few options:
1. Pull the lever a few times with the wheel removed to advance the pads, be careful and work in small increments.
2. Shimano brakes require frequent lever bleeds as the pads wear, this is essentially adding oil into the system to make up for the increased system volume required for the pads to sit further out.
3. You may need new pads.

Hope this helps!

Posted: Aug 23, 2018 at 4:22 Quote
DanStapleton wrote:
depending on your brakes it might have a bite point screw somewhere. And if your pads are really worn you might need to top up the fluid in your reservoir

Posted: Aug 23, 2018 at 9:55 Quote
Hammer48 wrote:
Dumb question, how do I get the dust caps off of my Novatec hubs to inspect the bearings..?? Do I use a pick to pop them off.? I don't want to damage them, so that's why I ask..Thanks.

put the tip of your axle in and pry them out , novatechs are quite difficult in my experience and even more dofficult to get back in

so proceed with caution

Posted: Aug 23, 2018 at 10:44 Quote
Can i replace a fox float dps 210x55 for a fox float dpx2 210x50 ? Will the difference of the stroke length affect my bike?

Posted: Aug 23, 2018 at 11:02 Quote
Charles94 wrote:
Can i replace a fox float dps 210x55 for a fox float dpx2 210x50 ? Will the difference of the stroke length affect my bike?

about 15mm less rear travel

Posted: Aug 23, 2018 at 13:01 Quote
BaGearA wrote:
Hammer48 wrote:

put the tip of your axle in and pry them out , novatechs are quite difficult in my experience and even more dofficult to get back in

so proceed with caution

Hmm...Think Ill just leave it be..Thanks for the info..I'll be getting new wheels soon.

Posted: Aug 23, 2018 at 13:16 Quote
Hammer48 wrote:
BaGearA wrote:
Hammer48 wrote:

so proceed with caution

Hmm...Think Ill just leave it be..Thanks for the info..I'll be getting new wheels soon.
Which model novatech hubs do you have?

Posted: Aug 23, 2018 at 13:23 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
Hammer48 wrote:
BaGearA wrote:

so proceed with caution

Which model novatech hubs do you have?

Rear is D 822 SB Front D811 SB=15

O+
Posted: Aug 23, 2018 at 18:25 Quote
I have a 2017 deluxe rt3. Just wondering if i remove the blue ring and top washer in the air piston area will it only affect my shock by removing re activ? I only want to do this because it rattles around in my shock and i don’t care if i don’t have re activ.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.031965
Mobile Version of Website