Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
Posted: Dec 13, 2018 at 8:47 Quote
spaceofades wrote:
lifted-d wrote:
fullsendevan13 wrote:

I weigh about 120 (I'm 15) and run about 50-60 depending on the terrain

yeah, when was lower bath changed last. do it now if you don't know!! is your compression circuit and rebound wide open?
you may need to eat some sammiches too
sammiches, or rocks in the fanny pack

I guess. Yeah since i'm light it's harder for the fork to accommodate to my weight. The lower bath was last changed about a season ago. I depressurized the chambers and that seemed to do the trick. I have yet to ride it though.

Posted: Dec 13, 2018 at 10:37 Quote
I'm planning on rebuilding my reverb myself. The two specialty tools that I need are the RockShox vise block inserts (3-hole), and the RockShox Oil Level Adjuster. Instead of buying the rockshox vise block could I instead use a park tool av-5? As for the oil level adjuster is there any way to get around it?
Thanks, Alex

Posted: Dec 13, 2018 at 12:53 Quote
fullsendevan13 wrote:
spaceofades wrote:
lifted-d wrote:

yeah, when was lower bath changed last. do it now if you don't know!! is your compression circuit and rebound wide open?
you may need to eat some sammiches too

I guess. Yeah since i'm light it's harder for the fork to accommodate to my weight. The lower bath was last changed about a season ago. I depressurized the chambers and that seemed to do the trick. I have yet to ride it though.
time for an oil change then!!

Posted: Dec 13, 2018 at 14:43 Quote
lifted-d wrote:
fullsendevan13 wrote:
spaceofades wrote:

I suppose, but I got a full service on it just one season ago. How often do I need to replace seals and oil then?

Posted: Dec 13, 2018 at 15:31 Quote
fullsendevan13 wrote:
lifted-d wrote:
fullsendevan13 wrote:

I suppose, but I got a full service on it just one season ago. How often do I need to replace seals and oil then?

The oil every 30 hours riding is recommended.
Seals when they leak or if your feeling like it’s been too long!

https://www.ridefox.com/fox_tech_center/owners_manuals/013/Content/Service_Intervals.html

Posted: Dec 13, 2018 at 16:03 Quote
lifted-d wrote:
fullsendevan13 wrote:
lifted-d wrote:

The oil every 30 hours riding is recommended.
Seals when they leak or if your feeling like it’s been too long!

https://www.ridefox.com/fox_tech_center/owners_manuals/013/Content/Service_Intervals.html
Alright, thanks for the info, Yeah, I guess it is time for an oil change

Posted: Dec 14, 2018 at 8:33 Quote
TheUnknownMTBR wrote:
dhmtbr777 wrote:
Oh god please don’t let this turn into a huge fight

Once you go XD you never go back ... :-p

No cause you’re stuck with XD as the driver is seized on lol

Posted: Dec 14, 2018 at 11:38 Quote
Alexmarshman wrote:
I'm planning on rebuilding my reverb myself. The two specialty tools that I need are the RockShox vise block inserts (3-hole), and the RockShox Oil Level Adjuster. Instead of buying the rockshox vise block could I instead use a park tool av-5? As for the oil level adjuster is there any way to get around it?
Thanks, Alex

Presumably you're talking about a stealth version?

10mm shaft clamp us what you need. Oil height tool is hackable, I just measure a bit of tube.

Posted: Dec 17, 2018 at 14:10 Quote
Using a QR axle with singlespeed dropouts - can I use any old chain tugs or do I need special ones with a thinner hole for the qr?
Just asking cos on-one sell both but the qr one is more expensive :/

O+
Posted: Dec 18, 2018 at 18:20 Quote
230x65mm shock + offset hardware on a Santa Cruz Nomad v4?
I was wondering if anyone’s had experience with this combination or at least could predict the consequences. Apparently a 65mm stroke shock on regular hardware can cause the lower link to strike the frame so could this be a solution?

Posted: Dec 19, 2018 at 0:52 Quote
Trisnpod wrote:
Using a QR axle with singlespeed dropouts - can I use any old chain tugs or do I need special ones with a thinner hole for the qr?
Just asking cos on-one sell both but the qr one is more expensive :/

Get the QR one

Posted: Dec 19, 2018 at 0:53 Quote
Double Post: What's everyones favourite tubeless sealant at the moment? Been using Stans race but it's drying out in 3 months and not sealing small pinhole punctures.

Thinking of moving to either Orange or Peatys?

Posted: Dec 19, 2018 at 0:55 Quote
I've been looking at Muc Off. They claim it last's for 6 months.

O+
Posted: Dec 19, 2018 at 4:24 Quote
Orange race. Works loads better than Stan's.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.044859
Mobile Version of Website