Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
Posted: Feb 20, 2019 at 4:24 Quote
Hi,
Does anyone know if this bb will fit my 2010 cannondale prophet?

Thanks

Posted: Feb 20, 2019 at 5:09 Quote
just measure your BB shell width to check

One thing though, I got that BB an had to buy another BB tool as the plastic converter tool supplied with the BB didn't fit my current tool, bloody annoying

Posted: Feb 20, 2019 at 5:15 Quote
Pip321 wrote:
Hi,
Does anyone know if this bb will fit my 2010 cannondale prophet?

Thanks

Looking through old Cannondale catalogs, the most recent listing I could find for the Prophet was 2008. And in that case, it was using a GXP bottom bracket. So to answer your question, yes it will physically fit in the bottom bracket shell, but will not work with the GXP cranks that came with the bike. If you were looking to upgrade cranks using that bottom bracket then you should be good.

Posted: Feb 20, 2019 at 9:39 Quote
Evening all!

Anyone know how to tell the difference between a boost and non boost slx m7000 crankset by looking at them?

Cheers!

O+
Posted: Feb 20, 2019 at 10:03 Quote
If you can look for the model number, the boost one will end in B1 (Boost 1x) or B2 (Boost 2x) whereas the nonboost will just end in "1" for 1x or "2" if it's 2x

Posted: Feb 20, 2019 at 10:05 Quote
rormansfiel0 wrote:
Evening all!

Anyone know how to tell the difference between a boost and non boost slx m7000 crankset by looking at them?

Cheers!

The number on the crank arm ends in a "B".

photo

Posted: Feb 20, 2019 at 10:06 Quote
kwapik wrote:
rormansfiel0 wrote:
Evening all!

Cheers!

The number on the crank arm ends in a "B".

photo

Cheers man!

Posted: Feb 20, 2019 at 11:41 Quote
Thanks for the replies re my fork seals. I’m planning on doing a lower leg service anyway as the bushings need a look at.
I haven’t noticed any stiction, I’m mostly worried that if the seals are worn out they could damage the stanchions?

Posted: Feb 20, 2019 at 13:17 Quote
its the dirt that damages a fork, poor seals will not help but the important thing is to clean them and change oil regularly in bad conditons

in fact tight seals can cause more wear when dirt get into them, SKF ones are cheap and work well,

Posted: Feb 20, 2019 at 17:41 Quote
So I'm (most likely) going to be leaving my bike in my car for most of this summer, basically it'll go up to 40-50 C during the day and the back down. I'm concerned about my tires, mainly the tubeless sealant drying out, would this be a big problem?

O+
Posted: Feb 20, 2019 at 17:46 Quote
coaster156 wrote:
So I'm (most likely) going to be leaving my bike in my car for most of this summer, basically it'll go up to 40-50 C during the day and the back down. I'm concerned about my tires, mainly the tubeless sealant drying out, would this be a big problem?
Not likely. What I would worry about is your brakes. If you have OEM Guides, they will shit the bed.

Posted: Feb 20, 2019 at 19:52 Quote
Steerer tube is too short for me to fit my stem on, even with a low stack headset. Anyone have an suggestions? Currently at loctite bonding in a quill style steerer extension but not sure if that will cut the mustard.

Cheers.

O+
Posted: Feb 20, 2019 at 20:03 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Steerer tube is too short for me to fit my stem on, even with a low stack headset. Anyone have an suggestions? Currently at loctite bonding in a quill style steerer extension but not sure if that will cut the mustard.

Cheers.
https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/941192/

Posted: Feb 20, 2019 at 20:03 Quote
spaceofades wrote:
coaster156 wrote:
Not likely. What I would worry about is your brakes. If you have OEM Guides, they will shit the bed.

Does this affect the Codes as well?

O+
Posted: Feb 20, 2019 at 20:06 Quote
coaster156 wrote:
spaceofades wrote:
coaster156 wrote:

Does this affect the Codes as well?
Not to my knowledge. The reason Guides have had so many issues is because SRAM makes much lower quality OEM levers, which are different than the properly designed aftermarket offerings. I haven't heard the same for the Codes, and have seen minimal warranty issues for OEM or aftermarket Codes, R or RSC.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 1.306142
Mobile Version of Website