Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
Posted: May 19, 2019 at 14:01 Quote
dhcharly wrote:
jimbomodder wrote:
Hey all, can I use WC seal service kit on r2c2? Only specific r2c2 one is £50 yet WC is 19.99

The oil seals and dust wipers on Rockshox Boxxers are cross compatible between all models from the same generation (same production years for a WC, Team and RC would use the same oil seals and dust wipers).

The more expensive kit you are referring to might include more parts for a more complete rebuild of the damper and spring and the World cup kit might only include the dust wipers and oil seals.
We'll the R2C2 lit I can find includes everything for WC as well, for me it's just the basic internal seals I need as I have found a leak from rebound adjuster. I'd love to fit the RC rebound damper I have instead but as yet not found where I can purchase the casting plug so I can fit it correctly.

Posted: May 19, 2019 at 16:40 Quote
New Fox 36 Grip. Noise on rebound. How normal is the sound like pressure release. Don't hear it on other bike.

Posted: May 19, 2019 at 17:10 Quote
frozenshoulder wrote:
New Fox 36 Grip. Noise on rebound. How normal is the sound like pressure release. Don't hear it on other bike.

Totally normal. Both myself and my coworker have 36 Grip forks and they make little sucking noises on rebound. Don't notice it on the trail though.

Posted: May 19, 2019 at 18:04 Quote
I have a Super Deluxe RC3, how much work do you think it would be to put a remote lever on it? Is it even doable?

Posted: May 19, 2019 at 20:15 Quote
adespotoskyli wrote:
When rubber seals sit for awhile and dry out first time they move shred to pieces due to lack of lubrication, pretty comon, best thing is to rebuild one and you'll be fine, If you can convince the seller/shop you may get it for free.

Thanks mate, that's kinda what I was thinking but It's good to hear that it should be all fixed with a rebuild.

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 3:09 Quote
dirtnapped wrote:
I have a Super Deluxe RC3, how much work do you think it would be to put a remote lever on it? Is it even doable?

Definitely doable but wouldn't be a factory upgrade. It would have to be bodged as f***. My suggestion is to drill a small hole in the lockout lever which would hold the cable then use a hose clamp on the piggyback reservoir which would hold the cable housing. Put a spring over the cable between the housing and the lever to push it back when cable is released. You may need to remove the detent ball in the lever (thing that makes it click) so there's no resistance. If you're lucky you may be able to find a factory replacement for your upper eyelet assembly which is remote compatible this would run you about $200-250.

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 4:19 Quote
hi guys, quick question- I have an SLX 3x shifter (i'm old school/poor so havent made the switch to 1x. ahem). It's always worked fine but recently it has gone incredibly stiff, very hard to move the thumb shifter forward and can only get two gears out of it.

Any ideas? I have removed the cover and given it a blast with gt85 but that really hasn't helped much. Could it be that the cable is too taught?

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 6:00 Quote
Just replace the hpusing and cable.

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 8:55 Quote
Duderz7 wrote:
What he said^

Thanks both, will give this a shot Smile

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 9:43 Quote
I have a 2018 Lyric RC, it feels like it lost air pressure, like at least 30 psi. Is this normal? does it has anything to do with seals?

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 9:55 Quote
Hi, does anyone know the screw size that holds on the 3 way Compression adjuster on the Fox 36 Performance GRIP fork?

I was having a look at the adjuster mechanism as it has always been loose and unfortunately dropped the allen screw. Not sure if it is a M3 16 or M2.5 16 or some other. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 11:06 Quote
drpepperrider2 wrote:
I have a 2018 Lyric RC, it feels like it lost air pressure, like at least 30 psi. Is this normal? does it has anything to do with seals?

My lyric rc2dh does this sometimes it's when the o ring on the seal head is hooped and air gets behind the piston.

If this is so becareful taking the piston out the air behind the piston will make it shoot out the fork I blew a hole in my wall.

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 11:07 Quote
drpepperrider2 wrote:

When was the last service?

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 13:57 Quote
Good to know ! I've had the bike for a year and it hasn't been serviced yet. It is strange, I'm gearing up for a 10 day ride trip aswell so it's a bit late to service it, but I hope it will hold up!

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018410
Mobile Version of Website