Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 14:05 Quote
simonangier wrote:
freestyIAM wrote:
simonangier wrote:
Does anyone have the FOUNDATION DROPPER SEATPOST, or heard about it?

I saw that Jenson was offering it as part of their Foundation series. Limited reviews on the site. One review suggests that replacement parts aren't available for the post but at $140 for the whole thing it might still be worth it, especially if it turns out to be reliable. Unfortunately its a rather new offering so you'd be the guinea-pig.

That is true so I was also thinking of the PNW Ridge or another PNW model, since they do have a lot of reviews

Dude bite the bullet and get the OneUp dropper. One of the best cable droppers on the market for cheap and available with 210mm drop. Can't beat it.

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 15:04 Quote
Nah get a BikeYoke Revive. Best bang for your buck with an actually useful air bleed function.

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 15:46 Quote
I've got old RS Psylo forks, on an old gt xcr. I just cleaned em out and changed oil. Problem: dampener screw won't tighten, it threads in about 3/4 the way then the whole thing spins. I tried compressing and tightening, pulling apart and tighting, won't go. Any ideas(other than a new bike with some newer gawd-dam forks)?

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 17:25 Quote
Bobbychomes wrote:
I've got old RS Psylo forks, on an old gt xcr. I just cleaned em out and changed oil. Problem: dampener screw won't tighten, it threads in about 3/4 the way then the whole thing spins. I tried compressing and tightening, pulling apart and tighting, won't go. Any ideas(other than a new bike with some newer gawd-dam forks)?
Put a clean dowel rod, or cut off from handle or something of the like in the top to put just a little pressure on it too soon the bolt on. Unless you have a power tool, (drill, impact driver, air tool) couple blips with that and you should be good. Just make sure your not cross threaded.

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 18:48 Quote
Bflutz625 wrote:
simonangier wrote:
freestyIAM wrote:

I saw that Jenson was offering it as part of their Foundation series. Limited reviews on the site. One review suggests that replacement parts aren't available for the post but at $140 for the whole thing it might still be worth it, especially if it turns out to be reliable. Unfortunately its a rather new offering so you'd be the guinea-pig.

That is true so I was also thinking of the PNW Ridge or another PNW model, since they do have a lot of reviews

Dude bite the bullet and get the OneUp dropper. One of the best cable droppers on the market for cheap and available with 210mm drop. Can't beat it.

even though its going for 169 + tax, you still need a dropper remote which can be pricey, so it would be over $200

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 2:23 Quote
Hi
considering goin SS on my Supreme V3 park. I like the look of those German SS clutch tensioners but, That Price! I do have spare Zee mech I can use for now but,
Any body know of a cheaper alternative to the German one (Sorry I can't remember the manufacture!)
Cheers

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 3:27 Quote
Sb One make a super sick one, but it's also 200eur.
If I were you I'd just use a Zee mech.

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 3:33 Quote
yeah that's the one

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 11:14 Quote
I recently changed the brake pads of my MT7 brakes but now i face the problem that they are constantly rubbing against the rotor (which is actually a shimano ice tech rotor) even though i pressed the pistons all the way in and cleaned them before inserting the new pads. Does anyone of you guys know what´s the most probable cause to this problem?

Cheers

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 11:20 Quote
luis-hacker wrote:
I recently changed the brake pads of my MT7 brakes but now i face the problem that they are constantly rubbing against the rotor (which is actually a shimano ice tech rotor) even though i pressed the pistons all the way in and cleaned them before inserting the new pads. Does anyone of you guys know what´s the most probable cause to this problem?

Cheers

is the rotor warped?

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 11:53 Quote
goytay wrote:
luis-hacker wrote:

Cheers

is the rotor warped?

No as far as i can tell it is as straight as it gets. The rubbing is constant though

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 11:55 Quote
luis-hacker wrote:
goytay wrote:
luis-hacker wrote:

Cheers

is the rotor warped?

No as far as i can tell it is as straight as it gets. The rubbing is constant though

Adjust the caliper position. If the caliper can't move quite far enough, file the mounting holes a tiny bit.

Also ensure the piston seals aren't dry. Wet them with a little brake fluid and move them in an out to ensure the oil gets into the seals.

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 13:40 Quote
Is rubbing one side or both?
If both then that suggests there may be too much oil in the system. Have you used then with Shimano rotors from new?
If not and there were used on Magura rotors and then swapped onto Shimano more oil may have been added to get the bite point at realistic position.

The Magura rotors are thicker than most others.

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 14:45 Quote
mark-p wrote:
Is rubbing one side or both?
If both then that suggests there may be too much oil in the system. Have you used then with Shimano rotors from new?
If not and there were used on Magura rotors and then swapped onto Shimano more oil may have been added to get the bite point at realistic position.

The Magura rotors are thicker than most others.

Yeah, that might be the case. I´ll try that.

Posted: Jun 14, 2019 at 1:21 Quote
Best courtier for sending from UK to USA? Batman

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022425
Mobile Version of Website