Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 8:42 Quote
It's actually a 370 hub in the rear, but yeah, i had the info from other models of Rovals and it fits (both front, 6805 and 6804, and rear, 2x6902 for the hub, 2x6802 for the XD driver).

Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 9:54 Quote
hi , can i run a 10 speed zee derailleur with a 9 speed saint shifter in a 9 speed cassette ?

Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 10:01 Quote
not reliably, different cable pull ratios.

but you can use a SRAM 9 speed shifter with the Zee

Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 10:37 Quote
Isn't there like a mod of a 5mm spacer under the cable clamp? Or something?

Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 10:44 Quote
nojzilla wrote:
Isn't there like a mod of a 5mm spacer under the cable clamp? Or something?

Not worth it IMO. Just get the compatible stuff. Always going to work best.

Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 18:52 Quote
Is it worth rebuilding my 2010 rockshoxx boxxer forks (leaking seals) or should I send them off for a rebuild?

Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 19:01 Quote
Does anyone know what frames besides other Scott frames would fit all the parts to a 2015 Scott 750 hardtail. I thought that I could deal with a medium frame but it does not work at all. Thanks

Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 19:08 Quote
jeepybum297 wrote:
Is it worth rebuilding my 2010 rockshoxx boxxer forks (leaking seals) or should I send them off for a rebuild?

Changing seals you can do yourself, seals are usually 40$ a set and the instructions are on sram's website, unless thers more wrong than just seals, hows the damper, spring side, bushings?

Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 19:16 Quote
goytay wrote:
jeepybum297 wrote:

Changing seals you can do yourself, seals are usually 40$ a set and the instructions are on sram's website, unless thers more wrong than just seals, hows the damper, spring side, bushings?

Thanks for the reply that seems easy enough. I'm kind of clueless when it comes to suspension, although I am mechanically-inclined. Is there a way to tell? They are the "world cup" edition forks. I've played around with them a little in terms of the compression/gate clickers up top and they seem to work.

Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 19:59 Quote
goytay wrote:
jeepybum297 wrote:

Yea I agree rockshox forks are the easiest to work on there are videos and diagrams showing step by step how to tare down and rebuild.. save yourself some.cash and be riding sooner

Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 22:11 Quote
Has anyone had any luck with finding Marzocchi expanded diagrams? I'm specifically looking for a S3C2R diagram and oil volume and weight

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 3:46 Quote
Spoke wrenches - I need some spoke wrenches, will likely go Park Tool, as am happy with their other kit that I have. It worth getting the 4 sided wrenches (such as SW-40) rather than the standard 3 sided ones (SW-0)?

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 3:50 Quote
I was stupid and didn't label which washers go with which linkage pivots on my Specialized enduro. Does anyone know where i can find out which go where or have an enduro who knows which washers?

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 3:54 Quote
bennorth wrote:
I was stupid and didn't label which washers go with which linkage pivots on my Specialized enduro. Does anyone know where i can find out which go where or have an enduro who knows which washers?

If it's a current model Enduro, there should be an Enduro manual PDF on the Specialized site.

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 4:08 Quote
seraph wrote:
bennorth wrote:

If it's a current model Enduro, there should be an Enduro manual PDF on the Specialized site.

Yeah i've tried that unfortunately. It mentions the order in which to disassemble but nothing about washers/spacers.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019625
Mobile Version of Website