Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 4:26 Quote
False wrote:
Has anyone had any luck with finding Marzocchi expanded diagrams? I'm specifically looking for a S3C2R diagram and oil volume and weight

https://www.marzocchi.com/support/shocks/2016/053-s3c2r.aspx?idC=62354&idM=29629-1665-1573&idMy=29478&idP=29653-783&m=a

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 9:11 Quote
False wrote:
Has anyone had any luck with finding Marzocchi expanded diagrams? I'm specifically looking for a S3C2R diagram and oil volume and weight

Try this www.marzocchi.com/support.aspx?idC=62354&idMy=15638&idP=18811-636&idS=15802

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 9:51 Quote
bennorth wrote:
seraph wrote:
bennorth wrote:
I was stupid and didn't label which washers go with which linkage pivots on my Specialized enduro. Does anyone know where i can find out which go where or have an enduro who knows which washers?

If it's a current model Enduro, there should be an Enduro manual PDF on the Specialized site.

Yeah i've tried that unfortunately. It mentions the order in which to disassemble but nothing about washers/spacers.

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 16:20 Quote
seraph wrote:
bennorth wrote:
seraph wrote:

If it's a current model Enduro, there should be an Enduro manual PDF on the Specialized site.

Yeah i've tried that unfortunately. It mentions the order in which to disassemble but nothing about washers/spacers.

Cheers mate. helps a lot Smile

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 17:06 Quote
Gazzamatazzzz wrote:
False wrote:

https://www.marzocchi.com/support/shocks/2016/053-s3c2r.aspx?idC=62354&idM=29629-1665-1573&idMy=29478&idP=29653-783&m=a

Thanks alot, still can't seem to find the oil weight and volume though.

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 19:14 Quote
Any mechs out there have ... Good experiences or advice on how to extract a badly stripped 16mm cinch bolt from some race face next cranks?

Thanks

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 19:20 Quote
Can someone tell me what year my fork is ?(before I order the seal kit) thank you

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 19:24 Quote
jeepybum297 wrote:
Can someone tell me what year my fork is ?(before I order the seal kit) thank you

There is a serial number on the back of one of the crowns message rockshox over Facebook and give them the serial number they will tell you ...did this with my lyrik

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 22:01 Quote
Or just to this site and enter the serial number.

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 22:01 Quote
jeepybum297 wrote:

Those are pre 2010 32mm stanchions.

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 23:58 Quote
False wrote:
Gazzamatazzzz wrote:
False wrote:

Thanks alot, still can't seem to find the oil weight and volume though.
I use a 22cst 5wt oil for my marzocchi shocks (motorex) Volume is irrelevant because you need to fill the damper and purge the air then set the IFP depth. Overall volume used would be maybe 100ml total but you don't just dump it in and close up the system... little more involved than that

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 4:38 Quote
Hey guys,

want to remove my cranksets from my enduro and hardtail. One is SRAM... I took the non drive side out, but the drive side is stuck, it doesn't come out. I tried with mallet hammer to take it out and it doesn't even move a inch.
The other is Race Face Turbine and I took the screw on the drive side (the 8mm screw, not the 10mm) and it should be enough to take it out with the front cog... it also doesn't move. I saw videos on Youtube and I think I'm doing it right.
It is normal that gets this stuck? Are there any tips and tricks you guys could advise? It's my first time removing cranksets. Thanks.

Cheers,
Nuno

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 6:58 Quote
Your RF cranks are self extracting. You turn the 8mm bolt until the crank comes off. For the SRAM cranks the model will help us figure out what to do. Just saying SRAM cranks isn't too specific. For DUB cranks the drive side comes off the spindle and the non drive and spindle come out the other end. GXP cranks the non drive comes off the spindle and the drive side and spindle come out the other end. You may need to tap them out but not that hard and use a soft hammer or you'll mushroom the spindle and never get the crank back on the spindle.

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 7:06 Quote
RF crank didn't come out when I took the 8mm screw out...
I have a GPX SRAM and I took the non drive side out, but the drive side with spindle doesn't come out... and I tried the hammer too...

Bflutz625 wrote:
Your RF cranks are self extracting. You turn the 8mm bolt until the crank comes off. For the SRAM cranks the model will help us figure out what to do. Just saying SRAM cranks isn't too specific. For DUB cranks the drive side comes off the spindle and the non drive and spindle come out the other end. GXP cranks the non drive comes off the spindle and the drive side and spindle come out the other end. You may need to tap them out but not that hard and use a soft hammer or you'll mushroom the spindle and never get the crank back on the spindle.

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 8:06 Quote
ndias wrote:
RF crank didn't come out when I took the 8mm screw out...
I have a GPX SRAM and I took the non drive side out, but the drive side with spindle doesn't come out... and I tried the hammer too...

Bflutz625 wrote:

You don't remove the 8mm hex, you tighten it untill it pushes the crank arm out, also this to happen you can't remove the 10mm hex

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.024194
Mobile Version of Website