Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
Author Message
Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 10:37 Quote
RitzKrakerz13 wrote:
What is some regular maintenance you should do on your DH bike and how often? Also, my fork needs cleaning and I have no idea how. My fork is a Fox 36 Van but not the latest model, I think its a year or two old.
first of recommend just a good tune and clean and don’t try to work on the fox get someone who is certified with fox to do it or you will probably break something and void your warranty

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 6:58 Quote
Hey guys do clutch derailer clutches wear out?

My DH bike derailler is getting noisier than when It was new.

Is it something that can be replaced?
SramXO DH

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 7:13 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
Hey guys do clutch derailer clutches wear out?

My DH bike derailler is getting noisier than when It was new.

Is it something that can be replaced?
SramXO DH

Have you tried re greasing the clutch?

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 7:26 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
Hey guys do clutch derailer clutches wear out?

My DH bike derailler is getting noisier than when It was new.

Is it something that can be replaced?
SramXO DH

I'm assuming you mean you're getting more chain slap noise. Tighten the clutch mechanism.

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 8:24 Quote
Hi, I realise that this is a bit anal but does anyone know if Superstar and Uberbike colours match? I’m mainly looking at red...

Cheers

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 8:45 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
Hey guys do clutch derailer clutches wear out?

My DH bike derailler is getting noisier than when It was new.

Is it something that can be replaced?
SramXO DH

As far as I can remember the X0 DH derailleur has the Type 2 clutch which can be adjusted by turning the Torx screw under the rubber cover. Later models have a pin installed in the screw so it can't be turned. Removing that pin will allow you to turn the screw. New SRAM Type 2.1 and 3 can't be adjusted and are unrepairable once worn out.

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 8:59 Quote
Bflutz625 wrote:
Thepureface wrote:
Hey guys do clutch derailer clutches wear out?

My DH bike derailler is getting noisier than when It was new.

Is it something that can be replaced?
SramXO DH

As far as I can remember the X0 DH derailleur has the Type 2 clutch which can be adjusted by turning the Torx screw under the rubber cover. Later models have a pin installed in the screw so it can't be turned. Removing that pin will allow you to turn the screw. New SRAM Type 2.1 and 3 can't be adjusted and are unrepairable once worn out.


Thanks dude, thats just the info I needed. I did not know they were adjustable im 99% sure mine is a type 2

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 9:30 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
Bflutz625 wrote:
Thepureface wrote:
Hey guys do clutch derailer clutches wear out?

My DH bike derailler is getting noisier than when It was new.

Is it something that can be replaced?
SramXO DH

As far as I can remember the X0 DH derailleur has the Type 2 clutch which can be adjusted by turning the Torx screw under the rubber cover. Later models have a pin installed in the screw so it can't be turned. Removing that pin will allow you to turn the screw. New SRAM Type 2.1 and 3 can't be adjusted and are unrepairable once worn out.


Thanks dude, thats just the info I needed. I did not know they were adjustable im 99% sure mine is a type 2

Pretty sure all the X0 and X01 DH derailleurs are Type 2.

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 10:32 Quote
X01 DH is based off of SRAM 11 speed drivetrains so it would more than likely be a Type 2.1

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 11:03 Quote
seraph wrote:
Pretty sure all the X0 and X01 DH derailleurs are Type 2.

Bflutz625 wrote:
X01 DH is based off of SRAM 11 speed drivetrains so it would more than likely be a Type 2.1

Fifteen seconds on Google Image Search found versions with Type 2, Type 2.1, and Type 3.

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 11:36 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
seraph wrote:
Pretty sure all the X0 and X01 DH derailleurs are Type 2.

Bflutz625 wrote:
X01 DH is based off of SRAM 11 speed drivetrains so it would more than likely be a Type 2.1

Fifteen seconds on Google Image Search found versions with Type 2, Type 2.1, and Type 3.

I meant all the 10-speed versions. The 7-speed models are Type 3 if memory serves.

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 11:55 Quote
seraph wrote:
I meant all the 10-speed versions. The 7-speed models are Type 3 if memory serves.

There has been no mention whether Thepureface has a 10- or 7-speed version.

7- and 10-speed versions have both used all three clutch types.

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 12:02 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
seraph wrote:
I meant all the 10-speed versions. The 7-speed models are Type 3 if memory serves.

There has been no mention whether Thepureface has a 10- or 7-speed version.

7- and 10-speed versions have both used all three clutch types.

X0 DH was only offered in 10-speed I believe. Which is why I was only mentioning 10-speed derailleurs.

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 12:15 Quote
seraph wrote:
R-M-R wrote:
seraph wrote:
I meant all the 10-speed versions. The 7-speed models are Type 3 if memory serves.

There has been no mention whether Thepureface has a 10- or 7-speed version.

7- and 10-speed versions have both used all three clutch types.

X0 DH was only offered in 10-speed I believe. Which is why I was only mentioning 10-speed derailleurs.

Ah, that's probably right. I'm thinking X01 DH.

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 12:30 Quote
If you get crafty you can tighten all versions of the sram clutch system, but it will be your warranty.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013767
Mobile Version of Website