Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 12:48 Quote
Numnum2000 wrote:
Hi, I realise that this is a bit anal but does anyone know if Superstar and Uberbike colours match? I’m mainly looking at red...

Cheers

I don't know about that, but I do know uber bikes green does not match the green from the ' made in the UK' range they have. I got jockey wheels and chain ring bolts both in green and they are fairly different.

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 0:37 Quote
Can anyone tell me about Corsair bikes, the Revo in particular?

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 5:32 Quote
Anyone know where I can get a 174mm allen bolt through axle in the UK? Only one I can find that isn't ebay/amazon is from World Wide Cyclery which ironically is so expensive to ship anywhere other than america I doubt anyone from the rest of the world buys from them lol

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 5:43 Quote
james-skipper wrote:
Anyone know where I can get a 174mm allen bolt through axle in the UK? Only one I can find that isn't ebay/amazon is from World Wide Cyclery which ironically is so expensive to ship anywhere other than america I doubt anyone from the rest of the world buys from them lol

What pitch? There are loads of Maxle Stealths and MRP one's around which are 174mm long

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 8:24 Quote
radatabs wrote:
What pitch? There are loads of Maxle Stealths and MRP one's around which are 174mm long

Not gonna lie I didnt realise there were different thread pitches! I've just shot commencal an email to check which one I need (Their customer service is amazing btw) I'll do some googling for the mrp ones, cheers for your help

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 10:23 Quote
Based on my experience I believe there are 2 broad standards.

Syntace uses a finer pitch thread (I think 1mm) and has a cone shaped collet at the head end. I have only come across these in one length (Our Cubes use this types).

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Far-near-syntace-thru-through-axle-142mm-x-12mm-lightweight-anodised-colours-rea/173927329996?hash=item287ee070cc:m:mSdtT8hGELjHfg6jOsKzs0Q

Shimano/Maxle uses a courser thread (1.75mm) and the head end is flat. These come in different lengths for the main axle and the thread. It needs to be long enough for the thread to be in the nut part but not on the wheel bearing. This fits my Ibis Mojo but the overall length matches yours. He does a range of different sizes.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173927329991?ViewItem=&item=173927329991

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 10:28 Quote
mark-p wrote:
Based on my experience I believe there are 2 broad standards.

Syntace uses a finer pitch thread (I think 1mm) and has a cone shaped collet at the head end. I have only come across these in one length (Our Cubes use this types).

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Far-near-syntace-thru-through-axle-142mm-x-12mm-lightweight-anodised-colours-rea/173927329996?hash=item287ee070cc:m:mSdtT8hGELjHfg6jOsKzs0Q

Shimano/Maxle uses a courser thread (1.75mm) and the head end is flat. These come in different lengths for the main axle and the thread. It needs to be long enough for the thread to be in the nut part but not on the wheel bearing. This fits my Ibis Mojo but the overall length matches yours. He does a range of different sizes.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173927329991?ViewItem=&item=173927329991

Thanks! Just had a chat with the guys at commencal and I need the 1.75mm thread pitch, I'll check out that ebay seller now

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 11:21 Quote
Im also planning on doing a caliper service on my Sram brakes, Ive got some old dot fluid to clean the pistons with but its been sitting around for so long its probably taken on a tonne of water. Will this cause any issues even though I'll just be scrubbing the pistons with a tiny bit of it?

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 11:22 Quote
mtbikeaddict wrote:
Bump. Thanks in advance! Smile

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 11:40 Quote
mtbikeaddict wrote:

Have you got a link to their website with a spec list and that?

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 18:45 Quote
Can I upgrade the star ratchets on dt swiss 370 hubs? Funny the lack of engagement never bothered my on climbs but did a fast xc ride today and was out of the saddle hammering on and off and it was driving me nuts.

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 18:52 Quote
scjeremy wrote:
Can I upgrade the star ratchets on dt swiss 370 hubs? Funny the lack of engagement never bothered my on climbs but did a fast xc ride today and was out of the saddle hammering on and off and it was driving me nuts.
iirc 370s use a 3 pawl system. can be upgraded to use star ratchet, but not stock.

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 19:36 Quote
spaceofades wrote:
scjeremy wrote:
iirc 370s use a 3 pawl system. can be upgraded to use star ratchet, but not stock.
So is it as easy as dropping in the spacer two star ratchets with a spring on either side or is there modifications required?

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 20:08 Quote
scjeremy wrote:
spaceofades wrote:
scjeremy wrote:
So is it as easy as dropping in the spacer two star ratchets with a spring on either side or is there modifications required?
no. You will need a new drive ring, the star ratchets, and a new freehub body. Best of you have a donor 350 or 240 hub to steal parts from.

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 20:17 Quote
This may be of assistance.

https://youtu.be/e_XpRZCLTX4

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023116
Mobile Version of Website